I write to apply for the post of TV Media Planner position your organization. I am interested in pursuing professional journalism and public relations, both at the international and national arena. I believe that by participating at all levels in policy debate and analysis, I will be able to succeed in my career and improve public relations. I find the position at Major Player the best option for me to achieve my objectives.
I am currently undertaking a bachelor’s degree of Arts in Communications with a major in Communications Studies and a minor in Mass Communication. I am going to complete my degree in 2015. I have a vast experience working with the media. I have worked for Al Mintaqah ash Sharqiyah Broadcasting Corporation as a kids’ program reporter. I have also worked in a business setting enhancing my public relations skill.
I believe I can work with your company and hence request for an opportunity to present myself for an interview. Given the chance I can justify my ability to plan a successful multimedia promotion with effective utilization of resources given my experience. I have been able to work independently and am self motivated. I would be pleased to join your company, and work to achieve the set goals.
A student with experience in business Writing and Drafting News writing qualified in mass communication as a journalist and Public Relations management, Photojournalism, Editing, Editorial writing, writing press statement and organizing media events. Has experience in publishing and has done communication research and content analysis.
Keen in participating at all levels in policy debate and analysis and new communication World order. Also keen in pursuing professional journalism and public relations, both at the international and national arena
CAREER OBJECTIVES (VISION)
Frostburg State University – November 2010 to date
- Major: Communications Studies
- Minor: Mass Communication
Member of the Student Communication Studies Association
- Participates in social networking activities such as open discussions about life issues facing the youth
- Participation in mock interview dinners, workshops that enhance communication skills
- Attending conference travels that help promote communication and public relations learning
Children Program Reporter
Al Mintaqah ash Sharqiyah Broadcasting Corporation- – Jan 2008 to Jan 2010
- Come prepared to assist program editors in coming up with story ideas.
- Come with story ideas of which other staff members are unlikely to be aware concerning kids
- Come with ideas for exclusive children content.
Public Relations coordinator (Volunteer) – Jan to April 2010
International Non Government Relief Food Organization
- Created and edited the press releases about Refugees and their conditions in the camps visited
- Planned and coordinated conferences with refugees on life motivating and life survival skills
- Prepared a detailed report on the refugees conditions and related statistics presented to the headquarters
- Conducted research, wrote and published on refuges the opportunities for them to go on with their life when they settled.
- Good communication skills-written and spoken in U.S English and Arabic.
- Enjoy working on my own initiative or in a team.
- Self motivated, initiative and able to work with minimum supervision
- Tolerant and flexible-adjusts to different situations
- Problem solving skills
- Capable of adapting to changes, Quick leaner.
- Computer Literacy-Familiar with Microsoft office, windows 98, XP and Windows 7
- Regular PC and internet user- confident in ability to grasp new skills
- Full clean driving license
- Keen interest in community service.
- Local and international social economical and political dynamics.
- Current affairs.
- Social Networking
- Reading and traveling.
Apply with CV
A unique opportunity with one of the world's leading broadcasters, this is an excellent opportunity to drive the multimedia promotional strategy across a portfolio of the media owner's channels, while ensuring efficient use of resources (airtime, continuity, creative).
Reporting to the Media Planning Manager you will be a main point of contact working across a portfolio of channels responsible for planning promotional activity to promote programs, products and services across the portfolio. This is an ideal role for a strategic thinker with a strong understanding of TV viewing behavior and the proven ability to ensure continued improvement of the planning process through research and analysis.
You will have a passion for multimedia planning and advertising, a good knowledge of TV viewing behavior, and the proven ability to influence and engage senior stakeholders. Experience using Infosys or another BARB viewing tool would be a bonus.
This is an ideal role for an experienced TV media planning specialist looking to stamp their mark in one of the world most prestigious broadcast companies / media owners. .
(The job advertisement was posted on June 7, 2013 in the online Guardian Newspaper)
I believe my level of education and the job specifications described in the job ad above provide stronger points for qualification. I have worked both in the media and business environment hence gained skills to enable me work as media planner. I have not worked on a TV viewing setting before but I believe by the time I complete my bachelor’s degree in communication studies, I will be able to work in the TV viewing setting.
I have also worked as a public coordinator volunteer equipping me with public engagement and relations experience. This will be very crucial when planning for advertisements meant for promotion. The experience I gained from working in an insurance company is a boost to planning product promotions. It will also help me influence major stakeholders for the multimedia promotion, ensuring effective utilization of resources.