- Chipotle was started in 1993. Initially the company operated a single hotel. The chain works with a mission of serving high quality dishes quickly. At the moment, the chain boasts of perfection in fast-food-experience. The restaurant has 1600 outlets globally. The food chain posted a profit of $110.3 million last year and is still growing in revenue.
- The Chipotle company is widely felt in the market due to its strong marketing strategies. The company brands itself as an efficient fast food. It has a symbolic logo of red and brown colours. The names are written in in the circular logo. The chain also a slogan which reads “food with integrity”. The company presence online and ordering can also be described as a strong promotional tool. The company also advertises on television and billboards.
- Reading through the libraries, I found out articles in the online platform discussing chipotle. In the daily finance, there is an article titled “Chipotle Isn't the Only Burrito Roller Growing Quickly” the article described the fast food chain as a giant. It is a master of revenue growth in the industry. However, there are other food chains which are growing as first and thus chipotle needs to work hard to keep ahead. As a brand the article concluded that chipotle is doing well but needs to do more.
- Fast food industry is very competitive; chipotle is thus faced by competition all around. Looking at the United States market, there over twenty fast food giants who keeps the chain on toes due to the cut throat competition. This paper identified few brands which are considered top most competitors.
- Macdonald Corporation with a market cap of $94,089 million. This is the biggest competitor.
- Starbucks Corporation with 59,648 million. This is big than chipotle.
- Yum brands incorporation also is a brand which threatens Chipotle in the fight for the fast food market.
Other related competitors which pose a challenge include BurgerKing, Domino pizza, Panera brand among others. These outlets are a source of competition as they have wide market reach and thus cannot be ignored.
Our advertising objective is to reach 50 % awareness for Chipotle Mexicans grill among male and females, aged 18-45 years old who are the highest consumers of fast foods. This consciousness objective will be achieved at the end of the nine month’s period.
Justification of the advertisement plan
Thorough research and brainstorming lead to the conclusion that the television advert and internet advertising would be the best plan. The target audience of the advert would be the males, females of the age ranging from 18-45 years of age. This is because research indicate that these people are exploratory and thus will try different delicacies that Chipotle offers. Similarly, this group is busy and fast food comes in handy as they have busy schedules. They also need to eat settled down as it is the trend in Indonesia. So serving them fast as they order would be an appropriate for them. In Jakatar the huge population is effective target as dense cities thrive on fast food when compared to rural settings.
The country is observed to be viable since Mexican cuisine is not well established, Comparing to the existing native food. The Chipotle presenting new cuisine would be hugely accepted. This is because new flavours and would attract young people. The idea of serving quickly would offer a chance for the people to be a good target.
Having laid the plan and identifying the target audience, it was necessary to choose the perfect channel which can reach the largest number of the preferred audience. Concluding that television and internet was based on the countries tendencies. In summary, these are the mediums which would reach the largest numbers within the shortest time.
Formulating an advert about the restaurant is powerful plan. This is supported by the following observations in regard to how Indonesian people respond to T.V. In the country, there are 240 million people who will watch television in a month. On the same note, about 97% of the population will be reached using the medium. With these observations it is clear that good adverts on the television, coupled with good timing can get across many people in the country. For example, good timing of the advert may be slotted during news times when majority people are likely to be tuned in. Secondly, the adverts should be aired several times to ensure maximum chance that people will be likely to see it.
The internet aspect will cut across, different platforms, For example, the social media, websites and general advertising. The target audience is likely to use internet as they are young. The social media which may involve Facebook and Twitter are a good approach especially to target the young people who are enthusiastic and interactive on such platforms. Statistics of the country present internet to be the second medium which can reach the target audience. The internet is shown to reach about 57% of the targeted audience. The medium is also cost effective and strategic in this regard.
Chipotole Mexican Grill. (2014, Jan 11). Chipotole Mexican Grill. Retrieved Nov 22, 2014, from Chipotole story: http://www.chipotle.com/en-US/chipotle_story/chipotle_story.aspx
Daily Finance. (2014, Nov 16). Chipotle Isn't the Only Burrito Roller Growing Quickly. Retrieved Nov 22, 2014, from Daily Finance: http://www.dailyfinance.com/2014/11/06/chipotle-chuys-growing-quickly/#!slide=474744
Morning Star. (2014, Jul 11). Chipotle Mexican Grill Inc Class A . Retrieved Nov 22, 2014, from Morning Star: http://financials.morningstar.com/competitors/industry-peer.action?t=CMG
Petit, J. (2010). The Men and Women We Want: Gender, Race, and the Progressive Era Literacy Test Debate. Rochester: University of Rochester Press.
Vickers, A. (2005). A History of Modern Indonesia. Oxford: Cambridge University Press.