An analysis essay is somewhere in between your garden-variety essay and a serious research paper. In it, an essay writer must present a claim or an argument about the subject analyzed, with a thesis statement answering a "how" or a "why" question. The proof should come from the evidence produced by the analysis. Overall, the process is very similar to conducting research, only it's done on a smaller scale and can be based on secondary sources alone, without the full-fledged field study. So, overall, less hustle than the research paper or a thesis but more time and effort than an average essay. Of course, the crucial part of a successful analytical essay is finding the right topic for it: relevant, arguable, defendable, and manageable.
In this post, I have prepared 200 suggestions with great research potential. As usual, feel free to modify, expand, or narrow down any of those as you feel fit. By the way, if any one of the topics inspires you to a full-scale research paper, you can always count on your faithful research paper helper. We shall assist you with preparing a literature review, conducting the study, drafting the sample, and editing the final text.
Analytical Essay Topics on Education
- What makes Finland's education system different from the US system? What are the merits/downsides? Which practices should we borrow?
- Analyze early childhood education in your state. How would you change it, and why?
- Competitiveness and pressure to achieve: does the race start too early?
- Analyze inclusive education programs in your community or state. What improvements would you suggest?
- Analyze the role of the emotional support teacher in special education
- Analyze the impact of the global pandemic and lockdown restrictions on education
- Analyze the role of classroom collaboration in motivation and engagement
- Analyze the K12 syllabus for the subject you teach (or any of your choice). What improvements can you think of?
- Analyze an integrated lesson plan for elementary school students. How does it benefit students? What can be done to make integrated lessons more prevalent?
- Analyze a lesson taught by your colleague/classmate. What recommendations would you give them?
Analytical Essay Topics about Society
- Analyze unique challenges faced by Gen-Z during their coming of age. How will it shape their decisions in the future, in your opinion?
- Analyze some popular stereotypes about your social group. How did they originate? What do these stereotypes say about power dynamics within society?
- The burden of unpaid work in everyday life and its impact on career, health, and mental wellbeing
- Analyze how youth culture reacts to disruption and changes in society
- Analyze the role political affiliation plays in modern-day dating culture
- Analyze factors contributing to the decline of youth subcultures
- Analyze specific challenges of Islamic Feminist movements
- Analyze the roles and social perceptions of the elderly throughout history. What new challenges and possibilities do senior citizens face today?
- Analyze socioeconomic factors contributing to domestic violence. Which policies would you propose to prevent physical abuse within families?
- Analyze attitudes toward the assimilation of immigrants in the United States throughout history. How did they change? Why do you think that is?
Analytical Essay Topics on Media and Culture
- Analyze the phenomenon of trigger warnings for online content. What are their explicit and implicit functions? Do you believe they will continue to be in use and spread?
- Analyze the portrayal of romantic relationships in popular culture and its influence on people's decisions and expectations
- Analyze the key drivers behind podcast appeal in 2022
- Analyze the phenomenon of nostalgia consumption and its exploitation in marketing
- Analyze cultural trends contributing to the popularity of paranormal romance
- Analyze popular stand-up comedians and demonstrate how humor can be used as a tool for social change.
- Analyze the impact of filter bubbles on polarization in society
- Analyze factors that make social media influencers problematic. Does their engagement with followers shape or merely showcase cultural and social trends?
- Cultural factors behind the phenomenon of the "special girl" and "NLAG" in teen media
- What pop-culture obsession with eternal youth tells about our values and fears as a society
Analytical Essay Topics about Visual Arts
- Analyze how Leonardo da Vinci solved artistic problems with innovation by using at least three da Vinci works as examples
- Analyze visual challenges of adapting stage production into a film on successful and unsuccessful examples of your choice
- Analyze themes explored in contemporary figurative art on the example of three artists of your choice
- Visual storytelling in early photography
- Analyze the visual means employed by a popular Youtube channel of your choice. How does it help to create a unique style of the channel?
- Analyze how scrapbooking techniques and translate into digital media (Snapchat, Instagram, TikTok)
- Analyze how modern visual culture transformed text communication
- Analyze how the depiction of Disney characters changed through the years. What does it say about the audience and the way the brand presents itself?
- Analyze the design of a website of your choice. How the color scheme correlates with its purpose and brand identity?
- Analyze the architecture and urban planning of a city/town of your choice. How does it communicate ideology through visual means?
Analytical Essay Topics on Literature
- In one of his letters, J. R. R. Tolkien famously says that "investigation of an author's biography… is an entirely vain and false approach to his works." However, biographical criticism is still a crucial part of the literary study toolkit. Analyze the merits and shortcomings of the biographical approach in relation to any author of your choice
- Heroism in Sir Gawain and the Green Knight
- Analyze how Andrew Marvell depicts time and mortality
- What makes Charles Dickens's A Tale of Two Cities relevant and relatable today?
