The mission of the United States police force on terrorism and threats from countries in the Middle East such as Afghanistan is to foster peaceful coexistence within states and other nations. Their involvement in the provision of humanitarian support to the civilians in Libya during the military crackdown in 2011for instance was contributed to by the foreign policies that arose after the Second World War (Beasley, 2013).
There are international incidences that have involved operation of the United States police force in the past five years include:
- Provision of humanitarian support to the Libyan civilians during a military crackdown in response to the uprising curfew in Gadhafi’s reign.
- The war and threats against nuclear terrorism in Afghanistan and Middle East countries that were targeted to be a victory to the United States were influenced by the foreign policy that America was to uphold their reputation globally.
- Restoration of peace in Egypt after a two year period of political unrest.
These operations to restore peace were resolved when the mission and objective were achieved and the United States had brought to hostage the individuals responsible for the acts against humanitarian standards of living (Beasley, 2013). This was majorly contributed to by the States reputation and certain factors that have always ensured it is the world super power policemen from its history. These factors included the following:
- United States changed their perspective from analyzing the world from an ideological point of view to being realistic. This mainly heralds the shift to realism from liberalism propelling the United States to be the world super power (Berkin et al. 2013).
- The United States shift from artisan to industrialization that eventually leads to the rise of cities and technology. The revenue was invested into weaponry and the U.S army making them stronger (Beasley, 2013).
- The U.S victory in fighting the Spanish and the Philippines also made other states fear them. This made their army be recognized as one of the most organized there hence becoming supper powers (Berkin et al. 2013).
- The culmination of a neo-conservatism system of administration from a neorealist.
- The United States prosperity and excellence in business and a stable source of revenue gathered from the sale of cotton by the government allowed for adequate allocation of funds to the security forces.
The United States has always taken up the policing role on different platforms globally. This mission has always been either for saving civilians from brutal actions of the warring parties or settling unrest that have emerged and have got a great impact on the world’s economy (Beasley, 2013). Some of the recent incidences include the following:
- Provision of humanitarian support to the civilians of Libya during the Ousting of Gadhafi.
- Fighting terrorism in Afghanistan.
- Managing threats by the Iran government on nuclear program.
- Restoring peace to Egypt after a long period of political unrest.
The missions and incidents listed above were fueled by different international forces. These forces had a lot of interest on the parties that were involved or the regions that would suffer from the resultant effects either directly or indirectly (Berkin et al 2013). These forces included the following:
- Restoring peace in Egypt by the United States was fueled by the fact that United States of America has had a long period in history of diplomatic collaboration and consultancy alongside monitoring the progress of Egypt in development. Therefore, they expected to witness peaceful election in Egypt.
- United States has always regarded the Iran government of funding terrorism internationally and hosting very radical Muslims who are suspected to be the major organizers of terrorism in the world. The Iran government has no value of the humanitarian nature alongside hosting of terrorist. The two aspects fueled the United States to create an overhaul on the nuclear program in Iran and sign a treaty (Berkin et al 2013).
- The humanitarian support offered by the United States to the Libyan was fueled by the value of human life and a long lasting unrest within the nation.
- Afghanistan has been on the spotlight of being the world’s leading in terrorism attack. This war propelled the United States to crack down the Afghanistan security forces and bring the state under their rule.
In this context, foreign policy would refer to the responsibilities taken by the government of the United States of America in ensuring its States uphold national security and competency in its economy in a peaceful atmosphere free from terrorism and attacks. The foreign policy that took effect after the World War II have contributed significantly towards peace making and solving of some of the most haphazard programs undertaken by certain governments or states (Beasley, 2013). The war between the United States police force on terrorism and threats from countries in the Middle East like Afghanistan has increased their involvement in provision of humanitarian support to the civilians in Libya during the military crackdown in 2011. This was contributed to by the foreign policies that were signed after the civil war (Schmidt, Shelley & Bardes, 2009).
The first policy ever made by the United States was during the time of John Adam, who campaigned for free and fair market trade that would be independent of political influence after he was guided by the Continental Congress. Later, in the 1778 an alliance was signed between the Northern American and France when the quest for an end to terrorism was causing more pressure than previously imagined. (Schmidt, Shelley & Bardes, 2009). During this tenure, the United States had not become superior in international operations.
However, the civilians who included the farmers had lead in against revolution the British authoritative rule and unanimously opposed any collision with the European forces and leaders. They were the then superpowers and had been warring for over one hundred years. The United States president by then directed the government when he retired from office not to venture into any agreement with the Europeans (Schmidt, Shelley & Bardes, 2009). The United States later in the 1800 made some decisions after the congress mandated their army. This was aimed to resolve the dispute that existed between the British rule and the United States government which failed to take effect (Berkin et al. 2013).This was evidenced when these countries waged war against each other in 1812 after sailors from America were captured by the British forces.
