The Six Star Luxury Crown Metropol Perth located in Burswood, and it is the six-star kind within the superior hotels of the segment worldwide. The operations of the hotel are based in Cnr of Great Eastern Highway & Boston Ave, Burswood, WA, Australia. The hotel has an easy to access location from each significant gateway city in Burswood and the hotel environment also established carefulness and solitude for the customers. The gardens, golf course, wedding chapel and a state-of-the-art spa wing surround the hotel that added value to the hotel beautification. Burswood is a famous sightseeing place for the customers locally and globally. There were about million of sightseers visited and enjoyed all night trips at Burswood in 2009. The fundamental customers-base is the comfort travelers. However, there are particular characteristics in Burswood that represented attractiveness by comfort travelers. The opportunities and threat analysis was conducted in order to gauge their impact on various managerial aspects including organization, general management, operations, food and beverage, Marketing, Finance, and HRM and their subsequent results in forthcoming years. It also highlighted the highly significant factor for management to focus after successful conduction of break-even analysis in order to experience improvements in future.
Opportunities and their Importance
- The east expansion of the Eastern Europe (EU) brought fresh attractive markets: Eastern and Central Europe depicted expansion in global tourist influxes .
- Usually, the comfort accommodation segment got massive public gains for the establishment of new hotel projects which resultantly improved the GDP of an economy .
- The global net worth people improved by seventeen percent during 2008 and 2009 .
- The comfort accommodation segment did not receive influence of the recession experienced in 2007 .
- The GDP expansion completely in Europe, specifically in the Eastern and Central European economies including Estonia and Latvia, developed comfort very cheap to the common people .
- The nationals of Brazil, Russia, India and China inclined to visit mostly and possessed a substantial disposable income .
- In the present contemporary working culture, extended workings are very general that established the wish for recreation and healing. The comfort travelling is completely relevant to the accumulation travelling memories. This is highly important for events including parties and weddings .
- Individuals get little vacations in their weekends, but spent heavy amounts on shorter travels that involved weekend comfort spa packages .
- Wedding celebrated at Burswood are very famous. Numerous individuals saved amount for the whole period of their life in order to set the wedding benchmark.
- The living in a luxurious hotel became very reachable to the greater individuals with the help of internet. Amadeus is an online system which is popular in executing effective hotel reservation through internet .
Threats and their Importance
- War and violence adversely impacted an economy’s inbound tourism which is evident from 9/11 incident. The doubtful situations and horror refrained individuals from travelling in the specific month after the assault .
- The uncertain climate situations including EYJAFJALLAJOEKULL volcano explosion amended the travelling plan of individuals. The studies suggested that there were over seven million travelers globally faced trouble .
- Public bodies faced greater political impacts on the comfort accommodation segments, because they billed greater value of taxes from the star groups of hotels.
- The amendments to rules influenced the tourism industry completely including the exceptional amendments not still established in the AUSTRALIA to the Hotel Proprietors Act.
- Every hotel based at AUSTRALIA fulfilled each safety and health regulation and faced adverse outcomes in the case of avoidance .
- The changes in exchange rates, greater tax influx and advent of inflation brought adverse influence in terms of under tourism receipts at tourism industry .
- There was unavailability of economies of scale in the comfort hotel industry. The hotels’ billings received meager consideration for the balancing of their elite environment .
- The comfort travelers attempted significant-status memories of their holidays. The greater monetary value showed value addition. The lavishness segment persistently focused on modernization itself in order to remain glorious, unique and stylish . In the said scenario, significant capital expenditures underwent in a luxury hotel.
- Particular “extras” including spa not viewed an additional variable in the luxury tourism segment. They represented need for every spirited luxury hotel which revealed that those “extras” focused towards the continuous enhancement that commonly indicated heavy monetary values against expenditures.
- The reliance on the host economy, few technologies of hotel exploited were outdated and required replacement with the advanced ones. The luxury industry demanded updated technology taking into consideration the expenses .
Impact of opportunities and threats
The organization of a strategy executed in the three segments including decisions that considered customers before their advent in the hotel boundaries, their arrivals and departures. The decisions management entailed three forms including pre-service delivery decisions; that involved information search, price, booking, payment, and cancellation; service delivery decisions that entailed transport, arrival, the stay, quality assurance, employee details, and complaints; and post-service delivery decision that comprised of reflection on stay solely.