- Analyze the way Jane Austen uses vision and optical metaphors to move and resolve conflict
- The theme of hope in J. R. R. Tolkien's The Lord of the Rings
- Heroism in
- Analyze symbolism in Tim O'Brien's The Things They Carried
- Innocence and the American Dream in F. Scott Fitzgerald's The Great Gatsby
- Analyze the role of moral ambiguity in George R. R. Martin's A Song of Ice and Fire
American History Analytical Essay Topics
- On the example of three Native American tribes of your choice, demonstrate how the "savage" label used by some settlers was untrue
- What can the Salem Witch Trials tell us about the social tensions of the time?
- Analyze the role of the French-Indian War and the tensions it created in the Revolution
- Analyze the positive and negative effects of the Transcontinental Railroad
- Analyze the role of African Americans in the Union cause during the Civil War
- Analyze the effects of Indian reservations on the state and country
- Analyze the impact of discriminatory laws such as the Chinese Exclusion Act on immigrant communities
- Analyze and demonstrate with examples the role of advanced weaponry in World War I
- Analyze the effects of mass migration during the Dust Bowl
- Analyze the role of World War II in women's liberation
World History Analytical Essay Topics
- What cist burials tell us about the worldview of Neolithic Europeans?
- The role of writing in the Babylonian Empire
- Analyze the role of urban networks and roads in the economic integration of the Roman Empire
- Analyze the role of Buddhism in the unification of India under king Ashoka
- Analyze the part that bureaucracy played in China's imperial feudal period
- Analyze the cultural impact of the Black Death on Europe
- Analyze how the gunpowder changed the war
- The role of the "terra nullius" concept in Australian history
- The blurring of borders and ethnoreligious problems in post-colonial Africa
- The role of archeology in the Israeli-Palestinian conflict
Philosophy and Religion Analysis Essay Topics
- Analyze the New Age movement and give your opinion. Do you believe these eclectic cultural practices represent inclusivity and religious tolerance or cultural appropriation and commodification of spirituality?
- Analyze factors that led to the growing popularity of mysticism in Medieval Europe
- Analyze the evolutionary significance of the Golden Rule
- Analyze philosophical dilemmas explored in a video game of your choice. How does this medium lend itself to this exploration?
- Analyze the place of music in congregational worship
- Analyze the role of religion in colonial history
- The role of religion in philanthropy and social care
- Analyze the secular culture of your choice. Do you find any "surrogates" for religious faith? Which beliefs and commitments take center stage?
- Analyze indigenous belief systems of two Native American tribes of your choice
- The role of religion in conflict and peacemaking throughout human history
Film Analysis Essay Topics
- Analyze how Robert Bresson uses a minimalistic approach to heighten tragedy in Mouchette
- Analyze the use of symbolism in Maya Deren's Meshes of the Afternoon
- Analyze the pictorial style of Sergei Eisenstein in Battleship Potemkin
- Analyze how Nagisa Ōshima explores bigotry and xenophobia in Death by Haning
- Analyze how the French New Wave's style is expressed in Jean-Luc Godard's Breathless
- Analyze the use of editing techniques in Dziga Vertov's Man with a Movie Camera
- Analyze the influence of James Joyce's Ulysses in Federico Fellini's 8 ½
- Analyze Orson Welles' use of innovative techniques in Citizen Kane
- Neorealism and the influence of the documentaries on Vittorio De Sica's Bicycle Thieves
- Analyze how the camera work creates the experience in Stanley Kubrick's 2001: A Space Odyssey
Speech Analysis Essay Topics
- Perform rhetorical analysis of Virginia Woolf's essay A Room of One's Own
- Analyze Winston Churchill's "We Shall Fight on the Beaches" speech
- Analyze the final speech from Charlie Chaplin's The Great Dictator
- Analyze Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.'s speech at Stanford on April 14, 1967 ("The Other America")
- Analyze Bob Dylan's speech for Nobel Banquet
- Analyze Margaret Thatcher's "The Lady's Not For Turning" speech
- Analyze Malala Yousafzai's address at the Youth Takeover of the United Nations
- Rhetorical analysis of "The Farther From Home I Feel" speech from Saving Private Ryan
- Analyze the "Carpe diem. Seize the day." speech from the Dead Poets Society
- Analyze J. K. Rowling's Commencement Address at Harvard University J.K. Rowling's Commencement Address at Harvard University
Controversial Analysis Essay Topics
- Analyze attitudes to sex work in countries where its legalized against countries where it isn't recognized by law
- How gender and sexuality expression today is different/resembles Antiquity?
- Analyze the state of abortion rights around the world. Are there any notable socioeconomic trends that correlate with abortion rights or lack thereof?
