An evaluation essay is an academic paper that could be assigned almost on any college subject. It shares some similarities with a persuasive essay and a review. However, it is a standalone genre of writing with its unique features.
So, what is an evaluation essay? The primary purpose of this type of essay is to present a value judgment on a book, article, course, event, experience, cultural artifact, etc. Unlike a persuasive essay or a review, your viewpoint must be balanced and backed up by evidence elicited from a detailed analysis of the subject.
Topics for an evaluation essay can be just as diverse as for any other kind of paper. The trick is to find a suitable object to consider, choose the criteria you will use to make your judgment, and apply analysis to produce supporting evidence for your point of view.
Helping you with the first step is the purpose of this post. Here you will find 120 interesting evaluation essay topics on various subjects. Many of them are linked to the samples from our free database to illustrate how this topic can be addressed. Please note that there is no one correct opinion, especially when it comes to personal experiences. Treat those samples only as a model for structure and style and feel free to disagree with the viewpoints expressed.
Evaluation Paper Topics about Education
Opening our evaluation essay topics list is one of the most accessible areas for any student – education. As a student, you can assess your teacher, classroom experience, textbook, progress within the course, test experience, and anything in between. As an educator, you can evaluate the curriculum, your own performance, the work of your colleague, or even an entire policy. Choose a topic from this list or come up with your own, but don't forget to be objective.
- Evaluation in childcare programs: an account of the experience
- Evaluating the gaps for training intervention
- Self-evaluation essay
- Evaluate a textbook
- Alternative approaches to curriculum evaluation
- Evaluation of an evidence-based project
- Kirkpatrick's early verbal learning evaluation
- Written assignment evaluation
- Critical self-evaluation of writing sample
- Self-evaluation for university admission
- Group process and peer evaluation
- Writing skills progress self-evaluation
- Evaluate a class you have completed
- Evaluate your teacher or instructor
- Evaluate the grading system in your school. What are its advantages and disadvantages?
- Evaluate a lesson you have attended as a student
- Evaluate a lesson you have attended as a surveyor
Nursing and Healthcare Evaluative Essay Topics
Healthcare is one of the critical areas of public life and, as such, often a source of controversial topics, from universal healthcare rights to a choice to end one's life with medical assistance. That is why it is so essential to practice a balanced outlook in this sphere in particular. Thus, we are justifying an evaluation essay topics selection presented here.
- Developing an evaluation plan for nurses
- Alcohol and substance abuse evaluation plan
- Evaluation of chronic diabetes self-care programs
- The analysis and evaluation of nursing theories
- Evaluating and redesigning policies to increase nursing retention
- Evaluating the concept of euthanasia
- Clinical practice evaluation
- Evaluate a patients progress in a rehabilitation program
- Evaluate your performance as a nurse for the last two weeks
- Evaluate the emergency response team you are working with
- Evaluate your experience with the family doctor
- Evaluate your last visit to a hospital
- Evaluate patient satisfaction with care and amenities in your clinic
- Evaluate a public health awareness campaign
- Evaluate health data management tools in your clinic
- Evaluate the effectiveness of post-operative cancer treatments
- Evaluate the efficiency of rehabilitation therapies used at your clinic
Miscellaneous Evaluation Argument Essay Topics
Still, having a balanced view doesn't mean you should discuss the issue absolutely dispassionately. You are entitled to your opinion and allowed to take sides in the evaluation – as long as you are honest about your motives for the judgment expressed. Here are some topics for an evaluation argument essay to practice a fair discussion.
- Education evaluation: girls make better students than boys
- Critical assessment of Mark Twain's "The Damned Human Race"
- How much anonymity does network latency leak?
- Evaluation of gardening as a hobby
- Individual and group therapy, do you know the difference? an evaluation paper
- Restaurant evaluation
- Evaluate a team you work in. Is it effective? Why or why not?
- Evaluate a local McDonald's restaurant. Do you think customers should continue to frequent it?
- Evaluate the use of technology in your classroom. Is it beneficial? Why or why not?
- Evaluate your experience with Microsoft and Apple. Which one do you prefer? Why?
- Long-distance therapy: promising treatment methods for today and the future
- Evaluate the college campuses you have visited. Do you think campus visits are important for making your application choice?
- Evaluate and compare the political system of the USA and any other country of your choice. Which one do you believe to be more effective?
- Evaluate the real estate market in your city. How does it compare to other areas?
- Evaluate a place of sports in your life. Does it promote socialization?
- Evaluate your relationship with your extended family. Do you believe it's vital to maintain kinship ties beyond one's nuclear family?
- Is it better to be a single child or have siblings? Evaluate your experience growing up to back up your argument.
- Evaluate a practice or feature adopted by your culture from another ethnic group. Would you consider it an appropriation, cultural exchange, or assimilation? Why?
