I am Curious
Many people tend to observe sex related activities with pleasure and promiscuity when practiced in the wrong occasions. The observance of sex only for procreation and pleasure is a mind-set that the current society has focused on currently. Nevertheless, that is just the icing of the cake; sexual life among partners has a positive influence on the health of both partners. Sex has been said to stir hormones that reduce the chances of antiviruses surviving in one’s bodies. Research conducted at Wilkes University shows those students who have sex once or twice a week have higher immunity as compared to those who have sex less frequently. A good sexual life increases the levels of antibodies on the partners thereby boosting their immunities. The studies also goes on and mention that having sex should be boosted with other normal activities in order to ensure that one has the right immunity. Immunity will be boosted if coupled up with the right eating habits, staying active, sleeping enough, vaccinations and use of condoms when required.
Apart from the immune system, a good sexual life boost one’s Libido, improves the woman Bladder Control, Minimizes acne, lowers blood pressure, lowers the risk of a heart attack and counts as physical activities to the body.
There are exist many sources and one need to identify which sources to use and those not to use. This can be identified through evaluation of the credibility of the sources available. For one to make a valid argument one must have credible sources, and this entails evaluation of the source to make sure that it is valid.
There are various types of sources and this include peer-reviewed sources, online sources, scholarly articles and various materials one could about including blogs. Peer-reviewed sources are articles that are evaluated by experts of the field before they are published. Peer review articles include those of university press, scientific publishers and professional societies. Online sources include sources such as articles that have been published online for convenience purposes. There also exist publisher books and other materials such as blogs that may be used as a source of referencing when performing academic research.
Evaluating an online source involves identifying the authorship, publishing body, currency, perspectives, coverage and accuracy or verifiability.
- Can the author be identifiable?
- Does the author professionalize in the field?
- Is the book linked to a known established authority?
- Has the author included his or her contacts?
- Are you able to contact the sponsoring organization or the webmaster through the publisher’s page?
- Is the site of the publisher sponsored by a respectable organization?
- Is the type of material appropriate for the research conducted?
- Does the website of the publisher include the insignia of the sponsors?
- Can the relevant dates pertain the source be identified?
- Does the source include the process of how it is being updated?
- Does it have a copyright date listed?
- Can the goal of the source be identified?
- Has the source clearly stated the sources?
- Does the text on the source relate to the images?
- Is the perspective of the source appropriate for the academic use?
- Are all the concepts captured?
- Does the author show familiarity with the point in the discussion?
- Does the source provide links that could provide additional sources?
- Has the source acknowledged any other source?
- Does the source have a complete and thorough bibliography?
- Is the school of thoughts and theories used appropriately?
Accuracy or Verifiability
- Is the material comparable to the existing sources?
- Has the source provided its methodology?
- Have the source provided a bibliography or links that could be used for comparison?
- Are the links from the bibliography or the sites named validly?
- Does the source have many errors, mechanical errors?
- Are the text and the images correctly presented?
For the determining the degree of credibility, an academic article, the Likert scale could be used. By the use of this scale, one can be in a position to rank the sources depending on the on the ones he or she sees as more reliable and relevant to the topic under study.
The ratings may be represented in this way:
- Strongly credible
- Neither credible nor incredible
- Strongly not credible
- "10 Surprising Health Benefits of Sex." N.p., Web. <http://www.webmd.com/sex-relationships/guide/sex-and-health>.
The online webpage starts by emphasizing that sex is not only meant for pleasure but also has its own benefits. The article goes on to highlight the 10 major benefits of having sex frequently with one partner. The author insists that on sex as good for the health of the participants. In the ten benefits, the author has carefully explained each of the benefits and their content.
Kara Mayer Robinson is a well-known author for the WebMD site. She has received many positive reviews on her work. Though she is not a professional in the areas, she is known to write relevant information that are reliable as she gives references for her work and bibliographies. This article is credible.
- Dineen, C W. "The Hidden Health Benefits of Sex." Women Health Magazine 12 Mar. 2014: n. pag. Print.
- "The expert says ＂ sexual life conduce treats whelk ＂ Medical Information." N.p., Web. <http://118.114.at/a/112233/Dossier/2010/0624/1887.html>.
In the article, there is persuasion of the reader of the relation between the frequency of sexual activities and presence of acne. The article tries to convince the reader that increase in sex reduces the number of acne that a person may have on the skin. The article being from a medicinal origin elaborates in specific the way sex increases certain hormones, increasing the levels of antibodies thereby reducing acne on the skin.
The article being from a well-known body, health and disease, gives relevantly and trusted materials. For this, the source is strongly credible as the publishing body can be trusted.
- Faun, R R. Sex in China: Studies in Sexology in Chinese Culture. Plenum Press, 1991. Print.
