Social Media: Summary of Six Unique Points
Three Questions on Areas that Need More Clarifications
1. Under the topic Honeycomb Framework of Social Media, the article presented functional building blocks. It would have been more informative to provide a description, overview or definition of the framework and how this framework is to be applied, clearly and specifically in the social media platform. This is interesting to know since a historical background of the framework’s origin would provide crucial information that would assist in enhanced understanding of the topic and its applicability in contemporary settings.
2. On the topic of Internet usage effects which provided different statistics on social media usage, one would have wanted to know what implications do these figures and statistics provide to various users or where are these figures mostly applied? This is interesting to know since apart from the provision of data, readers’ understanding would be enhanced when it would be emphasized how these information are used by various industries, organizations, or even by individual users.
3. When information on criticisms were presented, how would these criticisms be addressed to counter negative impact (if and when disclosed) or to promote positive effects of social media? It is interesting to find out, aside from negative criticisms, other positive reactions and responses that significantly support any marked improvements in the lives and endeavors of users of social media.
Three Interesting Points
1. The effects of social media on interpersonal relationships are very interesting to know, especially since it has affected diverse facets of life: including impact of face-to-face interactions, communication, and even addiction to social media.
2. The issue on privacy is another interesting point because the issues regarding pervading personal privacy and confidentiality seem to continue to pervade contemporary settings, especially including employer-related intrusion beyond the work setting.
3. Ownership of social media content is still another fascinating area of interest because through the easy access and availability of voluminous information, there are in fact tendencies to assume ownership of media content with irresponsible regard to seek permission from authorized owners.