I. Employment HistoryName/location of Employer 1: Dixie, 1023 Military Trail West Palm Beach FL 33401Title: Trainee AssistantDates Employed: 2004-2006Name/location of Employer 2: WALMART, Location 1197 Belvedere West Palm Beach FL 33411Title: SupervisorDates Employed: 11/2006-08/2007Name/location of employer 3: US SECURITYTitle: Trainee AdvisorDates Employed: 08/2007-12/2010
UniversityName location of school 3: Florida International UniversityDates Attended.08/15/2013Credit/Certificates Degrees: Working on my bachelor’s degreeIII Volunteer And other unpaid Experience: Name of organization 1: Boys and Girls ClubActivities and responsibilities: Helping children with homework in boy and girls club
Part BI. Short Term and Long Term Career Plan/Occupational Goals
Complete my undergraduate degree (65 credits left to go). I will finish my course first before I think of joining a law school. As noted, I will work hard to complete the remaining credits.
Apply to law school. After, completing the undergraduate degree I will select good law schools and make applications to the institutions and wait for approval.
Join a law school. I will receive an admission, I will join a law school to sharpen my skills and get the professional training that is critical in my field of work.
Enter an internship to gain relevant experience in my field of work. The Internship will also help me to learn interpersonal skills required in the criminal justice profession. The course will provide opportunities for me to acquire connections that will help me obtain a job immediately after I finish my internship.
Join a law firm or any other job opportunity in my relevant field. I will have gathered enough experience and confidence to do my work and produce excellent results.
Enter law school.
Obtain good grades.
Graduate from law school
Commence my Masters in Criminal Justice
Graduate with masters in criminal justice
Enroll for a certification and membership program after my graduate studies. My profession will require certification and membership to the professional body.
Start working as a private detective or investigator by helping individuals, attorneys, and businesses to find and analyze information.
Barriers to Reaching Goals
I will face many obstacles in the process of pursuing both my short term and long term occupational goals. The first obstacle that will hinder me from realigns my professional goals is caring for my siblings. Being the first born, I am supposed to cater for my siblings’ education and their overall wellbeing. So I will need to pay their fees because they all look up to me. The burden will be great during my schooling days because I will not get many opportunities to do part-time jobs to acquire the much-required cash to support my family. Therefore, time will be a constraint factor and will also be a big barrier to the achievement of my both short-term and long-term objectives. The second obstacle that I will face is my young children. I am a parent so I will be required to take care of my two kids who are aged 2 and 3 respectively. I will be needed to babysit the kids and at the same time attend classes. I will be away from my children, I will often think of them since they will be looked after by my young sister who is not old enough to be fully responsible. This will be a big challenge because I do not have enough money to employ a professional house help to help in taking care of my children who are at a tender age.
The third obstacle I will face will be taking care of my elderly parents. My parents are diabetic, and I am the one who is solely responsible for their welfare. All the years, my elderly parents are dependent on me because they are no longer productive due to their diabetic conditions. This as well will give me a hard time while pursuing both my short-term and long-term career objectives. However, I am optimistic that after getting employed I will have enough cash to help me manage my ailing parents. The fourth obstacle that will be inevitable is financial constraints. I have a lot of responsibilities so I will face financial challenges throughout my studies. So I will be forced to squeeze funds in a bid to meet all my financial obligations.
How to deal with the obstacles
I have considered various strategies that I will apply in a bid to realize my occupational goals despite the obstacles mentioned above. I will deal with the challenge of fending for my siblings by opening a stall that will help in generating some additional income. I will not necessarily be present at the stall, but I will put my cousin who is jobless to take care of it. Further, I will try my level best to squeeze time to do part-time jobs in a bid to increase my financial position. At the university, I will arrange to acquire work study program to at least work for one hour before I go to work part-time in the factory. I will deal with the challenge of my young kids by requesting my grandmother to look after them. After I get some cash, I will employ a professional maid to take care of them when being at school. I will also consider leaving the kids at a day-centre then get them once am through with classes. I will handle the challenge of my elderly parents by taking them to an elderly care facility. Lastly, I will study in a part-time mode so as to create time for my part time jobs. I will also apply for a scholarship to ease my financial burden.
IV. SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES A. professional training
1. Competency in The criminal justice procedures and the conceptual schemes in criminal justice. The competence is key vital in the criminal justice field.
2. Competency on the approaches to antisocial behavior. It is essential to have the knowledge of how to approach the anti-social behavior in the criminal justice.
3. Competency in criminal legal procedures. I have developed competence in matters dealing with legal procedures.
4. Competency in apprehending criminal elements in the event of a crime.
5. Skills in demarcating the large criminal groups
6. Skills to differentiate the adversarial and peaceful methods of solving conflicts.
7. Competency in the theories of crime.
8. Skills in the legal research methods.
9. Skills in analyzing the criminal system.
10. Competency in the factors that affect the corporate crimes.
11. Competency in handling domestic violence
B. Communication skills and decision-making
1. Good written and spoken technical language
2. Mastering foreign languages such as French
3. ICT (Information and Communication Technology) skills.
4. The competency to apply the acquired legal knowledge and the competence to solve problems in environments that are unfamiliar.
5. The competency to handle complex scenarios and to integrate knowledge by formulating sound judgments.
6. The competence to communicate conclusion appropriately and with clarity.
7. The ability to work in teams.
8. The competency to manage the capacity of legal and non-legal information.
C Anticipated NETWORKING OPPORTUNITIES:
Creating networks with law professionals to extend my knowledge and acquire the new challenging opportunities both locally and internationally
Cross-industry networking and not only concentrating on the law profession. To network with other professionals in my areas of interest such as sports and recreation activities.
Building a long-lasting relationship with my clients. I believe that opportunities arise as a result of having a good relationship with those who discover good opportunities.
Use the social media platforms to identify the potential law professions who will be role models. By connecting to law professionals, I will get an opportunity to learn more from great contributions made by the law professionals for many years.
After acquiring the relevant experience and networking with peer friends in the law industry, I will establish my law firm to extend further career objective. Through networking, I will be able to explore new opportunities to offer directly my services to private individuals and companies.
Establish relationships with both public and private corporations. By extending the relationship, I will get an opportunity to create links to high professional develop further my career.
D. Other Activities
1. I plan to engage in community service activities. For instance, I will engage in helping the needy students aspiring to be future law experts to acquire the education. I will establish a fund to cater for the needy students whose aspirations is to be future law experts.
2. Engage in community activities such as protection of the environment and ensuring that the laws protecting the ecosystem are adhered to especially the protection of the wildlife.
2. Engage in community education regarding the observance of law and the importance of helping others to understand the consequences of breaking the law.