Type of paper:
Literature, Psychology, Science, Books, Information, Library, Mind, Wish
John Q. Student
Augusta State University
Science Direct is a leading full-text scientific database which provides reference material for those who are in need of scholarly references covering various topics. There are about 2,500 peer-reviewed journals and over 11,000 books. It is very useful for every kind of research work about the sciences and will provide the most up-to-date and reliable information you can get over the internet.
How to use it:
- Go to http://www.sciencedirect.com.www.msvu.ca:2048/ and click on “Library”
- Once you arrive at the Library section of the website, click on “Databases A-Z”
- You will see an alphabetical listing of all the databases you can access. Go to the “S” section and click on “Science Direct”.
- You will then be asked to log-in with your Novell/Moodle username and password.
- You can now see the Science Direct homepage for MSVU. If you have no particular topic in mind, you can scan through the selection of journals and books. To make things easier you can either filter them (1) by subject/favorites/alphabetically, (2) whether you prefer either journals or books (or both), (3) or if you wish to search for articles or images. If you wish, you can do a more specific and advanced search (4).
- If you have a particular subject topic in mind, type in all of the key words you know on the search bar/s present. You can opt to omit any information you are not sure of; such as the author, book title, volume/issue/page number.
- Upon clicking “Search” you will be presented a list of items which matched your search criteria. Under the resource of your choice you can opt to (1) Show a preview of the journal/book, download a PDF version of it, view related articles, and view related reference work articles. (2) You can also further filter the search results under any criteria you wish.
ScienceDirect. (n.d.). Retrieved March 31, 2013, from SciVerse: http://www.sciencedirect.com.www.msvu.ca:2048/
Cite this page
Choose cite format:
WowEssays. (2020, January, 30) Free Report On A Guide To Using The Science Direct Database. Retrieved January 20, 2021, from https://www.wowessays.com/free-samples/free-report-on-a-guide-to-using-the-science-direct-database/
"Free Report On A Guide To Using The Science Direct Database." WowEssays, 30 Jan. 2020, https://www.wowessays.com/free-samples/free-report-on-a-guide-to-using-the-science-direct-database/. Accessed 20 January 2021.
WowEssays. 2020. Free Report On A Guide To Using The Science Direct Database., viewed January 20 2021, <https://www.wowessays.com/free-samples/free-report-on-a-guide-to-using-the-science-direct-database/>
WowEssays. Free Report On A Guide To Using The Science Direct Database. [Internet]. January 2020. [Accessed January 20, 2021]. Available from: https://www.wowessays.com/free-samples/free-report-on-a-guide-to-using-the-science-direct-database/
"Free Report On A Guide To Using The Science Direct Database." WowEssays, Jan 30, 2020. Accessed January 20, 2021. https://www.wowessays.com/free-samples/free-report-on-a-guide-to-using-the-science-direct-database/
WowEssays. 2020. "Free Report On A Guide To Using The Science Direct Database." Free Essay Examples - WowEssays.com. Retrieved January 20, 2021. (https://www.wowessays.com/free-samples/free-report-on-a-guide-to-using-the-science-direct-database/).
"Free Report On A Guide To Using The Science Direct Database," Free Essay Examples - WowEssays.com, 30-Jan-2020. [Online]. Available: https://www.wowessays.com/free-samples/free-report-on-a-guide-to-using-the-science-direct-database/. [Accessed: 20-Jan-2021].
Free Report On A Guide To Using The Science Direct Database. Free Essay Examples - WowEssays.com. https://www.wowessays.com/free-samples/free-report-on-a-guide-to-using-the-science-direct-database/. Published Jan 30, 2020. Accessed January 20, 2021.