Planning is an integral part of development and enhancement, and it is one of those aspects of an organization that associated specifically with the productivity and management of an entity. The process of planning itself has numerous elements found in it, and through all of these elements the entire process of planning would become effective that leads to organization productivity and workability of the employees (Armstrong & Cummins, 2011).
Strategies can be regarded as the heart of an organization, and no organization can survive for long without its heart. Planning initiatives can be taken for every department of an organization, and the planning that addresses the Human Resources Management (HRM) department in it known as HRM planning. Planning is the name of maneuvering and making over on an idea to implement it for the betterment of the organizational effectiveness in particular (Armstrong & Cummins, 2011).
In this assignment, it is required to find out the core relationship among the activities of Human Resources Planning, and its core impact with the development of the organization. Apart from this mantra, there is something else that needed to be address in this assignment, which is the eight elements of staffing that used for organizational development.
Analysis and Findings
Human Resource Planning (HRP) is an activity cum process through which an organization anticipates the future needs of the work forces that may be essential for the business environment of the company (Belcourt, McBey & McBey, 2010). HRP specifically assesses the requirement of manpower for the future period of time. It usually attempts to provide effective and sufficient manpower required to perform the organizational based activities. The planning process of HR is a continuous process associated with an organization that commences with the identification and analysis of the HR based objectives, moving through all the analysis of the manpower resources, and finding an appraisal in the HR process and planning. The essence of planning and processing certainly has a direct impact over the financial position of an organization along with an increment in the strategic capability of the organization (Belcourt, McBey & McBey, 2010). In the synergy of managerial elements like planning, organizing, leading and controlling, the name of planning is the most important, because without proper planning, there would be no existence of organizing, leading and controlling. There are four different steps and activities that involved specifically with the planning of the HR function, and these activities are as follows
- Demand Forecasting-Supply Forecasting: HR forecasting is the process of estimating and analyzing the demand for the entire supply of the HR of an organization. Demand forecasting is the process of determining the future needs of the HR function both in terms of quantity and quality as well. Apart from the demand forecasting, one of the major activities that found in the overall process of HR planning is the supply of the individuals, and availability of the human resources individuals. The supply of the HR depends upon promotions, internal transfer, job enrichment and job enlargement.
- Matching the demand and Supply: One of the major activities of the HR planning is to provide the workforce as per the demand, because in case of high supply and low demand, the skills and workability of an individual cannot be fully utilized properly in an organization, and it will not be a positive and effective sign for the company as far as future needs and productivity is concerned (Belcourt, McBey & McBey, 2010).
- Action Plan: Action plan is the name of implementation of the plan according to the needs and requirement of the company. The action plans can also be updated and upgraded as per the requirements and needs. From this partial analysis, it is clear that the activities of HR planning would be more than essential for an entity, and it will certainly assist the company in their development phases are concerned. The planning activities and organizational development has a positive relationship with each other, like with increase in positive attitude and planning activities, the higher will be the development of the company
The next part of the assignment specifically associated with one of the major functions of the Human Resources Management (HRM), which is Staffing. Staffing is a term that used in the spherical of employment, and it has been applied to more than one aspects of the working environment. As per the general definition, staffing is a process cum activity that used to acquire, deploy and then retain a workforce that have sufficient quantity and quality to create positive and effective means and impacts over the organizations. The impacts can be both financially and none financially actives. There are eight different elements associated with the process of staffing and these elements are as follows
- Manpower Requirement: The first element of the staffing process associated with the planning of inventory of manpower (Bhattacharyya, 2009). It usually associated with the job requirements and demands of the company
- Recruitment: Recruitment is the process of recruiting the most talented individuals for the company, who are desirable for the company
- Selection: It associated with the selection of the candidate, who has been recruited for a specific job purpose. This is called a screening step that associated with the appointment of the selected candidate
- Orientation & Placement: Orientation & Placement is the name of placing the right candidate at the right job, and it is an important activity of staffing
- Training & Development: It associated with the training and development of the employees which have been hired or previously hired by the company to make them more efficient for the entity
- Remuneration: Staffing provides remuneration and compensation benefits to the employees of the company
- Performance Evaluation: It associated specifically with analyzing the performance of the employees of the company in a given time period
- Promotion: Based on the performance evaluation, the decision of promotion or demotion would be placed
All of these elements of staffing have a positive relationship with the development of the company.
HRM Planning process and Staffing are some of the major activities and elements associated with the productivity and efficacy of an organization. Both of these elements and activities should be used comprehensively by the organizations to conduct effectiveness and volubility. The activities of HR planning and eight elements of staffing have a direct and positive relationship with the productivity and development of an entity.
Armstrong, M., & Cummins, A. (2011). The reward management toolkit (1st ed.). London: Kogan Page.
Belcourt, M., McBey, K., & McBey, K. (2010). Strategic human resources planning (1st ed.). Toronto: Nelson Education.
Bhattacharyya, D. (2009). Human resource development (1st ed.). Mumbai: Himalaya Pub. House.