Management Consulting Job
Management Consulting indicates both the practice of, and the industry of assisting organization to improve their performance through the analysis of the business that exists and has problems. It is a service industry that gives advice to those in charge or operating the business.
I chose to give a report of this particular job because I am quite familiar with this particular field. Moreover, the job reward job analysis of this particular job is given in details.
Below are the methods of conducting job analysis for this particular job:
1. The job analyst has to visit the job site and critically observe workers performing their jobs. During the tour the analyst has to get materials that directly indicate required skills.
2. The analyst is then supposed to meet with the group of incumbents or workers. Finally he/she needs to undertake survey. In this particular case, job analysts are typically industrial or Human Resource Officers who have been trained by the supervision of a management consultant.
3. Last but not least, the analysts and certification test developers have to use questionnaires although the content of the questionnaires are gathered through focus groups or interviews.
There are ways of writing task statements and sorts of problems that one may encounter in asking a job incumbent to write this kind of statement. Below are ways of writing task statement:
1. Task statement should be written using the same tense.
2. The task should be written at a level that may be read and comprehended by a person with the same reading ability as the typical job incumbent.
3. One action should be done to one subject. For example, if the statement includes the word ‘’and’’ it may have various action or object e.g. ‘’Types correspondents to be taken to vendors’’ has one object and one action.
The problem that one may encounter when asking job incumbent to write the statement is the unwillingness of the incumbent to respond accordingly. The incumbent may lack time to write the statement because he/she might be busy with his/her duty. This delays the process of undertaking the job analysis. The analyst has to request time for the statement in advance from the incumbent. This will enable the incumbent to schedule his program prior to the task.