In this book, the author starts by describing the ancient assumptions that the Chinese people held about sex. Since china is a diverse country with a variety of cultures, the author explains in details all the perspective of sex from the point of view of these cultures. The book goes on to explain the view of sex from the present point of view illustrating how sex is viewed. The author goes on and describes how the society holds their views on Homosexuality, transvestism, lesbianism, transsexuals and prostitution. After all these, he focuses on the benefits of having sex with people of the opposite sex lighting their medical advantages.
- French, D, K. Vedhara, and J. Weinman. Handbook of Behavioral Medicine: Methods and Applications. 2nd ed. Library of Congress, 2010. Print.
The book starts by giving a brief description of behavioral medicine to the reader. The book then continues focusing on the new techniques and emerging trends in the application of behavioral medicine. The book is divided into 10 sections and one of the sections talks about sexual activities among humans. In this section, the book highlights the advantages and disadvantages of sex thereby not leaving anything behind.
- "Health Benefits of Sex - Surprising Benefits of Sex for Women - Woman's Day." N.p., Web. <http://www.womansday.com/sex-relationships/sex-tips/8-surprising-health-benefits-of-sex-102017>.
It is commonly known that women benefit more from sex as compared to men with respect to pleasure. The theory still stands according to this article in relation to health also. Therefore, the article focuses on the benefits that the women accrue from having sex health wise. The article focuses on eight way on how women could benefit from having sex and this include the most thing women always want to hear, getting thinner.
The article, written by Sarah Jio and posted in worldwide-recognized websites attracts more readers due to its exposure. Though the writer is not well recognized, the websites sell her a s a good writer hence some trust levels. This source is neither credible or incredible.
- "Health Benefits of Sex | The Rubin Report." N.p., Web. <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koSGWkSsVO8>.
In this video, aired from the University of Quebec at Montreal, highlight the common benefits of sex to the common people. The video states that a study conducted in the university has taken sex as a form of exercise and can be compared to walking, jogging and playing a sport like tennis. Therefore, they concluded that sex could help the people to kip fitness and increase their fat metabolizing rate by practicing it more often.
The research was conducted is a well-known university in Montreal and is known for its successful studies and researches that are conducted. The source is Credible.
- Raven, K. "A good sex life can help older couples cope with illness and other difficulties."Washington Post 3 Mar. 2014: n. page. Print.
In the article, the author concentrates on the sexual nature of the older people. The author states that the older generations have a chance of having better health through engaging in frequent sex activities. This stimulates their hearts hence keeps their heart pumping at a sportsman rate thereby reducing chances of heart attacks and other age related diseases.
- "Stanford Doctors Discuss A Healthy Sexual Life: What Everyone Needs to Know." N.p., Web. <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOq_FZsxcd4>.
In the video, Stanford doctors have a chat on the effects of sex both positive and negative. They venture into sexual transmitted diseases as an effect sex and also then positive health consequences of having sex. The article, therefore, educates the viewers of the advantages of having sex, as well as, the disadvantages.
The presenters being professionals in the area have more experience hence give detailed explanations of their arguments. The content of the video is not general but specific to my case research. The source if ‘Strongly credible’.
- Stein, R. "Elderly Staying Sexually Active." Washington Post 23 Aug. 2013: n. pag. Print.
An older couple above the age of 80 that has more sex, as opposed to another older, couple will tend to be healthier as opposed to a couple that does not have sex frequently. Sex is known to stimulate various hormones and the blood-pumping rate of the individuals. Such actions greatly affect the health systems of individuals thereby increasing their living expectations.
"10 Surprising Health Benefits of Sex." N.p., Web. <http://www.webmd.com/sex-relationships/guide/sex-and-health>.
Dineen, C W. "The Hidden Health Benefits of Sex." Women Health Magazine 12 Mar. 2014: n. pag. Print.
"The expert says ＂ sexual life conduce treats whelk ＂ it i-Medical Information." N.p., Web. <http://118.114.at/a/112233/Dossier/2010/0624/1887.html>.
Faun, R R. Sex in China: Studies in Sexology in Chinese Culture. Plenum Press, 1991. Print.
French, D, K. Vedhara, and J. Weinman. Handbook of Behavioral Medicine: Methods and Applications. 2nd ed. Library of Congress, 2010. Print.
"Health Benefits of Sex - Surprising Benefits of Sex for Women - Woman's Day." N.p., Web. <http://www.womansday.com/sex-relationships/sex-tips/8-surprising-health-benefits-of-sex-102017>.
"Health Benefits of Sex | The Rubin Report." N.p., Web. <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koSGWkSsVO8>.
Raven, K. "A good sex life can help older couples cope with illness and other difficulties."Washington Post 3 Mar. 2014: n. pag. Print.
"Stanford Doctors Discuss A Healthy Sexual Life: What Everyone Needs to Know." N.p., Web. <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOq_FZsxcd4>.
Stein, R. "Elderly Staying Sexually Active." Washington Post 23 Aug. 2013: n. pag. Print.