- Analyze how attitudes towards genome editing correlate with health status and political affiliation
- Analyze the controversy behind the gun control debate. Why do you believe it is such a sensitive issue in the US?
- Analyze the influence of the BLM movement on public discourse
- Analyze factors contributing to growing economic inequality in the US. What means of bridging this gap do you deem fitting?
- Analyze the impact of undocumented immigrants on the labor market and the economy as a whole
- Analyze the state of roads, bridges, waterways, and airports in your state. Which policies would you suggest to improve the infrastructure?
- Analyze one industry of your choice and the results of affirmative action and inclusiveness in it. Are outcomes adverse, neutral, or positive?
Analysis Essay Topics about Psychology
- Analyze "predictive brain" theory and its impact on cognitive science
- Analyze evolutionary origins and the role of humor
- Analyze factors contributing to the rise of overconsumption and hoarding as coping mechanisms in modern society
- Analyze the uncanny valley hypothesis from the point of view of evolutionary psychology
- Compare suicide rates in different states and propose a hypothesis about which factors contribute to lower suicide risk
- Analyze the diversity makeup of the psychology workforce. Which factors contribute to the lack of it? What can you propose as a solution?
- Analyze fears and anxieties expressed in the horror genre. Why do some viewers find such content therapeutic?
- Analyze how people become involved in cults. Which groups are the most vulnerable? What can be done to help them and prevent indoctrination?
- Analyze the relationship between depression stigmatization, toxic positivity, and "bootstrap" cultural ideal in the United States
- Analyze how narcissism is portrayed in popular culture and how accurate this portrayal is
Analysis Essay Topics about Music
- Analyze how music shapes society on the example of one epoch and one dominating music genre
- Analyze the predictability of musical trends and success in the contemporary music industry
- Analyze how taste in music changes over a lifetime
- Analyze how streaming affected the music industry and artists
- More than music: analyze the appeal of music festivals for individuals and communities
- Analyze gender imbalance in classical music
- Analyze the role music played in protest movements and social change
- Analyze the part that explicit sexuality plays in hip-hop culture
- Analyze how the perception of citing and borrowing in music changed throughout history
- Analyze the use of music in parody and homage
Criminal Justice Analytical Essay Topics
- Analyze how attitudes towards capital punishment correlate with income and political affiliation
- Analyze policing and law enforcement in your community
- Analyze the pretrial in your state. Do you believe it needs bail reform?
- Analyze the impact of juvenile fines and fees on the community in your area. Do you believe your state needs a reform in this area?
- Analyze the rate of probation revocations in your community. What would you suggest to reduce the numbers? Do you believe community supervision is a promising strategy?
- Analyze the treatment of people in custody in your state. Do you believe jail standards and practices need reforming?
- Analyze the human trafficking problem in the US. Why is the current system ineffective? What would you suggest to reduce this problem?
- Analyze the number of drug-related crimes in your state. Do you believe the legalization of marijuana had/would have had an effect on the number?
- Analyze how housing barriers for people with criminal records influence the risk of subsequent recidivism. Which policies would you suggest to improve the chances of successful reentry?
- Analyze the impact of mental health awareness on violent crime and suicide rates. Which pathways for prevention would you suggest?
Political Science Analytical Essay Topics
- Analyze attitudes towards the support of Ukraine in the struggle against Russian aggression in American society
- Analyze ageism in politics on the example of your state.
- Analyze successful cases of bipartisan reforms. What are the critical components for gaining support across the political divide?
- Analyze the Electoral College system and its vulnerabilities. Do you believe it should be reformed?
- Analyze the state of relations between the United States and China. How might it develop, and which potential consequences can it have on the global economy?
- Analyze how the multiple elections held in 2022 might influence politics regionally and globally?
- Analyze how Joe Biden's presidency so far fairs with the continuing ideological wars over abortion, gun control, vaccination, immigration, etc. Are reconciliation and consensus possible?
- Analyze the legacy of the Patriot Act. What did it achieve? How did it change society? What are its positive and negative lasting effects?
- Analyze the US and international involvement in Afghanistan. What were the factors contributing to the tragedy that followed?
- Analyze the developing political landscape of modern Africa. Which are the most common challenges? Which country can be named a success story and emulated?
Analytical Essay Topics on Economics
- Analyze the current inflation rate and the possibility of depression. Which measures would you propose to prevent unemployment and hardships for those with modest incomes?
- Analyze the impact of COVID-19 on the global economy. What lessons can be taken out of it to counteract future pandemics?
- Analyze factors contributing to so many young Americans feeling disenfranchised by Capitalism and leaning toward Socialism?
- Analyze causes of the 2008 Financial Crisis. What are the chances of something like this happening again?
