- Paragraph one, sentence three – the author uses description well; he allows the reader to visualize vividly how the boy comes into a room when he is late. The reader can see the door pushed open and swinging back with so much force it slams on the wall, rattles the glassware and frightens the cat to run for safety. Paragraph –five explains what the sixties were like; it was a colorful time when extremely bold colors, if worn now would be grounds for rediclude, were acceptable. One dressing with such boldness was thought of as being chic.
- In the sixties, certain behavior went with the fashion and in paragraph nobody would blink or laugh if one shows up looking like a Riverboat Gambler, a Spanish Peasant, or a Rodeo King because those were hot trend of the sixties; even though Military Surplus was the “basic style.”
- “You squirrel away old stuff on the principle of its being useful and interesting someday; it’s wonderful when the day finally arrives.”
- The intended audience is early adolescence and early twenties, only that group of people would find the sixties fascinating.
- “I squirrelled.away,” is a metaphor that shows that the author packs away stuff the way a squirrel packs away food for winter. “I was ready to step out and be somebody.” Is an idiom. The author is already somebody; he means that he stepped out to be one of the fashionable people of the sixties.
- The sky was clear; there was not a cloud in the sky. There was a wind so slight not even paper was blown around. Everyone came out to check on his or her neighbor. People stood around in groups talking and relating their experiences. Some people were even trying to fix their roves while others were assessing their damage. In fifty-five years, this is the first time we have witnessed a hurricane. Out of nowhere the wind picked up speed and despite the fact that no trains passes through the village, it was the sound of a freight train and the ground began to shake. Everyone sought shelter wherever he or she could; trees were rooting up, light poles were falling whole roves were flying, rain fell in great big drops like Negara Falls, people looked at each other speechless, while other grabbed their hearts. We thought the hurricane had passed but we were only standing in the eye.
- Elementary school is where children form opinions about school and home work should be a review of the day’s lesson; it should not be long and tedious, if teachers keep these in mind, homework is elementary school is a good idea.
- Society should not dictate what happens to someone’s body, however people who do drugs for recreation at some point become the ward of society, therefore, marijuana should not be legalized.
- In some subjects America might not be in the high-test percentile, it still has one of the best educational systems; if a student need more education after the twelfth grade, there are vocational schools, colleges, and universities where they can obtain post-secondary education; consequently there is no need for an extra year of high school.
- All day kindergarten for four year old is a little extreme; skills, despite the fact that some four year olds are very smart, such a child can be given work according to his ability but all day kindergarten is too much for four year olds.
- Hockey is a contact sport, and people who would like body contact to be delayed until sixteen should not play the sport, or should wait until they are sixteen to play the sport.
Sorry I did all the questions and could not get four pages.