Software download manual
1. First check the disk space to ensure that there is enough memory space for the software to be downloaded. Inadequate memory space could cause problems with the download, such as failure to finish downloading or lost download.
2. Check the Internet connection to ensure that it is up and running. A fast and reliable network will facilitate efficient download f software
3. Find the location of the intended download by use of URL address for the specific location/site
4. Locate the icon for the software download. Click on the icon and wait for a down load dialog box to appear
5. Once the download dialog box appears, select the location where the software is to be stored once it is downloaded.
6. Click on the “save” icon on the download dialog box in order to download the software. The “open” icon will just open the file from where it is but not download it. Therefore, it should not be clicked .
7. Make sure you note the location where the file is saved.
8. Go the folder on which the file was saved and open it. The software downloaded would exist as a zipped file
9. To extract the zipped file, double click on the same or use zipping software like 7zip. The files will be automatically extracted upon double clicking.
10. Care should be taken not to change the folder settings unless one is an advanced user. Delete the zipped folder once all the files have been extracted.
11. Install the software.
Installing the mother board
1. Open the computer metallic case to find the location where the motherboard is to be installed.
2. Remove the metallic plate on which the motherboard is fastened onto from the rest of the case.
3. The motherboard has some matching holes with the metallic plate. These are the holes on which the screw is to be fastened. Lay down the motherboard on the metallic plate and make sure that the holes are matching in the two devices.
4. Due to the difference in standardization, there is bound to be holes on the metallic plate that do not match with any hole on the motherboard. Do not drill a hole on the motherboard in order to fit. Leave it just the way it is .
5. Ensure that you have all the screws and screw nuts to install on the motherboard.
6. Take the screw nuts and fasten in to the matching hold. A thumb can easily be used for the job by turning on the screws in a clockwise direction. If a screw driver or any other metallic device is to be used, care should be taken not to damage the mother board
7. Once all the screws have been done and the motherboard correctly fitted to the metallic plate, place the metallic plate in its correct position in the computer casing .
8. Fasten some screw in order to hold the metallic casing with the motherboard in place.
Peltier, T. (2002). Information Security Policies, Procedures, and Standards: guidelines for
effective information security management. Boca Raton: Auerbach publications.