Bounce Fitness Centre
Marketing Plan Outline
1. Executive Summary
Marketing Opportunity options
Primary Target Market
Marketing Tactics and achievements
- Goal 1: We will market and advertise our product better than we are currently doing
- Strategies to accomplish goal
- Goal 2: Keep staff updated, educated, and trained in nutrition and the latest exercise programs/techniques
- Strategies to accomplish goal
- Goal 3: Increase gym membership
- Strategies to accomplish goal
- Goal 4: Conduct expert lectures
- Strategies to accomplish goal
Bounce Fitness is one of the North Sydney’s Premier Health & Fitness Provider. Sam Struthers had previously worked in the largest Gyms and Fitness Centres along Sydney’s Lower North Shore for more than 10 years. After this experience, he wanted a gym at the Sydney Bootcamp accessible to Beginners and a gym that has a soul. And thus he opened Bounce Fitness’ North Sydney Gym in 2010, in partnership with Tennis World. It aimed at providing clean and hassle free gym catering to the like minded people clearly focused and dedicated to the purpose of training. Bounce fitness centre creates an interactive atmosphere in his fitness center to encourage customers to choose the gym and be motivated. The products offered by the Bounce Fitness gym are cardio workouts, aerobics, tennis courts, boxing rings, personal training, Sports training, and all the updated training and physiotherapy equipment that are being used by competitive athletes all over the world. They provide equipment and services that enhance and improve the day to day activities and the performance of the trainees very effectively having a long term effect. They also provide for the proper planning with the help of experts to meet the needs of those who are beginning an exercise plan and/or joining for some specific ailment or target.
Bounce Fitness Centre provides its services and products in Sydney, Melbourne, and Brisbane. Although they serve for the target group of teenagers and adults of the age 20 to 40, for this proposal the target market group is a special one, that of the adults in their fifties to seventies. There has been a continuing trend now to quit bad habits that lead to unhealthy lifestyles. Increasingly people are working to stay fit and healthy. This means that there is a growing demand for work out facilities and health clubs. The product that Bounce Fitness aims at selling is membership to the gym. Diversity already plays a strong role at the Bounce Fitness so we believe this group will find our facilities and services attractive because we offer affordable prices, and provide a substitute for the social gatherings and Wellness Center.
In order to better promote Bounce Fitness Centre to the target market the first objective of this marketing plan is to provide better advertising that is currently being done in order to have more inquiries about gym membership June. In order to reach our marketing goals we are planning to implement some key marketing strategies that expand the current advertizing strategy.
This will be accomplished by sending out mailers introducing Bounce Fitness Centre, advertising on the radio and placing more signs showing the way to and directing towards where Bounce Fitness Centre are located. The second goal is to keep the staff at the gym updated, educated and trained in nutrition and exercise to increase current customer satisfaction, and invite experts on a bi-weekly basis. The outcome and usefulness of this application will be measured by a customer survey to be given in mid May to the present customers. The next goal is to bring in and increase the number of gym memberships of the target market group by June. To do this, Bounce Fitness Centre shall increase operating hours, offer a rounded off priced package of a personal trainer with gym membership, as well as keep the facility up to date. Also a study of the competitors of the Bounce Fitness was done and it was found that the community fitness programs and school facilities appeal to lower-income families whereas Forever Fit Gym, Better Bodies are the other two main stream competitors. A SWOT Analysis was performed to determine the areas of improvement that Bounce Fitness Centre needs to focus on, such as making their location easier to find and updating their website.
Upon evaluation of the action plan and strategies to accomplish the goals and objectives, it was found that $20,000 will be needed to implement this marketing plan. After implementing the marketing plan, the company will evaluate the outcomes of the plan to see if the objectives and goals were accomplished.
Marketing Opportunity Options
The following SWOT analysis was conducted and the key strengths and weaknesses within the company were found. It broadly describes the strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats that are being faced by Bounce Fitness.
Results-oriented and pragmatic approach that attracts new customers and makes them stay for a longer period.
A well-researched, detailed health wellness program that is long-term in focus
Intensively trained staff and availability of experts.
The impracticality of being able to work on a high volume model of business
High costs associated with customized , individual service
The costs of attracting the target group.
Participation within a growing market
The large increase in clients that follows with the acceptance of Bounce Fitness’ program by a single company
The ability to leverage future quantitive analysis that supports the contention that long- term wellness programs have a significant, positive impact on the company.
Lack of immunity to an economic downturn
Potential competition from larger, well established competitors
A change in society where each and every individual begins to take far more responsibility for his/her health maintenance and the need for wellness centers and gyms decreases.
- Short term gym memberships available to suit transient job and living lifestyle
- No joining fees
- expert Personal Trainers
- Limited Gym Membership because no one likes an over crowded gym
- Open 7 days and 97 hours per week
- Free tennis court hire available for those interested
Bounce Fitness Centre wants to focus of a highly left out group as a target. After the passage of the mid-life of the people accepting the deterioration of their health with time becomes a common practice. Instead of focusing on the overall lifestyle, people tend to become laid back and do not think about developing their physical and mental strengths for their coming old age. Bounce wants to bring about a radical change in this thinking and behavior by providing very specialized training and services for the customers of this age group. This wellness strategy is a long- term efforts, combining both health promotion and exercise related activities planned for a positive change of the lifestyle.
Bounce Fitness will begin by targeting small to medium-sized businesses and the residential societies and colonies in the posh areas of Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane and Cairns. The first task is to spread awareness among the middle- aged about the health threats they are about to face in the coming years if they are not conscious about their health and wellness and convince them for the need to take health and wellness programs seriously. This will be accomplished by aggressively pursuing interaction and relationships with families on community meetings and social gatherings. Once a strong image is established, Bounce Fitness shall launch a branding campaign for the market hold in Sydney and Melbourne and then go for the expansion in Brisbane and Cairns.
