- What is the name of your country (to include the capital city)?
I will be travelling to Africa, Kenya and the capital city is Nairobi
- What holidays will be celebrated in the month of September?
Muslims have just concluded their Eid Al-Fitr holidays on 10 August. However, there are no holidays in September, but 20 October will be Mashujaa (Heroes) Day (World Travel Guide)
- What will the climate be?
This holiday reminds Kenyans of the heroes who fought for their independence. Formerly, it was celebrated on 10th and 20th October, but was combined into one occasion to celebrate all the heroes together
The current news event in Kenya is that the President, his deputy, and one journalist are facing charges on crime against humanity at The Hague following the 2007/08 post election violence
- What key features of business etiquette should you consider (both verbal and nonverbal)?
Verbal – address people using sir/madam
- Is the culture high-context or low-context? Explain
Kenya is a high-context culture because knowledge is transferable, they value change over tradition, are future oriented, the work ethic is task oriented, and has a competitive business outlook.
- What sightseeing might you show your business partners traveling with you?
Kenya has a wide variety of wild animals such as lions, zebras, buffalos, and wildebeests in several parks such as Maasai Mara, Tsavo East and West, and Shibiloi among others. I would also show them mount Kenya, Elgon and Longonot
- How are women accepted as business leaders?
Women equally participate in business with the men in Kenya. They have leadership roles in business and are represented in leadership positions and parliament (KAWBO)
- What is the dominant language?
Swahili and English
- How will you greet the colleagues that you will visit?
Hujambo, Shikamoo, Nang’o, and Habari
- Discuss the major differences between your culture and that of the country you will visit
While my culture has been transformed into a modern day culture, the Kenyan traditional communities still practice traditional rituals and ways of life. There are 42 tribes speaking 42 different languages in Kenya (kenyacolors.com)
World Travel Guide. www.worldtravelguide.net › Destinations › Africa › Kenya
Kenya Association Of Women Business Owners | A Chance to Grow kawbo.or.ke/