Note: There are two parts to this exam, with multiple parts to each. Be sure to include all parts of both in one file. Please don’t send me separate files. Please do label the file correctly.
Part 1: Headlines. There are no strategy guidelines for this section, although you may find it useful to write yourself a simple strategy and/or select a specific brand as a guide. Based on the reading and class discussions write headlines to meet the following criteria: (15pts)
- A branded breakfast cereal using metaphor
(Kellogg) Start a day with a bang by having cereals.
(Allstate) You choose to have us, we choose to protect you
- A branded cell phone carrier using rhyme or alliteration
(At&t) Best and Fast, Near and dear; At & T gives you value and cheer share your
Any branded jeans using hyperbole
(Levis) Levis takes care of your curve; it’s like wearing nothing at all.
- A branded kitchen appliance using irony or personification
(Viking) I am, like, so freaked out right now. Viking is like having another Mom at home.
Exam 2 Headlines Rubric (COM 449)
Part 2: A complete ad
The Assignment: based on the product described below:
- Write a classic ad strategy statement for your segment/target. (5 pts)
Advertising will attract youth between 21-15 who have started earning but care for the environment. The fixer plug is time and money saving as they patch and refill the flat tire and also fixes the cigarette lighter. And what more can a consumer ask for when it comes from the market leader, “Bridgestone.”
Write five creative headlines for a print ad for this product. You must use at least 3 of the following techniques: metaphor, parallel lines, hyperbole, personification, or pun. (15pts)
1. This brand new tire is the God of all innovations.
2. The earth is round and so are our tires; and when they get flat we help you to keep them round. (Hyperbole).
3. Fat tires taking away peace of mind; give them a piece of mind by our product. (Parallelism)
4. Fill your tires with air and let the wind work magic on your hair. (Parallelism
5. No spare tires were harmed to make your tire looking good. (Anesis)
PROJECT: The revolutionary new flat tire fixer plugs
Let your tires keeping going around the roads. Have a flat tire? Refuse it!!!!
In about a minute the contents of the can are forced into your tire by the revolutionary new flat tire fixer plugs into your cigarette lighter.
This magical evolutionary flat tire fixer plugs into your cigarette lighter and the air nozzle on your tire. You only need a minute to have a inflate tire and no need to change to your spare tire. Meant especially for young drivers, who are environmentally concerned. It saves money as it costs less than get new tires. You actually don’t need to keep spare tires in your trunk. The patches and refills the tire, so there is no reason you to change your flat tire to new tires and it only takes a minute you to have a inflate tires. Try out this new product Round, by Bridgestone!
Don’t let flat tires disrupt your dream drive.
Copy Platform Print Ad Rubric Exam2 (COM 449)
If you feel it necessary, insert a jpg of a visual that you would put in the ad, or describe what the main visual or look of the ad would be.