- Museum or Gallery:
- Exhibit Title: Open Water And Too Much Information
- The items on display are quite several. They range from drawings, to paintings and photographs and the arrangement is quite formal
- There is no single theme in seen in the display. This is so because all the artists who have put their pieces on display have different themes to these pieces. The pieces draw from their distinct inspiration which dates to different time periods in history. Different time frames have therefore been captured making it difficult to say that there is a single theme.
- Open Water By Keith Fansworth, 2013 And Too Much Information by Len Davis, 2011. These two pieces have their distinct themes which speak much about their intended purpose. Open Water could be representing the numerous opportunities that life can present o a person because an open mass of water is endless. Too much information on the other hand could mean the various issues and things that people have to deal with in their everyday life.
- There is a piece that I do not like and it is Luncheon on the Grass my Eduardo Manet. The piece shows the nudity of a women when all the men in the painting are covered up. This is degrading the women of the time it was made and even now.
- Artists find themselves borrowing much from other others who did great work in the past. One such artist who inspires many is Eduardo Manet who encourages the use of freedom of expression regardless of what other people think.
Art is used as a way of expression. Artists bring out their own thoughts in an artistic way that in many cases has a hidden meaning that readers are supposed to make out on their own. It is therefore used as a means of communicating what someone wants aside from educating and entertaining. While in museum galleries, many people who come to see them in many cases need to be helped by museum workers to understand their origins as well as the artists behind them.
Most of the museum workers know so much about these pieces and therefore come in handy in helping visitors understand them. This is what makes museums a very important part of our society because they tell stories, past and present that no other person or medium can tell.
Good Museum Visit Form Essay Example
- Museum or Gallery:
Cite this page