Project leadership is one of the dynamic aspects of project management. Project management professionals have had to deal with changes in the project including information technology, new training curricular for new employees posing challenge to organizational traditional designs, and project life cycle. Project management professionals have the challenge of understanding the diverse roles of the handling different work processes and organizational personnel.
This training program outlines the requirements and methods required to provide training on leadership development, especially based on designing appropriate communication channels within organizations with different levels of personnel and departmentation.
- Training Scope
- Training Objectives
A training program will be developed to provide the proper level of training required for a range of users from novice to expert project managers. Training methods will vary based on the type of manager such as portfolio manager, project manager, executives, managers, and team members. Training will provided for the leadership based on creation and management of communication channels across the different levels of project management.
- The project manager, in the capacity of a leadership expert, will help in the development of the training materials. However, the responsibility for developing, delivering, and administering the training will be designated to hired leadership professionals
- The previous project leadership development training is recommended as a prerequisite for novice project managers
- A timely training schedule for developing the training materials and course offerings will be a challenge as multiple training manuals offer conflicting information about some issues
- Developing and delivering the training during the summer and the fall will be difficult since these are the busiest times of the year for project managers
- Training Program
- Training prerequisites
All project managers are expected to understand and be familiar with the project leadership development issues, especially in appropriate communication channels before attending any of the training sessions as well as prepare critical thinking questions.
- Types of Training
3.3 Training Schedule
The project managers in the capacity of organizers and experts will design the schedule for the training program. However, the table below represents the proposed schedule for the training program, which is projected to take place between July and December 2014.
3.4 Training logistics
- Training facilities are provided by the training organizers
- Seminar type courses require various size rooms equipped with projector and laptop with internet access
- Internet courses will be provided though selected websites accessible by all the training participants
- Roles and Responsibilities
The table below outlines the basic training responsibilities. However, this table does not represent a work breakdown structure – that will be added when more details are known
- Estimated Training Budget
Cost estimate is two full time resources for six months to develop and schedule five custom scenarios to run a total of three times each at the corporate office only. The estimate for this work is $200,000 according to the provisions of the project managers and the hired trainers.
Free Business Plan About Training Leadership Development
Cite this page
- Leadership Business Plans
- Project Management Business Plans
- Professionalism Business Plans
- Training Business Plans
- Development Business Plans
- Internet Business Plans
- Communication Business Plans
- Management Business Plans
- Project Business Plans
- Training Program Business Plans
- Schedule Business Plans
- Manager Business Plans
- Developing Business Plans
- Leadership Development Business Plans
- Expert Business Plans
- Capacity Business Plans
- Information Business Plans
- Roles Business Plans
- Project Manager Business Plans