The interest of the American government and the policy of protecting its citizens that ware crafted are the basis of all the operation it has carried out in the recent past. The suppression of the nuclear program by the United States agencies that were almost on operation under the Iranian government was a big blow to Iran (Berkin et al. 2013). This was done by the United States at the best of their interest in protecting the innocent internationalist who the Iran government could have targeted. Iran was a hot spot of terrorism, and its government agencies have been accused on several occasions for funding such in humanitarian operations (Schmidt, Shelley & Bardes, 2009).
Ousting president Gadhafi and family was another incidence where the United States demonstrated their patriotism in defending its citizen across the globe. President Gadhafi’s reign was much authoritative and oppressive. Huge number of civilians was manslaughter was witnessed when the president and his alliance that included its militia cracked down upon the rioting civilians, burnt homes and terrorized all the Embassy offices in its capital (Schmidt, Shelley & Bardes, 2009). The super world policemen of the United States together with other organization such as the NATO teamed up to uphold the foreign policy made after the world war II. This was to maintain international peace and protect the rights of all individuals at all time (Berkin et al. 2013).
Reinstatement of the Egyptian administration after more than two years of warring is another act of the United States of America that can be traced back to the foreign policy (Berkin et al 2013). However, the cordial relationship that has always existed between the Egyptian government and the United States also facilitated this humanitarian act of intervention (Beasley, 2013). Egypt also supports the United States military project. The foreign aids that were facilitated by the United States saved the situation, and Egypt is in the process of regaining its political stability (Schmidt, Shelley & Bardes, 2009).
The rise of the United States of America as the world superpower has been enhanced by several factors over the past. This position has enabled its government to venture into very expensive and costly missions with the major aim of maintaining the foreign policy (Schmidt, Shelley & Bardes, 2009). The war between the United States in the Western hemisphere brought the Americans victory when they managed to capture most of the states in these regions allowing the U.S a chance to expand its territories. Some of these states were the Philippines, Puerto Rico amongst others (Berkin et al. 2013). This was one of the first aspects that escalated the American forces and the government to be the world superpowers.
The second aspect that has made the United States be regarded as the world superpower is the shift from artisan to industrialization which eventually leads to the rise of cities and technology. The revenue was invested into weaponry and the U.S army and policy making them stronger (Beasley, 2013). The previous revolutionary that the farmers demonstrated against the rule by the British also facilitated this aspect of rising to be the world superpowers. The initially created military force of 840 men was expanded and equipped with proper training and weaponry (Beasley, 2013).
The vast economy of the United State and the huge population that were rapidly growing also contributed to the rise of the United States to be the world super powers. Its political system was very stable and was characterized by major administrative transformation till recently when President Barack Obama took over power (Berkin et al. 2013). The third aspect was the United States change on their perspective from analyzing the world from an ideological point of view to being realistic. This mainly heralds the shift to realism from liberalism propelling the United States to be the world super power. The fourth aspect that has contributed to this rise in power was the culmination of a neo-conservatism system of administration from a neorealist (Berkin et al. 2013).
United States of America has taken it upon itself to demonstrate policing role under different incidences in different parts of the world. It has upheld the foreign policy since the World War II in protecting its citizen and maintaining international peace (Berkin et al. 2013).This has been witnessed across the globe when the U.S. steps in to restore peace with the help of other foreign aid groups such as the United Nations and the NATO. Fighting of terrorism in Afghanistan and the capture of the most wanted world suicide bomber Osama bin Laden in the resent past demonstrated their policing role (Schmidt, Shelley & Bardes, 2009).
Other international policy role by the United States involved the restoration of Egypt to its initial peaceful state (Beasley, 2013). The Unite State was able to manage the threats by the Iranian government on nuclear program which would be a global disaster when implemented by this government. The policy system was also demonstrated when they cracked down the Libyan military and ousted Gadhafi out of power (Berkin et al. 2013).
Beasley, R. K. (2013). Foreign policy in comparative perspective: Domestic and international influences on state behavior. Thousand Oaks, Calif: CQ Press.
Berkin, Carol, Miller, Christopher, Cherny, Robert, Gormly, James, & Egerton, Douglas. (2013). Making America: Since 1865. Wadsworth Pub Co.
Schmidt, S. W., Shelley, M. C., & Bardes, B. A. (2009). American government and politics today, 2009-2010 edition. Australia: Wadsworth Cengage Learning.