The article is health fitness informative and addresses based on research evidence the risks associated with long hours sitting behaviors. The article warns of the various diseases and mortality risk that are associated with spending most of wake time in sitting usually termed as sedentary behavior. Health professionals have been advancing for the importance of cardiovascular exercise against sedentary behavior. Researchers have strong evidence on the role of moderate to vigorous physical exercise in averting cardiovascular associated diseases, some cancers, obesity and type 2 diabetes. The need to understand this sedentary behavior and its associated risks to the individual’s health has called for intensive research in medicine, fitness and health.
The most important idea in this article is the address on the deleterious results of sedentary behaviors to human health and fitness. Researchers have long proved that majority of people have detrimental sedentary behaviors for long hours estimated at up to 16 hours of their wake time for 24 hours. This accounted for 90% of time spent in sitting as 8 hours are spent in sleeping accounting to the remaining 10%. Early researches dating back to 1950s attached coronary artery diseases to inactive persons compared to physically vigorous individuals during their middle age. Scientists through research have proven the association of various dangerous diseases to sedentary behaviors. Among them are cardiovascular diseases which claim a higher percentage of the group with sedentary behaviors followed by cancer and other sedentary associated risks like, nervous system illness, violence, injuries, respiratory diseases, mental diseases, digestion disorders and nervous system illness. Scientists relate this negativity of sedentary behaviors to the fact after consistent sitting the triglyceride levels of blood usually start soaring thus increasing the risk of CVD. Cholesterol build up is another incident associated with long sitting behaviors.
The article concludes that sedentary behaviors are detrimental for health reasons. It discourages sitting for long wake time hours since it is associated with mortality due to the various cardiovascular diseases brought about by inactivity compared to physical activity which serves to averse all the associate negativity of sedentary behaviors. The article additionally proposes ways of avoiding this sedentary behavior in pursuit of body fitness and general health. However, research has reported that even if one meets the daily physical exercise requirement, sitting for long hours of wake time still remains dangerous and detrimental to one’s health. The general inference is that scientists have proved it that long sedentary behaviors are dangerous and thus fitness professionals need to lay down efficient and effective strategies to help their clients to break their sustained long sitting behaviors.
The main point presented in this article is the dangers associated with sitting and thus the need to averse this for healthy life. This information is of importance in that it serves to give knowledge or create awareness of the troubles that one can get himself or herself in if he or she condones longtime sitting behaviors. One can thus apply the knowledge in preparing his or her physical fitness time plan. One can also use the knowledge learnt in advising or even tutoring others on the importance of meeting daily physical exercise requirement in addition to reducing wake time spent on sitting. Generally, this will serve to reduce health risks that one might be exposed to in case of long sitting behaviors that might not be happening out of one’s good will.