I have been encouraged to contact you concerning a position in your esteemed company. My current work with HSBC Global Banking and Markets has truly been a positive experience, one that I have excelled in and been appreciated for hard work. I am a committed individual who has excellent skills of interpersonal relationship building with clients and am spontaneous and prompt in all communication. I can maintain order, execute multiple projects with accuracy and I need little direction to complete assigned tasks. These are some of the basic qualities I believe make me an excellent candidate for the position in your company.
Over the years, I have established operational bases for projects/programs and provided direction to ensure the progress targets and deadlines were met. I am a motivator and organizer. Teamwork is necessary for organizational cohesiveness and this is another area where my workmanship has been proved. My leadership skills are developed and have allowed me to spontaneously interact with ethnically diverse populations and all age groups. I am confident that I can be an asset to your group as I have a valuable experience and knowledge to fulfill the responsibilities of the required role in your company.
I will appreciate the opportunity to meet and further discuss my qualifications and abilities in relation to the available position in your company.
AVP Analyst who has worked in various capacities in the financial services industry. Responsibilities include strong regulatory background, including KYC, BSA, and Patriot Act; and all matters related to the preparation, review and filling of relevant regulatory reports. Has an extensive experience in monitoring internal systems and risk identification. A team player and leader who is attentive to every minute detail and able to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment.
HSBC Securities (USA) Inc.
AVP Analyst, 2010 – Present
New York, NY
– Assess current risk rating for all the new Global Banking Markets and Payment Cash Management clients, such as local and foreign banks, broker dealers, investment advisers, Hedge Funds, multinationals, corporations and trust corporations.
– Control flow of new clients by assigning them a unique ID, entering them into the KYC system, new business tracker and ensuring accurate reporting.
– Ensure that all client relationships have undergone the appropriate client identification screening prior to opening a new account and entering into trading or loan transactions.
– Perform KYC review for new clients by analyzing client identification screenings, source of wealth, ownership structure, nature of business and reputation. Determine appropriate client specific risk factors before providing an opinion about accepting or terminating a relationship.
– Conduct risk-based AML enhanced Due Diligence for SCC (Special Category) and high risk institutional clients through preparation of risk assessment reports reviewed by AML Compliance and Business Line senior management.
– Identify, document, and report to AML Compliance and management, all KYC/AML related violations or potential risks uncovered from the ongoing KYC or enhance Due Diligence client reviews.
– Review the production of KYC risk assessment reports and KYC reviews produced by the off-shore teams, and also to ensure that these are in compliance with anti-money laundering, anti-terrorism financing, anti-bribery and corruption, economic sanctions and other federal and international financial laws and regulations.
– Validate and certify foreign institutional legal documents written in Spanish, used as primary required documents for KYC review completion.
– Onboarding of Private Bank and Commercial Market clients through the Attestation process. Responsible for tracking and reporting of clients on-boarded through this process and continue re-certification.
– Conduct daily conference calls with off-shore Team Leads to address issues or concerns, training of new processes or procedures, and provide/request updates on on-going projects.
– Support Relationship Managers and sales teams by providing guidance for client’s base AML/KYC required information and documentation.
HSBC Bank NA
AVP Operations Officer, 2007 – 2010
– Conducted Enhance Due Diligence on new individual and commercial clients, and referred to Compliance officer when appropriate.
– Reviewed and approved new individual and commercial accounts, opened by the sales representatives, by ensuring client identification and KYC requirements were in compliance with the USA Patriot Act and AML policies and regulations.
– Coached and trained new employees on KYC and AML policies and procedures, customer service delivery, and bank products.
– Performed mid-year and year-end performance reviews to six branch employees.
– Performed monthly and quarterly audits on working cash, online remittance and negotiable instruments.
– Was responsible for monthly reconciliation of general ledger accounts of three branches of the bank.
– Was responsible for corporate audit results. Ensured that daily banking operations were in accordance with the bank’s policy and procedures.
– Worked as Officer in-charge for Branch Managers.
Personal Banker, 2003 – 2007
– Opened new accounts for business and individual clients while educating them about the products.
– Resolved customer complaints/issues promptly and effectively.
– Helped clients on different operational needs such as wire transfers and currency exchange.
– Achieved personal production goals by expanding existing relationships and acquiring new businesses.
– Interfaced with Insurance and Investment partners to enhance ongoing communication with regard to existing and future customer needs.
– Created sales/service activities within the Financial Center such as seminars, micro-marketing events, promotional campaigns and product initiatives.
– Acted as a back-up for Operations Manager whenever required.
Co-Treasurer, 2009 – 2010
Treasurer, 2010 – 2011
Vice-President of Volunteers, 2011 – 2012
– Handled team registration of new and recurring members.
– Managed Swim Team accounting and reporting functions.
– Processed payroll for five contractors on a bi-weekly basics.
– Followed through timely and accurate month-end closings and financial reporting activities.
– Assisted the Accountant on filing of taxes.
– Handled diversified Accounts Payable/Receivable and expense control procedures, including bank and account reconciliation, cash receipts, disbursements, finance charges, billings, invoicing, purchase order/inventory verification, charge-backs, rebates, and preparation of bank deposits.
– Created yearly budget and revised as appropriate during the year.
New England College of Business and Finance, Boston, MA
Pursuing Master of Science in Business Ethics and Compliance
Expected graduation December 2013 – GPA: 3.70/4.0
Sacred Heart University, Fairfield, CT
B.S.Degree in Accounting – Cum Laude GPA: 3.59/4.0
Sacred Heart University, Fairfield, CT
A.S. Degree in Business Administration – Magna Cum Laude GPA: 3.64/4.0
Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist (CAMS), NY
Lexis Nexis, OneSource, World Check, Bankers Almanec, Outlook, SharePoint, Internet, KYC Lotus Notes, AIM
Microsoft Office 2003 and 2010 (PowerPoint, Excel, Access, Word).
Fluent in Spanish Language