- Henry Jenkins;
- The tone and justifications presented by Jankins in his article are comprehensive and concise. The concrete evidence and strengthened tone allows no space for disagreement. The example of media is the most obvious an intrusion in our daily life
- In his attempt to establish the truth with daily life examples, he supported his argument with the use of video games that contains violence acts for youngsters. His raised concern that intense focus and inspiration of the audience does not allow the pupil to distinguish between actions to be adapted in routine life and the elements that are particularly fictional.
- At the same time, Jenkins supported his argument with some famous movies, these include Indiana Jones and Saw that have the potential to evoke precarious instincts in the audience and could lead to unnecessary dodge in society. I can also relate the fact with the character of Hannah Montannah that casted deep impacts on young girls.
- Jenkins also emphasised on the intense nature of the impact that is casted with these digital sources in the shape of movies and video games. He sternly apprehends that no place is free from the impact of these elements. Hence, a well referenced production of Jenkin can be considered an awakening piece of literature to preview the perils of the advancement cast in modern day society.
- Jerkins have illustrated the transformation of society held under the influence of media. The appearance and acts of the young generation are mostly inspired by the characters of media. Therefore, highlighted factors should be controlled in the light of potential perils depicted in the referred article by Henry Jenkins.
- Peter Gobbins;
The End of Admiration:The Media and The Loss of Heroes
- . The author has provided mature analysis on the development of the image of heroes in the mind of young generation. The series of contrast is quiet effective, yet I feel arguing on his comment of people not visiting museums but theatres. In fact, it is the altered choices of a generation. Hence, efforts should be drawn to bring in required changes in addressing the concerns with choices of the modern era.
- The efforts of self imposing act of journalist to seek the status of celebrity. The act is obvious in the journalists of commentary shows over renown channels. The anchors are often witnessed to twist the content and align with their prophecies.
- He proffered the fact that modern day journalism rotates around the celebrities and cynics as the 'hot' pubic figure. In their efforts to cover the movements of these individuals, they provide such a hype with the decorum and grandeur that the image of heroes in the mind of the young generation is completely altered. The author ponders over the falsity of shallower figures depicted in the media that vanquished the real heroes behind and left the image of revised historical personalities of the name of historical heroes that are more the invention of the mind rather than actual figures of history.
- Meanwhile, in the presentation of these historical heroes in media, shallow efforts are invested to depict the massive decisions and stances of the heroes that they upheld through their lives. Hence, a faulty depiction with simulated events only spoils the image of these historic figures in the mind of the young generation, completely omitting the admiring features of each figure.
- Mark Krikorian
The Perpetual Border Battle
- article titled The Perpetual Border Battle by the author Mark Krikorian that presents an analysis of the border's situation. The writer has elaborated over the thinking of mass that affirms the control on cross border relation. The reason behind the illustration are mentioned here under;
- The absence of sensible policy
- The absence of effective enforcement policy sticks.
- The absence of any progress to craft a sensible policy.
- However, a complete review of the state has presented some other conclusion to the writer, which he has tried to present in his writing with substantial evidences. The emphasis on delicate subjects like illegal immigration and border situation is being led by the writer with a comprehensive detail of relative policy and regulatory details. Krikorian has pondered over the subject by illustrating that even though the illegal migration and the economic slump is apparently improved, yet this could be a pause to an aggressive state.
- A slow progression over the achievement of a concise immigration policy is viewed as the core factor other than inefficient monitoring and evaluation measures. The readings from the findings of The three main sources of estimates—the Department of Homeland Security, the Pew Hispanic Center and the Center for Immigration Studies are presented as evidence that proved the fact of the static state of illegal immigration in 2007 with a rising trend in the year 2009.
- Krikorian has also presented argument over the political importance for the vagueness of the immigration law enforcement. However, the need for effective measures to secure boundaries from the invasion of foreign agencies and political bodies are emphasised by Karikorian that should be held above personal benefits by the political entities.
- Frisby, Cynthia M.
Getting real with Reality TV.
- The writing of Frisby, Cynthia M. By the title 'Getting Real with Reality TV shows' determine the influence of reality shows over the self - esteem of an individual. The focus on the same is rendered keeping in view the ethnic of African American women. The reasons of the intense inspiration of these reality shows is being dug by the writer in a comprehensive and concise manner.
- The regular discussion on the character and events of such shows are catered in real life discussion to a great extent that makes an individual feel detached if one is not watching the series.
- Meanwhile, the regular timing and constant promotions of these shows makes one addicted to the schedule. Even though, the audience is much aware of the fact that these reality shows are hardly real. The series of such shows makes them realize that there are even worse situation then faced by them. At the same time, the similarity of objectives in terms of money, love and complications further raise the concern of the audience and cultivate a state of media gratitude because of the support they receive in terms of ideas and way outs.
