The recession of the past few years has the many people searching for employment today to worry about finding a job appropriate for their skill level and education as well as job security. Because of this, our team has located two employers whose businesses are increasing in profitability, Hooters and Twin Peaks restaurants, that offer jobs at a variety of skill and educational levels. We are enthusiastic that our proposal outline will offer excellent options to you as a potential employee in a recession-resilient aspect of the entertainment market.
Background and Goals
We have recently completed an investigation of a profitable sector of the food and entertainment market that may be interesting to you as a potential employee, specifically the Hooters and Twin Peaks restaurant chains. Hooters is the older and larger chain, with over 480 restaurants in 28 nations, known for its girl-next-door “Hooters Girls” (“About Hooters”). Twin Peaks is a newer chain, setting itself as a more upscale venue with its mountain-lodge theme and “Twin Peaks Girls” (“Benefits”). One of the best reasons to consider working for this type of restaurant is because they have proven to be profitable even during the lowest point of the recent recession (“Breastaurant Boom”). While both restaurant chains appear to be similar in concept with their bar, grill, and attractive female wait-staffs, we would like to show the many options each chain offers to a potential employee such as yourself. Specifically, the purpose of our proposal is to
- Describe the restaurants themselves, including what kind of atmosphere they have, what kind of customers they attract, similarities and differences in specific products such as food, beverages, events, and other amenities;
- Describe the available jobs each company offers and the skills or education required for each type of job;
- Compare similar jobs at each company and consider the pros and cons between them in areas such as scheduling, benefits, wages and salaries;
- Explore opportunities for career advancement in each company;
- Examine the expansion or decline of each company as a whole to reflect job security.
About Hooters. Hooters, n.d. Web. Accessed 14 Feb. 2014 from http://www.hooters.com/
Benefits. Twin Peaks Restaurants, n.d. Web. Accessed 14 Feb 2014 from http://www.twinpeaksrestaurant.com/wp-content/uploads/Twin-Peaks_Benefits-Flyer_Print.pdf
Breastaurant Boom: Hooters-Style Eateries Experience A Mini-Boom. Fox News, 24 Jun. 2012. Web. <http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/06/24/breastaurant-boom-hooters-style-eateries-experience-mini-boom/>.