- The primary audience in Jeff’s audience profile is internal. This is because I will be trying to convince the corporate and managers of the need to have Jeff working.
- The Profile is targeting older audiences and both genders in the management and human resource department. Jeff is an assistant manager and hence a senior employee in the hotel.
- Jeff as an assistant manager report to the upper management and hence knows everything about the topic.
- However, the audience requires that I write the document following the rules, regulations and the required etiquette.
/> - I have expectations that my audience will respond on the best way to deal with Jeff whether he should be granted the leave and what happens to his employment contract.
- The audience in this case values the work done by the employee. Therefore, what they care about is an employee who is competent at work and delivers the hotel’s goals.
- What I want my audience to think is of how to solve the problems with Jeff by considering the problem and inconveniences he creates.
- The audiences benefit from this message is that they are able to evaluate how their various employees are working hence noting on areas that need changes or improvement.
- The secondary audience will require any information that is related to this job, location of the hotel and the remuneration.
- The best medium for this audience will be newspapers or posts on job advertising websites. This is because the audience will have access to these mediums of communication.
Medium of communication
The appropriate medium of communication to the human resource officer will be print. This is so to ensure that the message is formal and can be produced as evidence by the primary audience in cases where they need to handle and deal with Jeff’s case. Print medium shows originality and upholds all the formalities. The officers can also keep for reference in the future.
In the case of Jeff, electronic medium will be appropriate. This is because it will be the fastest way to reach Jeff who in this case is not in the office for him to be able to access the print medium. The distance between Jeff and me will only allow the use of electronic medium also the fact that Jeff used the same to leave a message on his need for leave.
Message to Jeff’s phone
Hallo Jeff. Right now, I am unable to grant you the leave request. I am aware of your grandmother’s situation; however, I am unable to grant the leave this time around. Mrs. Nina had requested for a leave this same weekend, and she has been covering for you during your previous leaves and I may be unfair if I deny her request. On the other hand, the weekend will be busy in the hotel given that we have an important convention that will need many services from the hotel. This is a crucial weekend for the hotel and no other staff is able to represent you, and the hotel cannot afford to lose you as it employee. We really need your help to be able to the revenue target that has been set for us this year. Thanks, hope to work with you this weekend.