The first site visited is the xobni.com site. Xobni was developed by Adam Smith and Matt Brezina in 2006. It is a plug-in for Outlook 2010 which makes searching a user’s inbox easier.
- Xobni allows one to easily search emails by simply typing keywords or the name of the contact.
- It is easier to search for contacts and attachments in emails.
- It allows for easy indexing of emails.
- It can link to social networks such as Facebook, Twitter and Salesforce.
Cons of Xobni:
- It slows down the performance of Outlook.
- It can only determine the importance of an email based on the frequency of email exchanges.
The second site visited is the getdropbox.com. This software was founded by Drew Houston and Arash Ferdowsi in 2007. It was developed for easy sharing of files. Dropbox is an online storage service where one can upload photos, documents and videos from any computer and share it.
Pros of Dropbox:
- Dropbox allows for an easy uploading and retrieving of files to the web.
- It is compatible with most mobile devices, PCs, Macs and smartphones.
- It is very simple to use.
- Its security features are remarkable through its use of the latest SSL encryption technology.
Cons of Dropbox:
- Compared with other online storage space, Dropbox offers only 2GB of free storage space.
- The privacy issue is questionable because even if one requested that a file be deleted, there is no way that one is assured that Dropbox will delete the file. There is minimal privacy.
- If a file is shared in Dropbox, the recipient of the file can also share it; thus, one loses control over one’s file
Dropbox.com. (n.d.). Choose your Dropbox plan. Retrieved from dropbox.com: https://www.dropbox.com/pricing
Xobni Corporation. (2014). The company. Retrieved from xobni.com: https://www.xobni.com/about/