200 M state avenue,
Minister for Environment,
China department of environment,
200 Hainan Avenue,
Telephone: (548)267 96453.
Dear Zhou Shengxian
I am an environmentalist researcher based in Shanghai. Pollution in this country has become so intense and it leads to harming of the living organisms. The manufacturing industries in China are the biggest contributors of pollution. The reason behind my research was the triggered by the reduced living index among the citizens. The mortality rate has increased and the number of health issues has become rampant in hospitals. The illnesses are mostly contributed by the inhalation of the chemicals emitted by some industries and the consumption of the products grown in the contaminated soil. Pollution has been the greatest menace in China, and if not addressed, it will go to the extreme that it will not be controlled any more.
The seriousness of air pollution include;
- Brings about asthma problems
- Emission of harmful chemicals in the air is harmful.
- It contributes to the formation of the o-zone layer
- Can cause lung cancer
- Respiratory diseases
- Interferes with the proportion of the natural gases in the air
- Acidic rains
Air pollution is harmful to human in the following ways.
- The emissions of the harmful gases in the atmosphere are breathed by the people that lead to respiratory problems. Breathing becomes a problem thus the emergence of respiratory diseases. The effects lead to the clogging of the chest that makes it difficult for the victim to breath.
- The release of the gases leads to the formation of the o-zone layer that at times can lead to skin cancer if it is so intense. The ultra violet rays are able to penetrate into the skin causing cancer.
- The gases also lead to the formation of the acidic rains that is harmful to both the living organisms and the soil. It erodes the top cover of the organisms. It can also inflict pain on the persons.
- Cardiovascular diseases can be caused by air pollution. It becomes difficult for the heart to function normally leading to the cardiac failure.
- The smoking of the cigarettes is harmful to both the smokers and the passive smokers. Smoking has adverse effects to the human body. The worrying thing is, even the non-smokers are prone to the diseases due to the negligence of the smokers.
It is therefore, the responsibility of the china government to control air pollution. The governments can impose heavy fines to the industries that emit the largest percentage of the harmful gases. It can also enforce some rules that can limit the amount of gases emitted in the air. Construction of the manufacturing industries should have pipes that do not direct the gases to the atmosphere. Adoption of harmful gases reducing technology by power plants could be of great help to the pollution vice. Failure to control the pollution would have massive financial losses to many businesses. The challenge will also keep off the investors, therefore, the economic growth and developments will be at minimal.