Business model analysis
Business model Analysis
Following a critical analysis of the case study of cable ways ltd provided multiple aspects of the customer segment and key activities were identified.
- Some of the groups cable ways ltd aims to serve are in the telecommunications, security, entertainment, and healthcare sectors of the economy. However, the telecommunication industry forms the major customer segment.
- The organization’s customer types are both individual and corporate clients.
- Customer needs met by cable ways ltd include;
Fibre optic solutions, healthcare equipment needs, plant cabinets needs as well as universal mounting system needs.
- Value preposition: the organization seeks to offer customized solutions to suit the customers’ needs in the different sectors of operations.
The organizations uses mainly direct sales and marketing to reach out to its customers. It is pertinent to note that due to the complexity of the products the organization offers a key person analysis is considered (Frisendal, 2012).
- Partnership with appointed distributors across different regions.
- Production and control of the factories assembly line.
- Engineering design to suite customer specifications
- Product development
- Fabrication of products
- Marketing of products and product quality controls and tracking
- Market surveys to analyze the response of consumers to the products acquired.
The organization uses a cost structure where the cost of all variable inputs to a product is itemized and then an approximation of the fixed cost included in the total cost of production.
Frisendal, T. (2012). Design thinking business analysis business concept mapping applied. Berlin: Springer.
Johri, A. (2010). Business analysis. Mumbai, India: Himalaya Pub. House.