Customer Oceanic Properties
Ayman Al-Hussain has been assigned as a project manager for the Oceanic Properties/Palm Grove Project. Ayman Al-Hussain is responsible for supervising the project and has to make sure that it is completed in accordance with this charter. Ayman Al-Hussain is also in charge of communication within the company, therefore he has to ensure smooth information exchange between functional managers , who are involved in the project. Project execution should be conducted in a way that customer satisfaction is given the highest priority by all the involved parties.
The project manager is responsible to
Ensure smooth communication and act as the primary contact for Wrights Construction Partners and Oceanic Properties.
Prepare a project plan for the Palm Grove construction, and get approval of that plan from the responsible functional managers.
Define clear responsibilities within the team.
Regularly evaluate the performance of the team and give each member individual feedback.
Control the overall progress of the project and make sure all the important deadlines are met.
Continuously monitor customer satisfaction and obtain customer feedback on the progress of the project.
Collect all the data related to the project in a project binder.
Regularly report the status of the Palm Grove Project to the related managers.
The project manager's authority includes
Contacting Oceanic Properties regarding all the matters related to the Palm Grove Project.
Contacting responsible functional managers regarding all the issues related to this project. Directing the team, who is working on the project.
Keep track of the project budget and make sure that project budget targets are met
Access to project reports, including financial overview of the project expenditures, project timeline and attendance.
Participate in responsibility delegation together with the responsible functional managers to functional team members.
Take contingency measures outside of the project plan, if the success of the project is jeopardized by any unforeseen circumstances.
Tool 1 Project Charter
Vision: The project aims to deliver Palm Grove complex in a timely manner with careful consideration of the quality of the new homes and the scope of the project.
Project Objectives: Project aims to develop every property within 4 months after the order placement. The whole complex should be completed in 9 months after the beginning of the project, since in 9 months all the houses in Palm Grove are expected to be sold to the customers. The activities to be performed by the Wrights Construction include infrastructure instalment, constructing a marketing complex, as well as building every house together with the adjacent recreation areas.
Scope Statement: The scope of the project includes five major categories. Firstly, Oceanic Properties has to develop infrastructure of the Palm Grove Complex, together with the drainage, roads and wall, surrounding the complex. Secondly, the company should construct two showcase houses, as well as the landscape and furnishing. Thirdly, the Marketing Office should be constructed in the building in a way that it can later be transformed into the canteen. In the next step, each home should be built, together with the gardens and initial landscaping. Lastly, recreation facilities, such as a park should be built by the Wrights Construction.
- The project is concentrated on the infrastructure, showcase construction, building of the actual houses and the recreation infrastructure.
- A detailed timeline should be designed in order to estimate time it takes for a construction of one house, in order to be on time with the 4 months delivery.
- Ensure the delivery of every new house maximum in 4 months after the building has been sold to the final customer.
- The whole complex is supposed to be sold in 9 months, therefore all the works should be finalized by the 9 month deadline.
- Customer orders should be constantly monitored, so that the company is aware of the fact that a house should be delivered in 4 months.
- Responsibilities for the project and separate activities in the project should be defied.
- Resources, dedicated for the construction should be carefully evaluated.
- Monitor the quality of the work performed and its adherence to the company standards and customer specifications.
- Constant communication with the project customer should be established, in order to obtain regular feedback on the project’s progress.