Analysis Bout ‘Cervus Equipment’
Background of the company
- It started when Peter Lacey and Drake together with other John Deere dealership agreed to get into a partnership.
- The formation of this corporation came as a result of other equipment farm unable to meet the viable opportunities in the general market.
- The partners integrated a consolidated based strategy for growth and improve their relationship with OEM so as to lay good grounds for growth and business strategy.
- The company’s operation was facilitated by the motive by the founders to aim at obtaining a fair value for all their undertaking and at the same time transacting with a reputable operator.
- Cervus equipment corporate operates on two major different segment that is in the industry and commercial segment and on other hand in the agricultural segment.
- The unpredictable growth in the farming industry led the corporate to base its activities in the agriculture machinery market.
- Oil and gas dealing industries went through an aggressive growth which in respond has made cervus equipment to shift focus in the market dealing with industrial and construction equipments.
- The organization set up mainly considered the customer – employee model facilitated by use of a value over policy technique.
- The dealer owners went forward and pay more concern to the practical challenges in obtaining realistic synergies and also staying away from any integration failure.
- After the fail of CLU to administer an immediate remedy for the challenge the organization had majority of its position being left vacant.
- During its establishment it poses a challenge to the rest of manufacturers since it gave the owners lots of bargaining power.
- Another issue emerges due to the fact that the organization adopted the decentralization management model which later turned out to be a challenge to its growth.
- The organization in its general development has seen its labor forces grow at a high rate though they intend to have a constant employee model.
- The management of the organization is faced with great challenge maintaining a stable entrepreneurial philosophy after falling in a variety of management philosophy.
- In certain section of the organization, such as management, sale and service were faced with the difficulties determining or rather getting individuals with appropriate leadership skills.
- The agriculture segment was consider among the fundament areas for the smooth penetration to the market but was not meeting set objectives since it lacked adequate personnel.
- Leadership from the farming community was require at the level of dealership in order to get information on the challenges been faced by the customers.