Case studies are becoming increasingly popular both in Academia and in practical application across industries – and for good reasons. It is an effective way to investigate an authentic problem in the field, as opposed to a laboratory, where you cannot create all the complex conditions of real-life.
That is why topics to write your case study on are diverse as the life itself. It is a suitable format for almost any field – Law, Medicine, Business, Engineering, Social Studies, Phycology, Linguistics, and so on. If you are looking for some case study topic ideas for inspiration, here are some examples we’ve collected for you.
The Influence of Topics On Case Study Format
Case study format is practical, it focuses on a specific subject – a person, a company, or an event, either current or historical – and studies it in detail. However, depending on a subject, methods may vary from interviewing people or filling out questionnaires to wielding specialized equipment and taking regular measurements.
For example, the latest case study topics revolve around various online phenomena, so collecting material for research would involve scrolling through social media feeds and taking screenshots. Whereas if you decided to study the influence of the judge’s age on the severity of the sentence for your Law class, you would probably have to collect your data in libraries and court archives.
Therefore, how to pick your topic will depend not only on your academic interests but also on the availability of particular research methods to you.
Business Case Study Research Topics
Business case study is probably the most famous category of all. It is the best way to illustrate challenges that a particular company might encounter, along with its limitations and possible solutions. Many marketing, management, and business administration textbooks for dummies use case studies to illustrate basic concepts of the discipline, success and failure stories, etc.
However, writing such an informed analysis of a real company requires a high level of competence. If you were assigned a case study paper and you don’t know what to do, you can always turn to our case study writing service for help. Our writers have expertise in their respective fields and years of writing practice, so you can be sure of an excellent result.
Here are some case studies research topic examples involving famous companies and brands:
- Dunkin Donuts Case Study: The Opening of New Dunkin Donuts Locations
- TiVo Case Study
- Starbucks Failure in Australia Case Study
- Walmart Case Study: E-commerce and Competitive Advantage
- LEGO Case Study: Identification and Analysis of Strategic Issues
- New Heritage Doll Company Case Study
- Costco Case Study: Analysis Of Costco Wholesale Strategic Management Decisions
- Boeing Case Study: SWOT Analysis
- Nestle Case Study: Nescafe's Current Market Position in Italy
- FedEx Case Study: Strategic Management
- EuroDisney Case Study: Problems And Causes Of Problems At Euro Disney
- Optical Distortion Case Study
- Monsanto Case Study Analysis
- Cleveland Clinic Case Study
- JC Penney Case Study
- The Sweet Dreams Motel Case Study
- Key Strategic Challenges Facing Apple Computer Case Study
Good Case Study Topics For Students
Students in high school, college, and university often receive some easy case study topics for practice: to learn how to write a case study as such and to investigate a particular problem deeper. Here are some of the examples:
- Sexual Harassment Case Studies
- Business Ethics Case Study Example
- Gun Control Case Studies: The Debate On Keeping Guns
- NASA Case Study: NASA Project Management Challenges
- Jeffrey Dahmer Case Study
- Sales Management Case Study
- Sole Proprietorship Case Study Example
- Management Organizational Behavior Case Study
- The Efficiency of Meditation for Treating Bipolar Disorder
- Differences in Agoraphobia Manifestations in Men and Women
- Augmented Reality Simulations as Treatment for Alzheimer Patients
- Australia as an Example of Unstable Ecosystem
- Implications of Voluntary DNA Testing for Unsolved Crime Investigations and Connected Ethical Issues
- Cannibalistic Product Interaction in Virtual Megastores (Amazon, eBay, AliExpress, Wish)
- How Long The Impact of an Oil Spill Last
- Effectiveness of Affirmative Action Policies
Best Wacky Case Study Topic Examples
If you are still at a loss for what is a good topic for case study, let us remind you that you are able to use anything, as long as it provides enough information to analyze and make conclusions. To give you some idea of how wide the circle of possibilities is, here are some wacky and unconventional examples of case study topics:
- Robin Hood Case Study
- Girl Scout Cookies Case Study
- Mental Disorders of “Hamlet” Characters
- Do Mosquitos Prefer a Particular Blood Type?
- Which Type of Flea Jumps Higher: a Dog’s or a Cat’s?
- Photobombing in Victorian and Edwardian Era Portraits
- Correlation between Substances Abuse and Cryptids Sightings
- Do Woodpeckers Get Headaches?
- The Effects of Marijuana on Bees
- Do Cats Have Sense of Humor?
- Do Parrots Have a Preference in Art Styles?
- Which is the Best Way for Curing Hiccups?
- Correlation between Megapixels Parameter of the Camera and Instagram Likes Received
- Do Dogs Prefer Beautiful People for Owners?
- Who Are Fussier Eaters – Toddlers or Cats?
- Blind Tasting of Soft Drinks: Can Devotees Recognize Their Favorite Brand?
- How Long Do International Students Maintain The Personal Space Distance of Their Home Culture
Did You Find Those Case Study Ideas Interesting?
Great! We aim to please. Then we also urge you to check out our case study example page where you can find loads more interesting case study topics and real case study papers written by students like you.
If, however, you’ve found that none of those fit the problem you wish to investigate, we can custom-write the example for you, or even come up with an idea for your project from scratch. Let us know!