1: Application of friendship theory
In sociology, there are many themes that exist and shape the way of life this is mainly due to the existence of a broad nature of the sociological perspective in our daily life.Human being are commonly called social animals due to their desire to desire close relationships. It is normally through language, self-conception and presentation that normally define a person in a society. The theory of friendship will be discussed in this essay where it shall analyze my relationship with people in my daily life and the sociological nature that is brought about by friendship theory (Ritzer 82).
In the theory of friendship, there is always the problem of lack of firmness and agreed upon criteria that are socially acknowledged as a definite way of making a person be a friend. It is common to find people describing someone as a friend only to deny that he or she is not their friends within a limited time frame. Friends have a tendency to be there for each other both in times of happiness and times of slow. It is always considered as an appropriate action to be there when a friend in trouble and offer assistance. The way we also communicate tells whether or not we can keep friends or not. In the case where there is a disagreement, it is always advisable to sit and sort out the problem with a friend. This will help keep the friendship. Additionally, friends should be concerned about others and also guide them when they think their friends are going or doing something wrong. (Korgen 52). (252 words)
In this assignment to establish the friendship theory and how people perceive others. I decided to wear two types of shoes where one was a white sports shoe while the other one that I wore on the other leg was a black official shoe. To make sure that everybody looked at me at the campus I used my phone with a loud music player to attract the attention of other students.( 71 words)
3: what I expected to happen
I expected other students to react differently where some would laugh at me; others would just look at me with amazement looks on their faces while others would say crazy words to me. A good friend is likely to come to me and ask me what my problem is and try to find out whether so I was well. This is an indication of genuine concern. (65 words)
As per my expectations many students laughed at me and even called their colleagues also to see me. Some took out their cameras and phone and tried to take pictures of my different kind of shoes worn at the same time. My best friend came to my salvage as expected and took me to a lone place where he asked whether I was feeling well. (65 words)
4: the family theory indicates that people tend to care more and be social with people who they are close to the family. (22 words)
The friendship theory indicates that friends are even more close each other even more than families since people are more open to friends more than any other people. (28 words)
The relationship theory states that a human must be in some kind of a relationship where they must have a special person in their lives that they consider more important than another. (32 words)
I totally agree with the three theories since people tend to value some people more than others depending on the relationship they have with that person. ( 26 words)
5: what I learned from the assignment
People are a social being; however, the social nature depended on and differs from one person to the other the rationale of the dependence is mainly due to the relationship the people have. Close people will care for each other as compared to those without any closeness. ( 45 words)
Answer to question on Page 32
- After the invention of new technologies and its continued development on a daily basis this has affected and changed the way of interaction. Previously we used to meet and visit others at their homes or place or residence, but now we hold a long conversation over the internet through the use of social media. (57 words).
- The shopping malls are an easy indicator of increased globalization in the world. This is because they sell items from all over the globe that makes it hard for the local people to retain their culture as new products are offered on their environment. (45 words).
- In social media things that are widely sold, especially among the youth are the electronics where people will want to have the latest phone. Clothing and other fashion related items such as shoes, bags and hair styles advertise through the social media and also social in the same media. (51 words).
- Private issues are the problems that an individual has on a personal level these troubles are virtually small and can only be solved by the person. On the other hand, public issues are larger societal issues that affect the whole society. People tend to try and solve the problems using different means since such issues may have a catastrophic outcome as compared to individual problems. (67 words)
- Agency is defined as the capacity of a person to act in an independent ability and out of their free will. Structure on the other hand is being the factors that influence the social class, gender, ethnicity, religion and customs. When people are together, they tend to encourage each other in doing things that previously one could not have done on their own. Gross misconduct in the schools such us mistreating others with the intention of demanding the lesser hence getting recognition is associated with being violent. (Ritzer 37). (88 words)
- Based on the social construction of reality in sociology, humans believe that an understanding, significance, and the meaning is developed as per the individual wants. In the music industry, people tend to rationalize their experiences where one will find that most music items are mere personal stories on different occasions.(51 words)
- Sociological approach in understanding of globalization is an effective way of understanding globalization. This is because people will first understand other peoples' culture, way of life, and their personal beliefs. Culture can speed up the rate of globalization as people will be able to relate better with the other. Peaceful co-existence is encouraged by when people spend time together with others and live peacefully with others. The sharing of culture through sociology encourages peaceful coexistence among people of diverse background hence peaceful coexistence. (84 words).
- Theories are assumption or a supposition of ideas that are intended to give a detailed explanation of something that is based on general principles independent of the things to be explained. Sociologist tends to use theories to explain social and other phenomena that are made to create a relationship between two or more concepts. Sociologist develops theories that are based on more information that explains the given phenomena in a more developed manner. (75 words)
- Capitalism explained an economic and political system that seeks to exploit workers, while the proletariat is the low-class wage earners. Works are alienated in a workplace where they are not involved in the organizational decision making. In America, there is continued workers alienation where workers find new corporate policies imposed by them without involving the works this has been manifested by increased workers strike. (66 words)
- Economic rationalization encourages economic development since people are more inclined in making more profits for themselves. However, rationalization also encourages exploitation of people where the workers are exploited by the rich employers by giving them low wages. Low wages make the workers depend on the rich since they cannot invest the little given by the wealthy. (Korgen 45). (58 words)
- Globalization continues to strengthen our collective conscience as people interact and share their cultural differences that realize that people are not that different hence encouraging the collective conscience. Through language diversification, people can now talk and communicate effectively with other hence globalization development in the world. (47 words)
- Conspicuous consumption is intended to show a person social class where he rich spend and consume luxury good. While the poor use cheap things it to common to hear that a particular shopping mall or a hotel is for the rich while others is for the poor which makes it an identifying factor. (54 words)
- The internet is used as a medium for consumption of goods where people purchase goods and services through the internet. Internet consumption is positive since it provides an easy way of accessing services and goods that otherwise were hard to procure and also to use. (46 words)
- Mass culture is the set of actions, ideas and values that develop due to a common exposure of a common exposure to music art or same media. The internet and social media are a strong source of mass culture since people tend to behave with what they see. It is common to find some people with a same identifiable character got from the internet. (65 words)
- Feminist theory helps in understanding the women in our society and also offering support for women and men with the aim of eliminating the gender segregation. The theory is very critical since it faces many threats from the social nature, religion, political and many cultures in the world. (49 words)
- According to the critical theory of race relations it has been found out that people are slowly accepting orders and also realizing that there is no difference between people who have different skin color. It is important to stress the importance of discouraging racial discrimination among people.
- With the invention and development of the internet people can effectively communicate using different symbols. People who used to depend on a face to face conversation can do their taking over the internet using different means of communication. The internet has revolutionized the communication methods in our current age. (50 words)
Korgen, Kathleen O. Contemporary Readings in Sociology. Los Angeles: Pine Forge Press,
Ritzer, George. Introduction to Sociology. Los Angeles: SAGE, 2013. Print.