The owners of the Crown Metropol Perth focused on managerial aspects by taking into consideration the global scenario. They underwent additional time and monetary resources to execute their activities. Crown Metropol Perth emphasized locating manners to exploit technology gains for procurement and inventory decisions. The close association of management with its contractors and the application of technology to associate each other mutually, the workers at Crown Metropol Perth experienced additional time to spare servicing their customers and enhancing their experience. Management issues highlighted in the tourism sector in the establishment of a new business and concluded that documenting a tourism product, and operating plan was the crucial factors to getting ahead.
A customer-based approach selected in the establishment of forthcoming operational plan. The approach allowed Crown Metropol Perth to locate what it required in order to ensure above average satisfaction of its customers and devised measures for its operational achievements. There was the existence of slight competition within Burswood as no operation of six star hotel operation found. Although global observations, a single rival located that may bring potential influence with the Crown Metropol Perth’s business. The benchmarks established for six star hotels, involved a great hosting for a wide variety of wedding, parties and formals, which attracted the identical target markets for the purpose of Crown Metropol Perth’s operations and was financially stable.
Food and Beverage
The hotel focused on evaluations of two significant variables that are condition and quality. The bedrooms, public areas, services, food and hospitality, exterior premises, bathrooms, dining room, cleanliness were the major domains into consideration. The quality advisor established the scoring criteria for each of the mentioned area in terms of poor, acceptable, good, very good, excellent, and exceptional. In the lavishness hotel industry, the satisfaction of customers is mandatory. If customers gave positive feedback for the services, they will back. The greater extent of satisfaction is attributable to the performance of workers at workplace that is an imperative for a luxury hotel . The nurture measures taken for customers included global and Scottish dishes, a broad category of non-alcoholic and alcoholic beverages, terms established for advanced dietary demands, and twenty- four-hour service.
The luxury accommodation industry resulted in greater monetary benefits attractive for possible businesses. Nevertheless, great obstacles to entry present, exist obstacles were greater and elevated investment setup cost was unavoidable. The industry demanded comparatively greater equity of shareholders survive in the market for the renovation, marketing, sales, distribution and management of hotels . In Burswood, the particular features of attraction for the luxury travelers were Unique Selling Propositions (USPs) and the exclusive activities that attracted worldwide customers to select Burswood a tourism destination compared to other places in the world. Romantic landscape, trout and salmon fishing, wedding and parties in the romantic culture (castles) and romantic landscape were the branding and marketing elements of the core hotel business. The mutual marketing associations with Destination Marketing Organization (DMOs) in Burswood involved the VISITFIFE for the purpose of promotion that improved the significance and gains to them equally. The Crown Metropol Perth attempted to generate a particular picture of the travel familiarity to encourage consumer awareness and recognition of the brand. The quality further improved through associations with marketing schemes of quality assurance including “Small Luxury Hotels of the World” or “The Leading Hotels of the World”. Another manner to encourage the promotion established through the association with popular stakeholders. The Crown Metropol Perth carried out its promotional strategy with celebrities based at Burswood that involved Andy Murray and Sean Connery.
The financial information divided into three categories: The domestic assets evaluated the condition before the achievement of the Crown Metropol Perth estate. It indicated that the land is completely managed and equipped, but showed deficiency in maintenance of quality attributes. Secondly, a permanent organization costs located for the overhaul of the land into a luxury alternative impacted the forecasted development of costs for a wedding chapel and the spa. The luxury hotels required the huge bunch of demands for accomplishment in pursuing for a six-star rating. A greater cost of overhead required computation and expectations of greater heating and energy costs are present, and every lawful liability showed support for the execution. The cost of labor revealed higher, because skilled staff required induction in order to balance the customer to staff ratio to one to one almost.
