There are many leadership theories on many topics. Similarly, the public health also has leadership theory present.Leadership is a creativity that is made when individual has knowledge regarding present and has learned from past. Leadership needs a person whose visions usually clear and has ability to make things in real. Leaders need to work with others so that their nature should be easy to understand.
The public health leadership is a commitment with public and give important to their values. A community where public is present on large scale requires thinking orientation of system. In the public health sector, it concern with both local and global perspective. The leaders do commitment to do social justice with public present around and their followers. These leaders also give values to their public and understand them as well. The leaders that belong to public health behave like models to act. It is important for the leaders to act in effective manners and remain an example for the followers so that they will concentrate towards their leaders for longer period. Leaders are those that bring creativity and uniqueness in the environment.
For leaders, it is important to select a leadership style that helps them to attract their followers more. There are many leadership styles present such as democratic, authoritarian and paternalistic etc. Simple leadership style which a leader use in the business is different than public health leadership style.Similarly, a leader in business only think to generate profits in their businesses, whereas a public health leader think about the social justice for his followers. The public health leader focuses towards the equality, dignity, and human being of his followers.
Similarly, these leaders required proper evaluation in the community to give priority to the health only. The status of health needs proper population, which will reduce the negative impact that can be occurring in public health whereas, these leaders make policies for future that will be made on the experiences that the leaders faces in their pasts. The main objective in public health is to improve the public health in active manners so that promotions and diagnosis in disease will be easily possible. The leader of public health plays a vital role to promote and develop a proper sense in between community members. The leadership that is promoted by the leaders in public health is usually work together in such a way, which protect the members of community both, locally and globally .
A leader is one who has following things present for their purpose and values including:
- Leading: In public health, the leaders need to make things in proper manners. Proper planning is required along with contributing in social activities that attract the followers. Further, the leader needs to show the visions to followers in proper manners so they will understand and act for leaders who belong to public health have certain qualities, certain values and attitudes, which make them, separate from others.
- Communicating: In public health, the leader needs to communication in such a way that influence his followers as well as conversation must be clear to understand the visions. In the social changes, it is important to be up to date with tools and technologies that the leader usually does.
- Engaging: The community present within the public health is engage to explore the vision and narrate it. The leader needs to work with collaboration and share the vision with the community. Along with this, the leader gets creative ideas from the followers to work and bring things accurately.
- Developing: Similarly, the community will show their understanding by following the leader in an active manner. Hence, the social change is required to bring the development in the public health both locally as well as global perception.On other hand, the social change that is bring by the leader is an experiment which he does time to time to bring a change which suits best to the followers.
Ecologies for changing existing: It is important that public health leaders required certain social changes. However, these leaders made ecologies that provide certain opportunities to value the change. These leaders share different values and beliefs in their system to bring the change. These ecologies for changing include a proper system within it.
The system features are given below:
- It is a system that consumers more self-regulation resources.
- This system is adaptive in nature and resilient to change.
- Different communities that coexist in stability that is relative in the system.
It is identify that leaders play an essential role in bringing change. This change can be social that is important element in public health. Similarly, the public heath infrastructure needs much strength in their core functions. However, it is important to bring changes in the services as per the demand of the public.
Gardner, J. W. (1993). On Leadership. Free Press.
Jackson, N. (2014, October 14). Some thoughts on teachers as social leaders. Retrieved from http://www.normanjackson.co.uk/scraps-of-life-blog