Business and Management Topics for Evaluation Essays
With subject matter this vast, the proposed topics for evaluation essay range from a business analysis for top executives to a personal experience with a brand as a customer. The latter is a great opportunity to analyze your relationship with the products and services you consume and become more conscious of your choices.
- Evaluate Barclays brand positioning
- Ethical issues in performance evaluation
- Business opportunity evaluation
- Processes and evaluations in employment relations
- Evaluation of Barnes and Noble
- Employee performance evaluation
- Annual performance evaluation
- Comparison and evaluation of business models (CQout and Amazon)
- Abercrombie & Fitch marketing strategy evaluation
- Dior brand analysis and evaluation
- Evaluate a local business (marketing, customer experience, payment, delivery, etc.)
- Evaluate a brand of food concentrates and its marketing strategy
- Evaluate a new business idea
- Evaluate a motivation system in your company
- Evaluate market opportunities for a new product
- Evaluate different fundraising strategies for a startup
- Evaluate a rebranding/pivoting that a known brand has performed
Evaluation Essay Ideas on Art and Culture
Art and culture are among the most popular essay topics. They are very accessible and usually elicit a strong emotional response from people. As such, you may consider them to be relatively easy evaluation essay topics. However, don't forget that for a good evaluation, you should maintain impartiality and present both strengths and weaknesses of the artifact you are analyzing.
- Evaluate a heritage fashion project
- Evaluate a classical music concert
- Evaluate a concert of your school performers
- Evaluate a movie adaptation of a classic book
- Evaluate a charity project
- Evaluate a movie based on actual events
- Evaluate a famous song and its cultural significance
- Evaluate a music creator and its influence on the industry
- Evaluate a style of music as a cultural phenomenon
- Evaluate and critique "The Complete Green Letters" by Miles J. Stanford
- A Television Show Evaluation
- Evaluate a documentary on environmental issues
- Evaluate a war memorial
- Evaluate a local museum
- Evaluate a book that was banned at any point in history
- Evaluate modern art exhibition you have attended
- Evaluate a VR tour or other distance experience by an art gallery, museum, or cultural center
Society and Politics Essay Evaluation Topics
The best practice for any subject area is to complete your evaluation essay topics with criteria for the analysis. However, it is absolutely vital for serious matters such as policymaking, government, social issues, and public service. The scope of these issues presents another challenge. Therefore, to make a paper manageable and reduce the time you will need for research, establish several points of interest that you would focus on within the topic. Only then, start looking for the supporting evidence to ground your point of view.
- Evaluation of policymaking process in the United States
- Evaluation of "Freedom From Fear" campaign against domestic violence
- Process evaluations vs. outcome evaluations
- Ethical, legal, and social issues in employee evaluation
- The Australian AIDS programs in Papua New Guinea
- Exclusionary rule evaluation
- Evaluation essay on Jimmy Carter speech "Energy and the National Goals" delivered July 15, 1979
- Evaluating the two models for less developed countries
- Critical evaluation of an article "A Nation In Need of Vacation"
- Evaluation of the article "Taking Preferences Seriously: A Liberal Theory of International Politics" by Andrew Moravcsik
- Evaluate multiculturalism as a social policy: what are their benefits and risks?
- Westernization as a cultural and political phenomenon
- Evaluate a local non-profit organization
- Evaluate local news outlet
- Evaluate the civil service system in your area
- Evaluate a social awareness campaign that targeted your demographic. Was it successful, in your opinion?
- Evaluate how environmental issues are addressed on a local level in your area
Technology Evaluation Paper Ideas
The last example of evaluation essay topics on this list is dedicated to such a ubiquitous thing as technology. We have striven to cover a wide range of competency levels – from a layman user to a data architect.
- Evaluation of a website using Nielsen's Heuristics
- Evaluating information systems within Fastrek Plc
- Assessment of local estate agent management system
- Space research in the United States of America in the 1960s
- Evaluation of laptops vs. desktop computers
- Critical evaluation essay: on technology, language, and writing
- Evaluation of consumer electronics
- Usability testing, field studies, and analytical evaluation of a tech product
- Evaluate ethical issues in technology
- Evaluate your current laptop or computer
- Evaluate a social media platform of your choice (UX, attractive features, issues, etc.)
- Evaluate and compare two video games of the same genre
- Evaluate a word processor of your choice
- Evaluate a code created by your classmate or colleague
- Evaluate a graphic editor tool
- Evaluate a collaboration tool you and your classmates have been using
- Evaluate a videoconference software
If the topic you find attractive isn't attached to a sample, don't get upset. We have plenty more free essays on any of the issues presented above and more. Look up the subjects in our catalog or search the topics by keywords – and don't forget that you can order your unique personalized sample from our expert writers. We also encourage you to check out our library of free resources, writing tools, guides, tips, and student news. Stay informed and love writing!