Human Resource Management
The HRM in the context of Crown Metropol Perth received substantial influence in demand fluctuations, specifically in those contexts where there was a need to serve the seasonal tourism industry. The Crown Metropol Perth was also strongly dependent on the exterior market of workers, because the turnover of workers was classically greater and hence, a prepared procurement of unskilled and skilled workforce requirements was the mandatory variables. The greater turnover resulted in issues of talent scarcity in fundamental operational domains including kitchen or waiting staff. Nevertheless, the Crown Metropol Perth context acted selection of managers in the strategy of HRM, practice and policies, facts proposed a broad range of approaches to the management and staffing of workers. The internal influences for the HRM of Crown Metropol Perth were the corporate objectives, operational, marketing, and financial strategies whereas, the external impacts on HRM of the hotel were market, economic, technological, social, political and legal changes. The HRM function of Crown Metropol Perth received influence from the factors suggested after the analysis of the external and internal environment.
Management Priority and Analysis
The notion of the luxury hotel is monetary favorable worldwide. However, hotel must operator to see the non-existence of six-star luxury hotels in Burswood, although the requirements of luxury items and services were more than enough. One of the fundamental obstacles for Crown Metropol Perth is the greater investment costs as the hotel needed to have a substantial amount to carry on further business that is a risky investment for any financial institution. Logically, the sole manner to equate the greater ambition of Crown Metropol Perth is to execute substantial investment in marketing and, demanded a huge capital from established shareholders that showed their reliance on Crown Metropol Perth. There are presently three established hotels in Burswood in the premier Hotels of the world grading criteria. Crown Metropol Perth considered them as its domestic rivals due to the reasons of similar target market and specifically targeted the elite class. The categorization of five-star hotels enabled greater service and product quality, and each hotel sold the “Australian Experience” in the diverse manner and the hotels also offered packages for weddings, parties and the spa gateways.
Crown Metropol Perth is the one in Burswood that promoted the six-star hotel experiences for customers worldwide. It procured a golf course, exclusive suites, a wedding chapel and a spa in a highly lucrative setting for parties and weddings. These traits are mandatory for any lavishness hotel based in Burswood, and they played a significant role in attracting travelers from the world. The identification of luxury is attributable to the experience in which parties and weddings are highly important. The improvements in global wealth and throwaway income encouraged lavishness resorts and elite weddings. The luxury weekend spending of holidays for the elite class offered them state-of-the-art relaxation opportunities which are the fundamental objectives of Crown Metropol Perth. The Crown Metropol Perth offered the greatest benchmark for the uppermost monetary value. The hotel ensured the quality at all times. The Crown Metropol Perth did its assessment from the leading hotels in the world so that their customers may experience service beyond their thinking. The quality variables of the hotel were assessments, cleanliness, welcome packs, employee competence, and employee training that significantly enabled the hotel’s staff to feel their demands and approaches.
Amadeus IT Group SA, 2005 - 2010. Amadeus. Your Technology Partner. [Online] Available at: http://www.amadeus.com/hotels/x20915.html
Award Hospitality, 2014. LLC: Professional Hotel Management & Consulting. [Online] Available at: http://www.awardhospitality.net/assets/docs/awardHospitalityEmployeeHandbook.pdf
Blake, A. & Sinclair, T., 2003. Tourism Crisis Management: US Response to September 11. Annals of Tourism Research, pp. 813-832.
Hotel Technology Resource, 2014. [Online] Available at: Retrieved October 24, 2010, from
HSE, 2014. Catering and Hospitality. [Online] Available at: http://www.hse.gov.uk/catering/
Kiessling, G., Balekjian, C. & Oehmichen, A., 2009. What credit crunch? More luxury for new money: European rising stars & established markets. Journal of Retail & Leisure Property, pp. 3-23.
Mintel, 2007. Luxury Travel - International. London: Mintel International Group Ltd.
Mooney, S. & Penn, J., 1985. Market Segmentation in hotels: a move up-market with the 'club' concept. International Journal of Hospitality Management, pp. 63-65.
Popova, N., 2014. Icelandic Volcano Eyjafjallajökull Causes Travel Mayhem, Euromonitor International. [Online] Available at: http://blog.euromonitor.com/2010/04/icelandic-volcano-eyjafjallaj%C3%B6kull-causes-travel-mayhem-.html
UNWTO, 2009. UNWTO World Tourism Barometer. [Online] Available at: http://www.world-tourism.org/facts/eng/pdf/barometer/UNWTO_Barom09_3_en.pdf[Accessed 4 November 2014].