Information and Communication Technology, ICT, has made significant gains in the recent years. Many businesses and organizations have employed the use of technology to pursue their goals. The results have always been positive, leading to massive financial gains for the various firms. Whereas Institutions of higher learning have embraced technology the reverse is true for institutions in the middle, and lower levels. These institutions still rely on old, outdated systems, to run their activities; hence, they lose a lot in terms of time, money, and access to knowledge. This blog addresses some of the reasons why academic institutions should hasten their efforts to ensure that they catch up with other institutions.
Reasons Why Middle and Low Level Institutions Should Embrace ICT
1. It provides an alternative teaching tool
2. It enables students to access information from wherever they are; hence making it easier to study than under normal circumstances.
3. It eliminates the need for physical books and stationary. This makes education cheaper, and also conserves the surroundings by dipping the number of trees cut for purposes of paper production.
4. ICT eliminates the need for classrooms, thus making it possible for students to attend lessons simultaneously from any location in the world.
5. ICT brings on board a variety of resources such as academic databases and the internet that provide vast information on different subjects. This will provide students with a lot of information, thus make it possible for them to make well-versed decisions.
If they implement ICT in their systems, then the institutions will be able to grow like other organizations and businesses. The result is that the standards of education will improve.
How to Track Success in Your Blog
You can track the progress that your blog posts make by studying the blog's analytics report. This can be accomplished using tools such as Google Analytics. To do so, follow the steps below:
1. Select the time frame: this might be days, weeks, or even months.
2. Analyze the page views, comments, and inbound links for every article.
This data will provide you with an impression of the traffic that the blog generates, the location of visitors to the blog, and other demographic information. You will then be able to customize your blog so as to attract extra visits. This can be done by using keywords appropriately.
How Can You Make Money Using Your Blog?
You could have advertisements run in your blog, and get payments for hosting them. This can be done with tools such as Google AdSense. This tools track keywords on your blog and places advertisements related to them (Google, 2012). You could also post adverts directly by yourself and ask the advertisers to pay you for your services. Using back-links to your blog also improves its ranking in search engines, resulting in increased traffic; hence, increased revenue. It is, therefore, necessary to have as many links as possible pointing to your blog, as well as individual articles. Google Webmaster Tools come in handy in managing back links to your blog. It is also vital to provide quality content in your blog; readers are more likely to associate and recommend blogs whose content they find appealing. This will increase traffic to the blog. Bookmarking your blog using tools such as Digg and Reddit is a popular way of getting backlinks (For Bloggers, 2012).
For Bloggers (2012). Earn extra AdSense revenue and build links to your blog. Blogspot.com.
Retrieved from http://createtheblogger.blogspot.com/2012/09/earn-extra-adsense-revenue-and-build.html
Hill, B. (2006). Blogging for dummies (For dummies (Computers)). Hoboken, NJ: For Dummies.
Google (2012). About AdSense for your blog. Google. Retrieved from http://support.google.com/blogger/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=42534