Cannondale Mountain is a manager of global marketing in the Cannondale Mountain Segment. He is responsible for the development and implementation of new ideas for creating marketing strategy. Further, the collaboration between Global Marketing Team, R&D, External Agencies, PMD and more segment mangers will lead to execute and provide continuous stories about the product related to the segment of the brand present globally.
It is essential for the managers to conduct educational programs and get prepared for sales meetings. Also, involvement into presentations, road shows, or other events are effective for the internal and external customers. Such stories have covered in the company’s catalog by showing creativity and relevancy with the market.
2) How are they "touching" and "attracting" global customers? What do you think?
- Formidable marketing through borders
- Opportunities are great.
- Mistakes can be costly
KEY TO SUCCESS
- Share best practices
- Market entry
- Reaching buyer
- Avoid common mistakes
- Global marketing methods
- Improve current efforts
DEVELOP A GLOBAL STRATEGY
- Align global marketing plans with corporate strategy
- Elements of a globally strategy
- Product/service to export
- No desire only research based target market
- Accurate evaluation of company competitor’s buyers
Elements of a global strategy:
- Internal and external resources
- Realistic expectations for results
- Appropriate funding
- Marketing approach and tactics
- Educate entire company about the global vision
- Goal=attracting loyal customers
- Action=service/a product offering that is:
- On brand
You need to know:
- Unique selling proposition
- Competitive differentiation
- Current presence in target markets
KNOW YOUR MARKETS
- Identify demand and potential
- Current contacts
- Cannondale (www.cannondale.com)
- Trade and Industry Groups
- Who are they?
- How are we the same? Or different?
- Look for areas of opportunity
- Develop a customer profile
- Do they want what we have?
- Will they use it and how?
- Is restructuring required?
- How will they want us to support it?
- Are they fluent in my language?
- Are they using currency?
- What payment means have used by them?
- Internal processes are critical to success
- Leadership involvement
- Global Dream Team
- Is it necessary?
- Who needs to play?
GLOBAL DREAM TEAM
- Establish a team dedicated to global success
- Executive Committee
SUCCESSFUL MARKET ENTRY
- Get companywide commitment
- Research and map out the journey
- Proper funding
- Stick with what you know
- Package for differentiation
- Size it for the market
- Determine your global marketing method