Standing before you is a web analytic team that was formed as a result of both internal and external pressure. The internal pressure came from different departments in the company that are in search of weighing and analyzing the company’s success and the external pressure came from other companies that use web analytics to achieve their success posing fierce competition to this company. During this presentation, we are going to use questions to try and explain in details why this company needs web analytics. These questions include;
- What is the main objective of this presentation?
- What are we going to achieve at the end of this presentation?
- What benefits web analytics can bring to a company?
- What do we need from stakeholders at the table?
What are the main objectives of this presentation?
Our main objectives of proposing web analytics is to:
- Help the company concentrate the efforts of its market where necessary, wherever they are required and at exact time so as to make correct decisions on the market issues.
- Show various departments that web analytics is for grinding data to meet a SMART objective that relates to the objectives of the company but not for the sake of grinding.
- Show that web analyst, apart from web analysis, also analyses varied metrics for instance sales and marketing metrics that are related to databases which are in the company.
- Show that the web analysts are working hard to improve the web analytics by researching on the data to find what is favorable and what is not.
- Propose to various departments solutions through presentations. This can be done in a brief and honest way so as each department can achieve its objectives.
What are we going to achieve at the end of the presentation?
At the end of this presentation we would like to have accomplished the following:
- Creating a suitable win-win relationship with the stakeholders in a friendly atmosphere.
- Having other departments helping my team answer questions from different departments by providing us with the correct details and the key goals that are SMART.
- Having other departments give us feedback on specific outcomes by informing us on current activities so that the data can analyzed.
- Letting other departments feel free to contact us on questions concerning the computations of some metrics.
- Giving the departments freedom to exchange ideas.
What benefits web analytics can bring to a company?
Without web analytics, it can be difficult for a company to measure statistics or even analyze the visitor’s behaviors of the websites. It is a way of determining data in terms of profit, market interest and sales. Web analytics is a way of collecting and analyzing data. The benefits of web analytics include;
- Monitoring visitors
Web analytic can tell you how your website is being used to the tiniest specifics. It can tell you how long a person stays in the website, their origin, who they are, what keywords they use, from which web page they were referred from and the number of times they return to the website.
- Our team wishes to have a healthy (win-win) relationship with the stakeholders in a promising atmosphere.
- Our main objective is to exploit data in order to answer stakeholder’s SMART objectives.
- The purpose of our team is to provide solution to others and not to give decisions.
- Our team depends on other departments to better our performance by discussing freely on issues regarding the data. This can be from links between my team and the objectives of the stakeholders to actions that will affect a given data.
Dale, Tournemille. 2010, ‘Web analytics,’ retrieved 22 November 2012 from
Belisle Jean-Francois. July 20, 2009, ‘Online Strategies, Web Analytics’ retrieved 22 November 2012 from jfbelisle.com/2009/07/5/5-questions-you-must-answer-in-a-web-analytic-kickoff-meeting/
SEOCONSULT. ‘Benefits of Web Analytics’ retrieved November 2012 from www.seoconsult.com/seoblog/about-seo/the-benefits-of-web-analytics.html