It has come to my attention that most employees in this company have wanting oral presentation techniques. As a result of this, the company is planning to conduct a short course on public speaking to enable every member of staff develop the good practice of live presentation. Meanwhile, below are some of the considerations one ought to undertake before and during live presentations.
How to Prepare Before a Live Presentation
- Go to the library and read about the topic you will be presenting about to have a strong background of information about the subject at hand.
- Look for what other people have written or said in relation to the topic you are yet to cover.
- Identify the venue of presentation for you to know the cost of transport and the sources of energy present.
- Have a clear picture about the size of the audience you will be sharing with in order that you may decide on whether to have a public address system or not.
- Prepare a script or presentation cards for the presentation and rehearse it.
- Gather and prepare the slides if any for the presentation.
- As you prepare a run down script for the presentation, ensure that there is a balance between print and slides used. Do not overuse either print text or slides
- Be at the venue in time in order that there is enough time to compose yourself for the presentation.
- Do not eat sugary food stuffs before presentation to avoid a croaking throat during presentation.
How to Present To the Audience
- Wear a warm cheerful face. Smile to your audience so as they are not scared of you.
- Use a warm, musical and authoritative voice to gain credibility from the audience.
- Employ purposeful body movements to enhance your message.
- Utilize the whole stage set for you. Do not stand at one point in the course of presentation.
- Maintain eye contact with audience or you can as well look over their heads.
- If you are using chats or slides stand on the right hand side of the boards or screen so as not to block the audience from seeing what you are explaining.
I believe if everyone tried to consider the factors outlined above, the presentations you make will achieve their purpose. Thank you