- Analyze economic, social, and political consequences of American companies moving manufacturing facilities overseas
- Analyze the role of Cryptocurrency in the global financial system
- Analyze the impact of the "gig economy" on domestic markets and individual finances
- Analyze the role of globalization in illegal economic activities, such as tax avoidance and money laundering. Suggest mechanisms to curb these issues domestically and globally.
- Analyze factors contributing to the growing poverty rates in developed countries, such as the USA
- Analyze cases of universal basic income experiments. Are the main arguments of UBI proponents and opponents corroborated by the data so far? How likely is universal basic income in the USA, in your opinion?
Analytical Essay Topics on Business and Marketing
- Analyze how CSR can be leveraged to reinforce brand equity using an organization of your choice as the example
- Analyze the most common mistakes in social media communication that hurt brand image
- Analyze consumer buying behavior for the product of your choice. What untapped potential is there for growth?
- Analyze possibilities and restrictions put on brand communication by targeting specific demographics using any brand of your choice as the example
- Analyze advertising strategies adopted by brands during a recession
- Analyze successful and unsuccessful cases of event sponsorships. Which factors influence customer perception the most?
- Analyze customer perception of targeted social media ads. What can be done to raise the approval rates?
- Analyze successful and unsuccessful cases of influencer collaboration. What are the main principles to follow and mistakes to avoid?
- Analyze the logistic system of a big retailer of your choice. How can one optimize it without putting more pressure and stress on floor workers?
- Analyze product design and positioning that attracts Gen-Z. Based on the results, suggest rebranding for a product of your choice to make it more desirable for customers in younger cohorts.
Analytical Essay Topics on Environment
- Analyze why the climate change debate creates so much controversy and polarization in society
- Tackling climate change requires significant investments that will see a return in the distant future, if ever. Where do you think the funds should be obtained?
- Analyze a company of your choice for its transparency on sustainability and carbon-reducing practices. Which policies would you suggest to counteract greenwashing?
- Analyze renewable energy share in your region. Which sources can be used to increase it?
- Analyze the impact of noise pollution in your area on human lives and ecosystems. Suggest solutions for reducing the adverse effects.
- Analyze factors contributing to growing rates of wildfires. Suggest cost-effective solutions to prevent and manage wildfires in your area.
- Analyze endangered species numbers in your state. How many have become extinct in the last 50 years? How many have changed their protective status? What can be done to restore the wildlife numbers?
- Analyze water supply and access to drinking water in your community. What can be done to tackle the current issues or manage water resources more effectively?
- Analyze the carbon footprint of an average household in your area. What measures would you suggest to reduce the emissions?
- Analyze the deforestation problem in the USA. What can be done to slow down tree cover loss and reverse the process?
Analytical Essay Topics on Health Care and Nursing
- Analyze the impact of climate change on public health and wellbeing
- Analyze the role of advertising in population obesity rates
- Analyze COVID-19 outcomes in the US vs. Canada
- Analyze factors contributing to the maternal mortality rate in the USA. What would you suggest to lower the numbers?
- Analyze the survival rate for preterm birth in your state. Which measures can be taken to improve the numbers?
- Dimensions of equality in the regulation of and access to assisted reproductive technology
- Analyze sex and gender differences in cardiovascular disease symptoms, treatment, and prognosis
- Analyze nursing turnover rates in an organization of your choice. What can you suggest to improve retention?
- Analyze attitudes toward euthanasia in your state. Do you believe euthanasia is likely to become legal in the USA?
- Analyze the use of prescription drugs, over-the-counter drugs, and non-pharmacological pain management. What possibilities and limitations does any particular method possess?
Analytical Essay Topics about Technology
- Analyze the possible potential of using AI for warfare. Which policies would you suggest to regulate it?
- Analyze the impact of technology use on relationships within families
- Analyze the role of assistive technology in the education of children with disabilities
- Analyze the part big data plays in tackling COVID-19 and modeling possible outcomes of future pandemics
- Analyze the successes and shortcomings of telemedicine so far. What can you suggest to improve the outcomes for patients?
- Analyze the impact of fitness tracking on public health. How can government work together with brands and companies to increase positive outcomes?
- Analyze vulnerabilities in modern banking systems. What can be done to future-proof financial institutions?
- Analyze digital government technology implementation in your state. What are the factors influencing these outcomes compared to other states?
- How can big data technology be used in education to predict job market demand and create qualified employees to meet the need?
- Analyze how technology helps to advance linguistics/archeology/marine biology or any other field of knowledge of your choice.
Not enough ideas to fuel your brainstorming session? Not a problem! We can help with personalized topic suggestions as well. Get in touch with our customer support or request assistance via the order form, and we'll get back to you within minutes. Wish you unwavering luck, endless inspiration, and unquenchable curiosity this academic year. Stay with us, and love writing!