In the 21st century, businesses have been exposed to a new kind of business practice model called e-commerce. E-commerce is the technique of carrying out the business operations through the internet. This not only expands the customer base for the business, but also ensures that products and services are delivered in a more organized manner. For the purpose of expanding the operations and to better cater to the needs of the individual customer, Canadian Pizza has also initiated its own e-commerce platform by creating their website called www.canadian-pizza.com.
The pizza delivery business is quite competitive and requires the company to carry out a continuous update of their business. This means that Canadian 2 for 1 pizza should also try to create and add new products to its existing product line. At the present moment they usually make a new type of pizza for their product line every 8-10 weeks. This means customers have something new to look forward to in the near future all the time. This sense of excitement surely benefits the company in the form of increased sales. They are primarily targeting the people who are only aged between 18 years and 35 years of age and approximately 80% of their entire revenue is contributed by their delivery services.
Creating the appropriate ecommerce model is crucial for any business today. To cope with the increasing amount of competition, Canadian Pizza has also set up an integral website which allows the user to place an order on their delivery number. It also contains the prices as well as the sizes of their pizzas, including the special gourmet items. Customers can also watch out for the special promotions that Canadian pizza runs from time to time.
Although the website provides all the basic information as you would expect in a normal e-commerce website. It does not allow the customer to place an order online. If the customer is able to place an order online, then it may help increase the sales for Canadian pizza. Delivery services currently accounts for around 80 percent of the total revenue made by the company, but it represents a mere 7% to 8% of the total market share. Therefore, they do have significant scope of market share expansion, which may translate into greater sales and greater profit for the company.
Therefore if the company merely adds the option to place orders and checkout online, then it may significantly help increase their market share. Customers can easily sieve through their product list and then place and order online. This will be quicker and easier to process both for the customers as well as the company.
- LEE KIAN SEONG, 2009. Pizza maker in upbeat mood. [online]. Available at: <http://www.canadianpizza.com.my/testimonials.php> [Accessed on 11 December 2011]
- Canadian2for1 pizza, 2011. About the Company.[online] Available at: <http://www.canadian-pizza.com/AbouttheCompany.aspx> [Accessed on 11th December 2011]
- Canadian2for1 pizza, 2011. Company History.[online] Available at: < http://www.canadian-pizza.com/CompanyHistory.aspx> [Accessed on 11th December 2011]
- Canadian2for1pizza, 2011. Dine-in franchises are available now !!. [online] Available at: < http://www.canadian-pizza.com/Franchises.aspx> [Accessed on 11th December 2011]
- SGCGo Team Staff, 2010.Canadian 2 for 1 Pizza. [online] Available at: < http://sgcgo.com/canadian-2-for-1-pizza/> [Accessed on 11th December 2011]
- Canadian Pizza Malaysia, 2011. Corporate Vision. [online] Available at: < http://www.canadianpizza.com.my/about_vision.php> [Accessed on 11th December 2011]
- Canadian Pizza, 2011. Canadian Pizza Delivery and Pickup menu. [online] Available at: < http://www.canadianpizza.com.my/menu.php> [Accessed on 11th December 2011]
- Canadian Pizza, 2011. Franchising the Process. [online] Available at: < http://www.canadianpizza.com.my/franchising_process.php> [Accessed on 11th December 2011]