- Precisely, irrelevant to the content of media the impact of reality shows is massive, as it inhibits an individual morale to compare, conceptualize and gratify their state with what is depicted in the reality shows in modern media. Hence, it could be claimed that the content of modern media flatters the assumptions of the audience up to the mark that it distracts them from the compressions of everyday life.
- Kevin Fagan,
Homeless, Mike Dick was 51, looked 66
- The presented article of Kevin Fagan, titled as ' Homeless, Mike Dick was 51, looked 66' is an attempt of the writer to portray the facts of the life of the homeless. The tone of the article from the very beginning is depressive, illustrating the appearance of a homeless person (as is evident in the title of the article). The image of the life of homeless is depicted with the illustration of the story of a homeless individual. The rhetorical impact of depicting a single character subsides the influence of article as an issue of individual rather than of mass.
- The depiction is done in a comprehensive manner with a sensible approach to develop a purpose built imagery. The article on one side makes one feel grateful for the abundance of choice one have in life, the food, the basic rights to love and be loved and the right to own a family. On the other hand, the deprived state of homeless individuals reflects strong feeling of depression due to the devastated nature of people living on the street with no choices.
- The misery of such homeless people with no motivation and morale is eye opening and makes one realize the true sense of hopelessness. The complete life history of Mike; the central role, is presented as a living example on the same.
- In short, the purpose of the author behind this writing is to raise the concern of people for theses homeless individuals who spent their complete life in bewilderment. Hen suggest a shelter solution to support and coach the life of such entitues. Therefore, it is the emotional, economical and ethical responsibility of the nation to secure such lives from being wasted on roads.
- Howard Moody
"Sacred rite or civil right?"by
- Moody has depicted a subtle difference between the state definition of marriage and that of the Church. The most an obvious point of differentiation is that of same sex marriage. I strongly agree with the author on grounds of concrete evidence used by Moody to support his argument.
- He illustrated his point with reference to holy scripts to which he narrated vague depiction based on 'era' or 'age' only. He further manifested his opinion that the finding of holy scriptures concluded by an individual can be completed distinctly to another individual. Hence, the delicate line drew in between religion and tradition marks a horizon of disparity between what is created by the Lord and the other that is created / interpreted by the human kind.
- In a way, Moody convince the reader with an illustration of the very feature of human kind that grasp the surrounding according to his / her perception. Thus, coming to the point it can be illustrated that the difference between traditional marriage and that of the church as depicted in the writing of Moody is that the traditional marriages are interwoven with practice. However, the marriage of the Church is more based on the laws interpreted from religious scripture. However, the Daring details presented with the discussion of controversial topics as the power and impact of religion, human waywardness and same sex marriages are the features of the article that confuse the reader, when pondered deep. The author has himself evaluated some of the intersections of civil rights in relation to the Church with the reference of some historical diversity. The most obvious a distinction at marked by Moody is the grant of same sex marriage in the civil rights.
- Marriage in my perception is to find solace in life with a companion.
- Judy Blume
"Censorship: a personal view"
- Judy Blume has presented the various concepts of the element of censorship in his writing. She supported her argument with the statements of her pro censorship advocates and his readings of lines of judgement in the children's book. Blume in her writing gave an altered dimension to the definition of censorship by stating that the definition of censorship cannot be imposed with the same feature on every dwelling. I will define censorship as the hidden truth that should be conceived by the target only.
- She throws light from the experiences of her own life as a mother, author and lady in collision with National Coalition against censorship. Blume highlit the various objections by individuals who protested against content for being censored collated. The concerns raised by each individual was distant. Hence, it apprehended the fact that censorship is viewed from different dimensions by each individual or in other words, the definition of censorship varies from person to person.
- I agree to the point made by Blume as well. In my personal opinion, the narration is obvious in our day to day life. The content on puberty or child abuse is considered by numerous parent pertaining to the fact that they felt afraid to discuss some realities with their children or they consider it ethical to teach such stuff to their children. In countries where the negative impacts of unawareness are evident on the parents, the guardian / parent themselves teach the rules and prevention to the children. Precisely, I believe that censorship is greatly bound with acceptability of an individual apart from the ethical standards.
- The content that is below ethics will also not fall under the definition of material to be censored if it intends to evoke vigilance or awareness in an individual. However, the content provoking negative emotions or aggression should be prohibited by the reader.
- The daring nature and blunt content of Blume books with out any segregation of audience seems to raise the concerns of censorship bodies.