Free Spelling and Grammar Check for Students
When we write about important things, we want all the attention focused on what we have to say, not some annoying mistakes and typos. That is why we sometimes spend more time checking urgent emails, business papers, and college assignments than it took us to write them.
Of course, you can always check your grammar in a word processor or even online as you type, thanks to browser plugins and smart keyboard apps. However, those tools are usually very basic and can only help you with spelling.
For your college papers, you need a proper holistic tool with advanced functionality that tackles grammar, punctuation, and formatting. Those exist in abundance as well, but being made for professional use, they tend to be quite pricey and subscription-based. Not many students can afford to add this toll to their monthly budget.
We are happy to introduce our free grammar check website page – here you can proofread and edit your papers in minutes!
How Can I Do a Quick Essay Grammar Check?
On this page, you will find a perfect grammar checker for essays and other college papers. It is thorough, quick, and easy to use. This tool detects spelling mistakes, grammar inconsistencies, and questionable punctuation – all in mere seconds. Here is how to check your text:
- Type or paste your text in the checker window.
- Hit the “Check Text” button.
- Your text is now checked and the words with possible issues are highlighted.
- Click on highlighted words to see suggested replacements.
- Choose the fitting replacement and proceed to another highlighted word.
- Highlights are color-coded for your convenience, so you can assess which issues are the most numerous.
- Scholarly articles and college papers often include specialized terminology that isn’t included in common dictionaries. If you are sure that the word in your paper is spelled correctly, but the checker does not recognize it and keeps highlighting it, you have two options:
- Ignore this word. If you choose this option, the word will be ignored for the rest of the text and won’t hinder your check. It’s the quickest way. Choose the “ignore” option if the paper on this topic is one-off and you are unlikely to use this word again.
- Suggest word for dictionary. If you choose this option, the word will be considered for inclusion in a dictionary used as a reference by this tool. This option fits best if you are planning to use our checker for other papers that will include the word in question. For example, you are a linguist majoring in Phonetics and the word is “monophthongization” or “conlang”.
- When you are done checking your text, simply copy it from the window and paste into the word processor, email, online form, or wherever you need your perfectly correct text to be.
- If you need to check another text, just refresh the page and repeat all the steps.
You can run as many checks as you need. We have no daily, weekly, or any other kind of limits. Enjoy your free essay grammar check 24/7!
Can I Check My Grammar in Long Papers With This Tool?
Due to technical limitations, this paper grammar check tool can only process 20,000 characters at once. That is approximately 3,000 words in an English text, which is the length of a typical research paper.
This capacity will allow you to check the vast majority of college assignments in one go. However, if your paper is longer than that, just break it into smaller chunks and check them one after another – we have no limits on the number of sessions or cumulative volume of the grammar checks you do. You can always do it for free.
How do you know if you need to break your text? Word processors usually display the total number of words at the bottom of the document.
For example, I need to check my paper for grammar and spelling mistakes but I am not sure whether I can run the text through the checker all at once. I just open my paper in MS Word and look at the left bottom corner of the window. It’s slightly higher than 3,000 words, say it’s 3,164. By clicking on this number, I open a small “Statistics” window that shows, among other information, the exact number of characters in the document, and see that my text has 19,961 characters (with spaces). This is still below 20,000, therefore, I don’t have to split my text and can run it through the checker all at once.
Free Grammar and Punctuation Checker for Students in Need
This tool is absolutely free and it always will be – that’s our promise. All you need to access it and run a full grammar and punctuation check on your paper is to be online.
Save yourself hours of time and rest assured that your papers are grammatically correct, impeccably spelled, and are free of embarrassing typos.
No English Grammar Checker Can Beat Careful Editing by a Human
Our tool is not the only one out there. Everyone has their favorites and their own answers to “what is the best free grammar checker” question. However, one thing is indisputable. No automated tool can ever replace a competent human editor with their sense of style, feel of context, eye for nuance, humor to appreciate puns, and esthetic taste for alliteration.
If you need to proofread a complex and important paper, such as a personal statement for college admission or a graduation capstone project, you can rely on our essay writing service. We employ brilliant specialists who have years of experience in writing, editing, and grading academic texts. Just fill out the order form or contact our support team and we will assign you the best writer for the task.