The purchasing function in any organization is a crucial pillar in the overall success of the organization. This factors affecting industrial purchasing will be investigated in this proposal. The forces in play in the modern business environment demand that the firm has sound purchase policies in order to meet both regulatory and competition forces that guide their businesses. In the proposal, effort is made on expounding the various arms that guide effective industrial purchases organs within the organization such as the relationships with the industrial markets considered in setting up a procurement function in an organization within a company. The various canons of marketing and the criteria for the evaluation of suppliers: The general overview of the home organization and its unique purchasing needs and analysis of the procurement policy held by the organization and a review of the selection criterion for the selection of suppliers concerning the organization are reviewed.
- Evaluates the industrial markets with a specific interest in the industrial buying processes and the process of organizing a procurement function within a company
- will consider the theoretical aspects of marketing and procurement with emphasis on the selection and evaluation of suppliers
- This section will concern itself with the general features of the organization, specifically Crowe metal company
- Analysis of the current procurement policies and the criteria used in the selection of potential suppliers, and the additional features that would make the procurement function the company.
The first, third and fourth parts of the thesis will employ both the qualitative and quantitative literature review methodology. This will include the rigorous evaluation of the procurement records of other firms in the same industry noting the competencies of the models they apply and their suitability for application to Crowe metal company.
Concerning the second aspect concerning the theoretical aspects influencing marketing and procurement, the methodology applied here will mainly be Macroeconomic theory on marketing and purchase and how its application or failure thereof, affects the procurement function of Crowe metal company.
- Theoretical background and a review of procurement function, literature and the forces that guide markets of firms procuring materials for use in the production of other goods such as competition, availability and financing.
- The various canons guiding proper procurement procedure and the institutions that need be established in avoiding improper procurement practices
- The unique situation of Crowe Metals Company, the strengths weaknesses that need be addressed in making it achieve an enabling environment for a proper and efficient procurement function.
- The existing framework in Crowe metal company for procurement concerning policy and criteria employed in selection of suppliers such as the bidding process, the requirements for eligibility as a supplier to Crowe.
3 Gamechangers To Shake Up 2014 Metals Markets: Part I [Rio Tinto plc (ADR)] - Seeking Alpha. (n.d.). Retrieved from http://seekingalpha.com/article/1745282-3-gamechangers-to-shake-up-2014-metals-markets-part-i
Projects — crowe. (n.d.). Retrieved from http://crowemetalco.com/index/