The Centers will serve the community with quality, comprehensive, unique, and distinctive health programs and services. The employee team will expand upon the preventive services while improving the quality of life among participants through health and fitness services utilizing the state of the art equipments and practices. These programs will reflect members’ needs financially viable for all stakeholders.
1. Generate a 30% increase in membership sales of the target age group members
2. Increase market share in every 3 months
3. Continue to cultivate Bounce Fitness’ image as the pragmatic long-term wellness program provider.
These strategies are fully aligned with the overall strategy of Bounce to increase sales and brand itself as a premier and pragmatic solution for the health and wellness of the customers without compromising on the mental satisfaction of its customers. Approaching the middle age group strategically brings with it a lot of benefits. Firstly, this is a highly neglected group when talking about the wellness centre of gym usage. The spread of awareness shall make people of this age group feel comfortable about such options as the training shall be highly customized and for the common age group and those carrying out retired life shall be highly willing to give it a try. Secondly, conducting awareness camps in the community centers, not just sends out a message to those present and attending but also to those who could not join. Thirdly, Awareness programs when targeted to the middle age group shall also send out a message to the teenagers and the adults in their 20s 30s and 40s. This also brands the image of the Centre as that of a dedicated group and increases the chances of more ans more people trusting our experts and staff. This in turn is promoting the brand in all the age groups and shall improve the overall membership sales in all the sections.
Marketing Tactics and achievements
Goal 1: We will market and advertise our product better than we are currently doing.
Objective: more and more people (50% increase) out of our target market will inquire about a gym membership and methods that we use for training by the 2nd month of advertising.
- Advertise on the Radio
- Advertise on popular radio stations among the target population. This will be done in the month of May and December (it is during this time of year that many make News Years Resolutions, and exercise is usually one of the most common resolutions people make.)
- Tennis, boxing and weight lifting competitions will be held. People can win prizes and winners will be announced over the radio.
- Send mailers to Target Market
- A graphic designer will be hired to create a postcard and flyers that is attractive to be mailed out. On the postcard, along with all the details, free sessions will be offered with a new or renewed membership at Bounce.
- Update current signs as well as add new signs
- Image branding will be worked on with the help of designers and health experts
Goal 2: Keep staff updated, trained, and educated in nutrition and the latest exercise programs/techniques.
- Hold monthly staff meetings or training sessions for all employees to attend featuring a guest speaker and expert emphasizing the latest information on nutrition and exercise, or discussing an article containing pertinent health information.
- Subscribe to three current health magazines
- The survey will include questions about the instructors, the facility, and the service.
- Have a suggestion box in the gym that customers can put ideas in. Also put a suggestion box online that website visitors can enter suggestions into.
- Keep gym equipment nice and up to date by making sure it is clean and aesthetically pleasing. Wipe down equipment each day. Place disinfectant spray bottles on each piece of equipment so users can clean it off if desired.
- When a new piece of equipment arrives, make sure customers know about it and have a chance to try it out
Goal 3: Increase gym membership.
Objective: Increase gym membership 30% by January with the target age group.
- Keep gym facility at a level to be able to compete
- Increase the hours of operation.
- Daily have a front desk employee clean the bathrooms/locker rooms, equipment, and courts.
- Have a front desk employee make sure outside of the facility is clean and pick up any garbage around the building or in the parking lot.
- Keep Current Members.
- Conduct customer survey and ask about customer satisfaction about the number or machines, courts and staff.
- Every 15 days update the webpage. Making sure the calendar of events is displayed at least a month in advance.
- Promote gym membership.
- training packages for the target groups.
Goal 4: Conduct expert lectures for the better understanding of the health issues for the target groups.
Objective : to attract more customers.
- Arrange for expert nutritionist lectures.
- Conduct physiotherapy lectures
- Conduct workshops for specific ailment types.
- Keep an in house dietician.
(Responsibility on General Manager, Marketing department)
Advertising Campaign 1 $ 8,000 Marketing
Advertising Campaign 2 $ 6,000 Marketing
Total Advertising Budget $ 14,000
(Responsibility on General Manager, Marketing department and General Manager, Public relations Department.)
Pamphlet Completion $ 1,400 Marketing
Total PR Budget $ 1,400
Direct Marketing Budget
Marketing Plan Completion $0
Total Direct Marketing Budget $ 0
Web Development Budget
(Responsibility on General Manager, Marketing department, General Manager, Sales Department & General Manager, Technical staff)
Web update Completion $ 9,200
Total Web Development
Total Other Budget $0
The owner of Bounce Fitness Centre will be in charge of making sure the action steps are carried out throughout the year according to the calendar. Once a month owner will place a letter to all employees regarding the activity of the month and the goals set for that month. He will be in charge of monitoring the progress of each action as well as the outcome of the goal and activities. At the end of the month each employee will have a chance to evaluate that month’s activities and goals and give suggestions to the owner for improvement as well as successes and failures of the goals and activities. We can monitor the new marketing efforts through brief surveys via email or phone calls.we will need to provide information about a promotion that is currently being run or offer a free visit in return for their time. These surveys will need to be conducted frequently so that we have accurate data to analyze. To ensure that the marketing efforts are on track, we will compare awareness survey results to the customer base at each year’s end to make sure our objectives are fulfilled.
At the end of the year Stroops will evaluate the success of the radio promotion by keeping attendance at the event as well as to see if people mentioned the ad on the radio and/or the flyers. To determine if the goal of increased current customer satisfaction was accomplished, it is necessary to read the trends found in the feedback surveys and forms.