Questions administered to the Spencer family in whole family assessment
- How does the family manage to control health related issues and as such as does the family have a tradition of taking medication wholly after prescription?
- Which measures does the family put in place to improve their overall health such as avoiding unhealthy foods as a family or discouraging smoking in the family members or around the family living spaces.
Nutrition and Metabolism
- How often does the family have meal, and is the fluid intake of all the family members normal?
- Is there any member of the family who is suffering from oral cavity infection
- How often does the family experience a member complain of bowel movement problems such as incontinence and diarrhea?
- Is there a member of the family who suffers from excretory system problems such as incontinence?
Activity and Exercise
- How able is each member able to handle their own activities of daily living?
- Does the family involve in any kind of exercises either as a family or as individuals?
Cognition and Perception
- Is there a family member with a special sensory impairment or a common sensory function malfunction?
- How apt are each of the family members at making appropriate decisions in varying circumstances?
Sleep and Rest
- What are the sleep patterns of each individual in the family?
- What is the perception on the quality of sleep each family member receives?
- How tired or otherwise does each member of the family experience after a day’s activities?
Self-Perception and Self-Concept
- Are there issues in family regarding control either controlling individuals or individuals who loathe authority?
- What fears does each of the family members experience?
Roles and Relationships
- How effective is communication in the household?
- What are the responsibilities of each individual in the family, and how does the role each individual seem to cause them harm or progress in their health
Sexuality and Reproduction
- How satisfied are the pre adult and the adult members of the family satisfied with their sexuality?
- Are their previously experienced reproductive problems in the family members?
Coping and Stress Tolerance
- What are the practices employed by the family as individuals and collectively to cope with stress?
- What is the support system available to each of the family members in case of occurrence of stress?
Values and Belief
- What are the individual goals and the goals of the family that motivate them in life?
- Are there any conflicts in the family goals and any individual goals?