Revision and Extension of the Secondary Source Integration
- The University of North Carolina (2013) states that an analysis of a primary and secondary source is a valuable and rare tool that offers a more complex analysis of the source, in this case a movie, instead of merely describing, stating facts, and explaining the events that took place.
- Unfortunately, in my secondary source integration paper, I was unable to distinguish between analysis and summary.
- I went into too many details about the main character and narration of the plot and somehow missed the main goal of the paper, which was an analysis.
- Notably, establishing a proper thesis would have given proper direction to my paper and given me a proper foundation on which to build on (The University of North Carolina 2013).
- Secondly, I focused too much on the whole movie instead of just the trailer supposedly because I had had already watched the movie.
- Regrettably, I feel I would have done a better job on this paper had a kept true to the advice given to me on my last paper as well as looked at the big picture of the movie instead of only the storyline.
- Mitchell (2014) suggests that a secondary source is very valuable to an analysis paper
- Particularly, Mitchell (2014) argues that it provides a research in which to back up opinions and conclusions perceived from the primary source.
- In my case, I did not allow my secondary sources to contribute to the larger conversation of synthesizing, analyzing, and interpreting the movie Iron Man.
- My lack of ability to realize the full potential of my secondary sources may have contributed to me presenting a summary of Iron Man instead of an analysis.
- Categorically, I am comfortable to say that the organization, style, and clarity were impeccable in my paper.
- I believe that I presented remarkable writing techniques.
- In addition, I adhered to the fundamentals of writing a paper that was captivating as well as enjoyable to read.
- I also had a clear stream of thought as I progressed from one paragraph to another.
- Notably, I also strictly adhered to the MLA format of referencing and in-text citations, which was one of the few winning areas in my paper.
- Through this task, I realized I had a hidden curiosity about technology and innovation.
- The research process involved in writing this paper opened my eyes on the sea of possibilities and achievement that the human kind have dared to explore.
- Although the analysis was based on a fictional piece of work, the precise presentation, and the basis that the movie was based on reflects the thirst that human beings have always had.
- This might have led to wonderful technological advancement that has helped shape our world today.
How am I planning to expand this paper into my final Analytical Research Paper?
- It is without doubt that this paper leaves a lot to be desired on my part in displaying my ability as a writer to critically, employ the metaphorical interpretations of literary works.
- As a result, I plan to capitalize on my weaknesses and use this as a last opportunity to show that I could be the best at analysis.
- My newly found interest in technology and innovation will also be a significant part of final analytical paper.
- This may be because I feel that technology is one of the most controversial issues in today’s society.
- In addition, I believe it will be well received by most individuals because it is widely debated about in most educational and entertainment forums.
- Conclusively, my final Analytical Research Paper will present a model of proper and dynamic presentation of an analytical essay as well as award winning writing skills through presentation and proper writing techniques.
Mitchell, L. J. (2014). Working with secondary sources: Humanities Core Writer’s Handbook. Retrieved from: http://hcc.humanities.uci.edu/humcore/Student/WritersHandbook/chapter22_ WorkingWithSecondarySources.html
The University of North Carolina. (2013). Summary: using it wisely. The Writing Centre. Retrieved from: http://writingcenter.unc.edu/handouts/summary-using- it-wisely/