The request for proposal (RFP) document for this project will be designed to address the following issues contained in the sections and subsections outlined:
- Cover page
This section will contain the following: name of the department (department of public health), which seeks to recruit technical team to develop the database; title of the request for proposal, date, due date for submitting the proposal, and the officer to contact. The information will be written in that order centered at the cover page.
- Table of content
The table of content will contain sections within the document
This section will state the department that seeks for the proposal, the purpose for which the proposal is intended, and terms of agreement of the contract between the prospective developing team and the organization.
This section will provide a brief explanation of the circumstances prompting the organization to develop immunization database. It will also contain a brief history of the department.
- Anticipated scope of services
.This section will outline the scope of services the contractor is expected to provide
- General scope of service: these are based on general goals.
- Detailed scope of service
This section will outline the tangible output that will be obtained in the course developing the database
- Key variables: the deliverables will be numbered.
- Other expectations
- Organization and direction
- Selection process
The section will outline how developers will be selected based on the proposals received.
- Evaluation criteria
This section will outline the criteria that will be used in reviewing the proposals received.
- Submittal requirements
The section will contain the following:
- Request for proposal schedule
- Proposal format
- Content of the proposals: this will indicate the intended content of proposals
- A signed cover letter
- Executive summary
- Demonstration of the respondent’s qualifications
- Brief description of the organization to which the respondent is affiliated
- A description of the respondent’s company’s prior experience in information technology
- Description of the respondent’s areas of experience
- Modification or withdrawal of proposal
In this section, it will be stated that the respondent can withdraw or modify the proposal before the due date.
- This section will state whether the proposals will be subjected to public opening.
- General rules
This section will state the general rules to be applied in the procurement process
- Reservation of rights
Our project to develop an immunization database primarily requires the following: public health professionals, development team, informatics, computer programs, and public health practices.
Special considerations that must be taken into account
Patient data security and privacy must be taken into account since incorporating patient’s information in a database is prone to accessibility by unauthorized person. The system being developed will ensure that data pertaining to patients is protected from unauthorized person. Besides, the ability of the system to prevent loss of information will be assessed. The information will be used in order to ensure that the information is kept safe.
Another special consideration is the simplicity of the system to be developed. In this case, the database is intended for use by various personalities and departments.