Management Effectiveness Evaluation
In the face of a top manager any company seeks to find a person with advanced management skills - the ability to think, propose and make better organizational decisions, take responsibility, to influence employees and manage a team. In reality is not so simple, and there is no manager, ideally corresponding to the position held.
In a market economy manager - especially the head with a certain qualification level of training, with the authority and responsibility, aimed at implementing the strategy of the company: production, income, profitability, productivity, return on assets.
• Setting goals that we want to achieve in the course of business of the company;
• Identify key indicators that will allow us to assess the achievement of each objective;
• The development of activities aimed at successful implementation of the indicators;
• binding of motivation to implement key performance indicators.
In order to objectively evaluate the effectiveness of a manager, you need to follow a few guidelines.
1. Evaluate the main priority areas of work and manager.
If the company is one of the priorities is to reach the regional markets, the need to evaluate not only the total turnover of the company, but also a separate turnover growth in the regions.
2. Analyze the performance of the manager should be on those tasks and functions for which the manager has the authority to make management decisions.
If certain tasks do not fall within its area of responsibility, refer to the related departments or senior management, then these tasks will not be objectively characterize the performance of the manager.
3. Along with the " financial " performance ( efficiency and effectiveness of administrative decisions, the quality of work performed, partnerships ) should also be considered " non-financial " results (primarily social and psychological aspects), as the winning team, not an individual.
Evaluation of the staff is more standard and can be made higher authorities, the expert committee, independent appraisal centers, peers and subordinates. For this purpose, tests, "brainstorming", business games, interviews, reviews, and, of course, the analysis of the work performed.
For clarity, let us consider a few examples where the assessment of the effectiveness of management (specifically cite different figures) has been a key factor in the implementation of various projects by our company.
- How much the top manager is prepared to deal with the serious management problems;
- Who of top managers appropriate to send to training;
- What are the features of the interaction in the working team and how smoothly a team of top managers in the composition;
- Who of middle managers has the potential to become a senior manager.
AC is a standardized technology designed for integrated assessment of people in accordance with certain criteria. Obtained with the help of data of a personal, managerial and professional potential employees of the organization to help managers make informed personnel decisions (such as admission to a managerial position ), as well as to predict the success of top managers.
A particular importance to the effectiveness of the functions of a leader has such features as:
- developed strategic and analytical thinking;
- high emotional intelligence;
- ability to assess risk;
- type of motivation ( the desire to achieve success);
- good communication skills.