Answer 1: It involves designing of human resource companies in such a manner so as to meet employee needs of the company along with promoting company goals. HRM involves and deals with all aspects of business as benefits, recruitment, training, pay, firing and also provide with incentives and several vacation and sick leaves (Randhawa, 2007). While Strategic human resource management is advance people management. It required thinking in advance the ways to fulfill the needs of its employees for a company and vice versa.
Answer 2: Discrimination against everyone is prohibited in EEO. It tries to sure that all the relevant applicants form any cast either male or female should have fair and equal opportunity in the recruitment process, for competing promotions, and other related training and professional development opportunity (Steward, 2010). While, the aim of managing diversity is to provide background, skill set and other such necessary things that may change widely with the opportunity of employees to get engaged with their colleagues and the company so as to give satisfactory work environment and best results to the company.
Answer 3: Jeffery Pfeffers identified the following 7 people centered practices:
- Compensation based on performance
- Rigorous recruitment procedure.
- Fortification of job security
- Diminution of status differences (BusinessNews Publishing, 2013)
- Key information to be shared
- Comprehensive training.
Answer 4: The steps included in the PROCEED employees selection process or model are prepare, review, organize, conduct, evaluate, exchange and decide (Kreitner & Mohapatra, 2008).
Answer 5: Step to be taken by mangers in the U.S need to take to make their performance appraisals legally defensible in court:
- Managers should involve employees in establishing performance standards.
- Relevant standard to be used for essential job elements (Gary, 2010).
- Employees should be informed and make understood about the job expectation before appraisal.
- There should be no comparison between employees.
- They should allow employees to give their inputs for any documentation of performance appraisal (Gary, 2010).
BusinessNews Publishing. (2013). Summary: Hidden Value - Charles O’Reilly III and Jeffrey Pfeffer. PRIMENTO.
Gary, D. (2010). Fundamentals Of Human Resource Management: Content, Competencies And Applications. Pearson Education.
Kreitner, R. & Mohapatra, M. (2008). Management 2008. Dreamtech Press.
Randhawa, G. (2007). Human Resource Management. Atlantic Publishers & Dist.
Steward, D.D. (2010). Statistical Analysis of Employment Data in Discrimination Lawsuits and Eeo Audits. Dwight Steward.