Position: Administrative Assistant
Reporting to: Marketing Manager
Employment Status: Permanent, Full-time
This position will be responsible for providing administrative support to the Marketing team, including coordinating business activities and schedules of the department to ensure efficient and smooth flow of communication and operation.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Planning and organizing daily schedule of the department manager, including local and international travel itineraries, and logistical needs, as required.
- Prepare business communication, internally and externally on behalf of the department manager and/or team. This includes, but is not limited to, responding to emails and sending out mass advertising letters to target customers.
- Receive telephone calls, reports or official documents from clients or stakeholders, and relay these messages to concerned team member promptly and accurately.
- Coordinate team and external meetings, including organizing conferences and marketing events undertaken by the Marketing team. This involves collaborating with various stakeholders, making following-ups and participating in marketing activities, to ensure successful outcome of meetings/events.
- Perform administrative duties such as: organizing and maintaining critical files, tracking vacation schedules of the team to avoid conflicting schedules, and monitoring marketing activities, receiving and processing payments to suppliers, and resolving administrative issues as they arise.
- Facilitate preparation of Marketing reports and presentations to management and stakeholders. This entails gathering data and assisting in preparing PowerPoint presentations.
- Perform other tasks as may be assigned.
- Must have completed college level; with over five years of work experience in the same field.
- Excellent verbal and written communication; with advance skills in MS Office: Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Must be organized and detail-oriented, and can handle confidential information.
- Resourceful, can handle multi-task and work with tight deadlines, a team-player.
Sample Job Requirements Checklist
Use the following checklists to analyze the demands of particular jobs in relation to the qualifications of job applicants. In order to measure the extent to which an activity is required in a job, place an A,B,C or N/A in each designated blank as follows:
A - Minor - Activity or condition exists less than 20% of work time.
B - Moderate - Activity or condition exists between 20-60% of work time.
C - Major - Activity or condition exists 60% or more of work time.
N/A - Not applicable
Standing _____ % Handling _____
Walking _____ % Fingering _____
Sitting _____ % Feeling _____
Lifting _____ lb. _____ Foot-Hand-Eye Coordination _____
Carrying _____ lb. _____ Other _________________ _____
Pushing _____ lb. _____
Climbing Ordinary _____
Stairs _____ Other_________________ _____
Other _________________ _____ Hearing
Balancing _____ Ordinary _____
Kneeling _____ Seeing
Crouching _____ Acuity - Near _____
Crawling _____ Acuity - Far _____
Turning/Twisting _____ Depth Perception _____
Bending at Waist _____ Accommodation _____
Other _________________ _____ Color Vision _____
Field of Vision _____
Other ________________ _____
Inside _____ %
Outside _____ %
Temperature Atmospheric Conditions
Constant cold _____ Fumes _____
Constant heat _____ Odors _____
Changing temperatures _____ Mists _____
Humidity or Damp _____ Oil/Grease _____
Noise Gases _____
Noise level (dB) _____ Ventilation _____
Exposure (hours/day) _____ Lighting _____
Other __________ _____
Mechanical _____ Protective Clothing or
Electrical _____ Personal Devices _____
Moving objects _____
Cramped quarters _____
Understand and carry out oral instructions. _____
Observe and read instruments, gauges, dials, etc. to determine operating
Identify and list production data such as quantities, pressures, alloys,
operating conditions. _____
Prepare detailed records or reports such as inventory records, receiving
reports, operating logs, lab analyses, quantities, etc. _____
Estimate size, form, quality or quantity of objects. _____
Estimate speed of moving objects. _____
Inspect, examine and observe for obvious product or equipment defects. _____
Inspect, examine and observe for product or equipment defects not easily
Count, make simple arithmetic additions and subtractions. _____
Compute and calculate amounts of additives, results of tests, etc. _____
Use measuring devices such as tapes, gauges, rules, weight scales, where
reading is direct and obvious. _____
Use measuring devices such as micrometers, calibrated steel tapes,
calipers, etc. where precision and interpretation are required. _____
Make routine lab tests, such as titrations, specify gravity, etc. _____
Plan and schedule movement or flow of materials or products. _____
Operate automotive equipment such as autos and trucks. _____
Operate industrials trucks such as forklifts, flat beds, tractors. _____
Operate overhead cranes and hoists. _____
Use non-power head tools such as hammers, wrenches, etc. _____
Use hand power tools. _____
Set up and operate machine tools such as lathes, milling machines,
saws, etc. _____
Assemble or disassemble objects. _____
Determine malfunctioning of units by observing. _____
Determine nature and location of malfunction. _____
Perform repair and maintenance of equipment. _____
Perform a journeyman craft activity. _____
Make adjustments to obtain specified operating conditions such as
turning valves; switches; moving and setting controls; adjusting
furnaces, pumps; etc. _____
Control activities of a single processing unit. _____
Control activities of several processing units. _____
Operate equipment requiring specialized knowledge of process. _____
Plan own work activities. _____
Plan work activities of others. _____
Direct work activities of others. _____
Coordinate work activities of others. _____
Train other workers. _____
Work alone. _____
Work as a member of a team. _____
Work without supervision. _____
Work with minimum amount of supervision. _____
Work under pressure. _____
Work rapidly for long periods. _____
Work on several tasks at the same time. _____
Adapted from American Express Company (2014). Creating an Effective Job Description.
Retrieved from http://www.smetoolkit.org/smetoolkit/en/content/en/8/Creating-an-Effective-Job-Description
Business Owner's Toolkit (2014). Job Requirements Checklist. Retrieved from
Business Owner's Toolkit (2014). Sample Job Description Form. Retrieved from