- General overview of motivation
- Brief run-down of motivational theories
- Research aim: to explore motivational theories that apply to generation Y
- Thesis statement: to find out what particular motivational theory is applicable to generation Y
2. Characteristics of Generation Y
- Educated and Fast Learners
- Socially, Culturally & Environmentally Aware and Connected .
3. The Motivational Theories that Apply to Generation Y
- Multiattribute Utility Theory
- Maslow’s Hierarchy of Needs
- Generation Y’s Two Factor Theory
- Generation Y’s Acquired Needs Theory
- Modified Motivation Model
4. Conclusions and Reflections
- Highlights of findings
- Limitations of current research
- Implications for future research
- Reflections and closing remarks
5. List of References
Bahoo, T. (n.d.). Motivating and Rewarding Generation Y Employees. Retrieved from academia.edu: http://www.academia.edu/3736192/MOTIVATING_AND_REWARDING_GENERATION_Y_EMPLOYEES
Barford, I., & Hester, P. (2011, January). Analysis of Generation Y Workforce Motivation Using Multiattribute. Retrieved from dtc.mil: www.dtic.mil/get-tr-doc/pdf?AD=ADA535500
Cole, G., Smith, R., & Lucas, L. (2002). The Debut of Generation Y in the American Workforce. Journal of Business Administration Online, 1-10.
Crampton, S., & Hodge, J. (2009). Generation Y: Unchartered Territory. Journal of Business & Economics Research, Vol. 7, No. 4, 1-6.
Karefalk, A., Pettersson, M., & Zhu, Y. (2008). How to Motivate Generation Y with Different Cultural Backgrounds. Retrieved from dival.portal.org: www.diva-portal.org/smash/get/diva2:230955/FULLTEXT01.pdf
Treuren, G., & Anderson, K. (2010). Different Age Cohorts: Is Generation Y Really That Different? Australian Journal of Career Development, 49-60.
Verret, C. (n.d.). Generation Y: Motivating and Training A New Generation of Employees. Retrieved June 14, 2014, from nctd.com.au.
Waterworth, N. (2013, April 4). Generation Y's Hierarchy of Needs. Retrieved from Talented Heads: http://www.talentedheads.com/2013/04/04/generation-ys-hierarchy-of-needs/
Project Outline Research Papers Examples
Cite this page