Adding More Black Males to the Workforce
A. Background of the Study
1. The need for workplace diversity.
2. The present status of Male Blacks in the employment fields.
B. Statement of the Problem
1. Why there are less Black Males in the Workplace?
2. How to solve this problem?
C. Research Objectives
1. To know why there are disparities in employment among racial lines.
2. To propose ways of solving this disparity.
D. Significance of the Study
II. Research Plan
A. Researching on the topic – Black Males in the Workplace
B. Reviewing the Literature and Recording Sources
C. Research Methodology: Context Analysis
D. Researching Solutions to the Problem
E. Research Writing
III. Proposed Solutions
A. More access for employment for Black Males.
B. Educational opportunities for more Black Males.
C. Greater equitable treatment of employees across the US through legislations, labor provisions, commercial laws, etc.
V. Possible References
1. Johnson, M. & Malveaux, J. (2011). Working While Black: The Black Person's Guide to Success in the White Workplace. Chicago: Chicago Review Press; Second Edition.
2. Loury, Glenn. (2002). The Anatomy of Racial Inequality. Cambridge, Mass.: Harvard University Press.
1. Gottfredson, Linda S. (1997). Multiculturalism in the workplace. The Psychologist-Manager Journal, Vol 1(1), 1997, 7-17.http://dx.doi.org/10.1037/h0095820.
2. Mintz, Beth & Krymkowski, Daniel H. (2010). The Ethnic, Race, and Gender Gaps in Workplace Authority: Changes Over Time in the United States. The Sociological Quarterly, p. 20 – 45.
3. Kalev, Alexandra & Dobbin, Frank. (2006). Enforcement of Civil Rights Law in Private Workplaces: The Effects of Compliance Reviews and Lawsuits Over Time. Law & Social Inquiry, Volume 31, Issue 4, 855–903.
4. Bertone, Santina & Leahy, Mary. (April 2003). Multiculturalism as a Conservative Ideology: Impacts on Workplace Diversity. Asia Pacific Journal of Human Resources, 41 (1), p. 101-115.
5. Crabtree, Steve & Robison, Jennifer. (October 8, 2013). Engaged Workplaces are Engines of Job Creation. Gallup Business Journal. Retrieved on April 29, 2015 from, http://www.gallup.com/businessjournal/165233/engaged-workplaces-engines-job-creation.aspx.
C. Other sources
1. BBC News. (2012). Workplace Discrimination Prompts “Whitened” Job Applications. BBC News Website. Retrieved on April 29, 2015 from, http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-20608039.
2. Josephson, Michael. (December 6, 2014). There are over 300,000 more black men in college than in prison, but you wouldn’t know this watching cable or network news? How come? Retrieved on April 29, 2015 from, http://whatwillmatter.com/2014/12/300000-black-men-college-prison-wouldnt-know-watching-cable-network-news-come/.
3. Torres, Emily. (April 19, 2015). Workplace Discrimination: Who Is Suffering? Young Money Website. Retrieved on April 29, 2015 from, http://finance.youngmoney.com/careers/what-do-these-have-in-common-gender-lifestyle-choices-and-age/.