I want to emphasize the need for adhering to the key components of company policies on the acceptable use of email and text messaging. The policy states that the use of email and accessibility of internet should be applied for company-oriented business only. The company recognizes the need of each member, in terms of using the email and text messaging networks because they facilitate effective communication within the company. Consequently, the management team wish to inform members of the paramount need of maintaining company’s credibility and public image. More so, use of email and text messaging should be applied for improving the productiveness of the company. It is for the best course of the company that all members use emails and text messaging in a responsible manner that eliminates personal interest. As such, the company policies highlight the following as unacceptable, in relation to the use of emails and text messaging:-
- Sending personal messages using the company’s email and engaging in private charts such as instant messaging while working.
- Solicitation and conspiracy act using the company email and texting addresses. Additionally, sending derogatory, abusive, threatening or racist messages using the company’s email address. Such is regarded as a criminal offence.
- Using the company’s email to conduct illegal activities such as fraud and cheating. In addition, leaking confidential information and sending defamatory information violate the privacy of the company.
- Sending malicious programs that interfere with the security of the computer system in the company. What is more, sending and receiving unauthorised materials using company’s name such as pornography.
- Creating of unnecessary congestion and disruption of the emailing and messaging network. More so, deleting, hiding emails or making company’s information accessible to the outside party. Overall, accessing unauthorised email and texting addresses of the company is considered unethical.
Consequently, to reinforce email and text messaging policy, the company aims at conducting an inclusive campaign on the subject. What is more, the company will like to emphasise on the following:-
- Members will account for the content of the text and information sent through the use of company’s addresses. More so, the identity of the members must be revealed when using such addresses
- Members must not use company’s email to retrieve or send derogatory, abusive and unproductive information. More so, violation on the same is regarded as a criminal offence.
- Members should not send and retrieve malicious program. All programs must be registered, recognized and passed by the company’s management.
- The company monitors the usage of email and text messaging network for security and productivity purposes. In fact, information sent and retrieved using company’s addresses are part of the company’s property. In fact, the company is obligated to access email and text messaging networks for analysis.
- Violation of email and text-messaging company policies will result to taking corrective action. These include the termination of services and taking up necessary legal action against the member.
Overall, the above policies aim at creating a favourable working environment, in the line of improving productivity, credibility and effectiveness of the company. What is more, members must affirm on receiving and understanding the above requirements to the human resource manager via company email. In the case of clarification on the same, member should consult their respective supervisors. Let us strive to respect and implement the above policies. Thank you for being part of this company.