1. Introduce yourself?
Mr. Jurgen, the general manager for the energy sector in Dubai, UAE.
2. What is Siemens to you and to the world?
Siemens is my employer. To the world, Siemens provides IT solutions and services majorly to the energy sector, healthcare sector, and industries in various countries.
3. What makes you as a person work for UAE office?
Siemens insists on hiring managers with good communication skills, exemplary leadership skills, critical thinkers, just to mention a few. My greatest strength lies on my communication skills. I can communicate effectively with all and sundry. I am also a dedicated team player.
4. Why Siemens choose UAE?
A big percentage of Siemens’ client base is in the UAE. For instance, almost all the big hotels in the UAE are using Siemens automation system. With such a huge customer base in UAE, it is logical for Siemens to have its offices in the UAE. Staying closer to our customers is one of our strategic directions.
5. How many businesses are involved here?
Currently we operate as singly entity dealing with IT solutions. However, we have since established several regional companies. The companies are located in Bahrain, Qatar, and Oman.
6. What kind of statistics do you keep? May I have a copy?
Like most companies, we keep both Descriptive and Inferential statistics. You can a copy, though not any. Some contain the company’s secrets.
7. Is the industry and government rules and regulations are affecting your local and global growth?
IT industry is a very competitive industry with its own regulations. Again, every country has its own legislations governing business operations. Therefore, yes, the industry and the government rules and regulations affect our local and global growth.
8. Are sales and projects in a level that the company is capable of or some are new?
In the recent past, Siemens has experienced an increase in the number of new orders. However, none of the new projects or the old projects are more than the company can handle.
9. Who are the main competitors locally in United Arab Emirates Dubai and globally?
The main competitors are ABB, Alstom and Schneider Electric.
10. How well Siemens doing with the current strategy? It is doing fairly well with with training and development as a strategy for. A lot of money is invested in research since more attention is laid on innovation. This is done to ensure that there always enough workforce.
11. The company’s vision, is it working or need to be changed for this part of the world?
The company’s vision is working. With such a big customer base in this part of the world, it is very clear that the company’s vision is working.
12. Talk to us about main and big growth, success, and failure.
However, in the past fiscal years the industry experienced a drop in the revenue growth, Siemens has experienced growth in the company’s revenue, net income and most importantly the number of orders. However, Siemens free cash flow recently dropped and at the same time, the profit Total Sectors suffered some drop.
13. Is the international growth and sale is moving faster than the local market growth?
No. The local market is growing faster than the international market. I base this assertion on the fact the number of local orders in the UAE is far much more than the number of international orders.
14. What was the leading event that makes you always proud of Siemens?
The fact Siemens commands more that 80 % market share of IT solutions to four and five start hotels in the UAE is enough reason to always make me want to stay at Siemens. I am proud of Siemens for such an immense achievement.
15. Is your company client oriented
One of our strategic directions stipulates that Siemens should at all times be closer to the customers. Integrity is yes another strategic direction for Siemens’. It follows therefore, that the Siemens is client oriented.
16. How you communicate with your customers? What tools your company is using?
Siemens communicates with its customers mostly through online discussions pages. The company also embraces the use of cellular technology to disseminate information to the clients.
17. Does your company focus in how to make the customer loyal to the products and the company?
As mentioned earlier, the company is committed to proving its clients with the best IT solutions in the world over. According to our strategies, Siemens embraces innovations and integrity. This is part if the companies ways of making customers loyal and keep the existing customers.
18. Does your company participate in social events, activities, supporting the sick people, handicapped etc
Yes. Siemens participates in a number of social activities. For instance, Siemens has from time to time offered disaster relief to victims of natural disasters like earthquakes. Moreover, recently donated a discovery box to the Street Children organization.
19. Does your company focus in developing a product with good quality no matter what it really coast?
Yes. Any company that minds about the well-being of its clients will be more than willing to go an extra mile in an attempt to produce goods and services of the best quality.
20. Does your company focus in developing products for a group of people only? An example of that product only for those people who prefer to buy a good quality product even if it’s high priced.
Though most of our products are intended to meet the needs of customers in the energy, healthcare, and industrial sector, there is no means by which Siemens determines that our products are meant for any particular group of individual. I can simply state that Siemens has specialized in producing goods and services for the people in the sectors listed above.
21. Talk about your distribution Channels
22. What do your think will be the barriers when starting new distribution channels?
In most cases, markets are uncertain. In most cases, a distribution channel should help a business meet the demand of a particular market. Hence, uncertainty of the market is one of the major barriers when deciding on a distribution channel.
23. Does your company follow any kind of research before the deciding starting their branches in the current country or the future countries?
Yes. The research is very crucial as it enables us one to understand the market before setting up a branch.
24. Do you think the countries policies and regulation is affecting your business in any of the countries how far is the effects?
Government policies in different countries affect our business. Government policies dictate how much we pay in taxes, some regulate our operations in an effort to cushion local industries from unhealthy competition for multinational ventures like Siemens.
25. The customer taste on those countries you are operating at do you think it is affecting your production decisions?
Good and services produced by a company are always intended for consumption by the customers. A customer will only consume a product or service that meets his/her taste. In this light, I must admit that the clients taste and preference are among the major determinants of Siemens operations and productions.
26. Do you consider your management group as a great asset to your organization?
Siemens has achieved all it has achieved because of a good management group. It is inevitable to admit that the group is among the assets of the company.
27. Are they supportive enough?
The group is supportive. The company really appreciates their work.
28. Do they communicate clearly with the community?
Siemens underscore the essence of exemplary communication skills in the business world. It takes good communication skills to get and keep a customer. The group from time to time is taken through an induction course to better their communication skills. The management team is therefore composed of individuals who can communicate effectively with the community.