Free Speaking Time Calculator – Convert Words to Minutes Instantly
Along with a strong message and clarity, brevity is one of the crucial features that make a great speech. Make it too long – and you'll lose the audience's attention. While formal speeches by public figures on significant occasions may clock in at as much as 40 minutes, for high school, college, or university presentations, 3 to 10 minutes is a typical length. When you need to estimate the duration of the speech and convert words to minutes – that's when the WowEssays' speech time calculator will come in really handy! This convenient free online tool will let you modify your writing to fit the set time frames, hence helping to make your presentation concise and cut away all the bloat.
How to Use Our Words to Speech Time Calculator
The WowEssays' word-to-minutes converter is a simple yet robust online utility that comes with several essential features.
- Like other writing assistance tools on our website, it is absolutely free.
- Unlike some other converters, it is minimalistic and doesn't have unnecessary functions.
- It can be adjusted to different speaking styles thanks to variable talking speed presets.
- It returns the result instantly – you don't even need to press a separate button.
- Finally, it is safe: unlike many other converters, we don't expect you to enter the speech text and worry that it will be saved for unknown purposes.
All in all, using the WowEssays' word-to-minutes calculator to precisely estimate the speech length is as straightforward as one can only imagine! So, if you're trying to figure out how long will my speech be, just do this:
- Find out the number of words in your speech. You can do that in any text processor.
- Enter the count into the "Number of words" field. You will instantly see the estimated duration below.
- If needed, adjust the speaking speed in the "Words per minute" drop-down menu (slow – 100 wpm; average – 130 wpm; fast – 160 wpm) – the estimation will change automatically.
For example, with the help of our converter, you'll see that a 500-word speech, delivered slowly, will take approximately 5 minutes; with average speed, it will take slightly less than 4 minutes; and if you speak fast, you should be able to fit in just over 3 minutes. How long is a 1000-word speech – the most common size in colleges? On average, that would be almost 8 minutes.
What Else You Should Know About Converting Word Count to Minutes
When using any text-to-speech time calculator, you must also consider that the actual presentation length, apart from the word count and speaking speed, will also depend on a number of other factors, namely:
- The complexity of the subject and respective vocabulary.
- Logical pauses and accents to emphasize certain points.
- Turning numbers and dates into words.
- Time to connect with the audience.
- Speaker's stress level.
For these reasons are out of any essay writing service control, the WowEssays' free word to minutes online converter doesn't include them in calculations. Even so, you can benefit big time thanks to using this tool. For instance, save plenty of time relieving you of the necessity to read your presentation aloud while clocking it. Even if there's no limit on the presentation size or time you can spend preparing it, you can use the converter to find the best-suited rhythm to deliver your message in the most impressive and convincing manner.
What WowEssays Can Offer Beyond Words to Time Calculator
The assistance you can get at WowEssays.com when working on your presentation is by no means limited to the words-to-minutes converter or other free writing tools. Actually, our experts can help you craft an appealing speech from scratch or edit your own piece implementing the best writing practices. Be it a short, 300-word address or extended rhetoric for 3000 words, we will deliver the text right when you need it at a really affordable price (with the duration estimated via the speech or essay time calculator included upon your request).
So, put aside the timer you've prepared to clock your yet unwritten speech and place a quick online order with WowEssays to get a remarkable presentation that will move the audience's hearts and talk sense!